Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

That’s the thing, you don’t need a destination list, you should have moved long before that, if you still had characters there then your procrastination is the problem not Blizzards announcements. Of course they were going to screw some people over.

What does that have to do with them killing Mograine only to then send everyone to Mograine again?

It means you could have gone somewhere else of your own choice.

1 Like

No I couldn’t, as the realm where I currently play (Firemaw) is closed to transfers.

1 Like

I thought it was open when they first announced the consolidation?

I made a mistake while building that table for this forum post. I’ve corrected it. Celebras will go to Hydraxian Waterlords as planned.

4 Likes

Wasn’t the same mistake made on the US post too?

It was open to new character creations. It is still closed to transfers, which I have no idea why. I have a bunch of 60s stuck in Mograine now, a dead realm Blizzard themselves killed, and I can’t do anything about it.

Why weren’t destination realms announced before the merge happened?

15 Likes

please do something about patchwerk horde/alliance. only 40 level 70 hord players left on this realm and we were hoping to get merged. now merged happened and we are still a complete dead realm. give us the real free transfer !!!

3 Likes

So I just used free character xfer 1 hour before shut down from Razorgore to Earthshaker, can’t see my character now. Isn’t it supposed to be on Earthshaker now? Or my “free” character transfer is going to be completely ignored and my character will appear on absolute dead server called Mograine in 2 weeks, forcing me to use my credit card to xfer it on real server. Atleast make it less obvious.

2 Likes

You are not even trying at this point, are you? Celebras and ZT to HW makes sense (kind of), but even if Morgraine was a liable destination realm, why send all the Germans there? There are German speaking PVP servers left, even beside Venoxis.

3 Likes

I want to quote myself. Not to gloat, but because Blizzard’s (weeks late) list is utterly ridiculous:

3 Likes

Up until the very end we had people logging in on Zandalar Tribe completely oblivious to the fact that the server was going to die. This information didn’t really pop-up in your face in the launcher. No information when logging in. It existed on these forums and on Discords.

You can’t defend Blizzard and put the blame on the players in this regard. They did an absolutely awful job with the merges. Imagine inactive players wanting to play Wrath of the Lich King but not wanting to go to one of the destination servers. What do you do? Pay subscription in order to log in and move your character then log out and wait for WLK to hit? Or just bite the bullet and hope things work out? The inactive alliance players are going to have a rude awakening on Morgraine.

The way Blizzard handled these merges cannot be described as anything other than extremely poorly.

11 Likes

I could think of a few additional adjectives, but I don’t want to be banned…

12 Likes

You can have 50 characters on a single server by now.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you made more than one mistake, but i don’t expect you to understand that. What Blizzard has done here is the most terrible form of customer service i have ever seen in an MMORPG

17 Likes

Merging German, French and even Russian servers onto Mograine???

That can’t be right, Russians wouldn’t even be able to play in their native language after this move and both German and French players got more suitable servers that remain in their respective languages.

16 Likes

there are no words to describe how blizzard is handling all this except utterly poor and with a big middle finger towards the community. thank you for nothing, blizzard, you greedy pile of …

7 Likes

Anyone cant find their characters today? I had alliance chars on Razorgore, said they should be moved to mograin but I had some lvl 1 hordes there.
Are they gone now because I could get alliance on same server as horde?

1 Like