Class Tuning Coming 29 June

That’s true.
In case of warlocks for example:
But to try and avoid these “newbs” ppl tend to go towards the stronger specs. Because a bad destro should still do equal dmg to a good affli. If the destro is average he will do more.

So yes it’s communities problem. But I can understand why… It’s all balance at faulth.

That discussion around class potential vs player performance reminds me of an idea I had few days ago.

That’s somehow irrelevant, because what matters is DPS. But I thought it would be funny.

Imagine instead of damage meters, we’d have normalized damage meters.
So, for example, right now, the average dps of destruction warlock is 26k.
So, let’s say you play destruction warlock and deal 25k overall, the normalized score would be 0.96 (25k / 26k).
Basically “normalized score = your dps / average overall dps”.

Then you can compute normalized dps this way :
[total group dps] * [your normalized score] / (sum of [normalize score of everyone in the group])

And now we can see who’s a good player and who’s rolling his head on the keyboard :stuck_out_tongue:

But that still won’t fix the problem of non-meta specs getting declined in LFG. Because you can’t predict how good/bad a player is based on Io score.
(Also, rip FotS rerollers)

1 Like

Of course. That’s why I said it’s a bit irrelevant.

What a joke! You are balancing the game for the whole playerbase around the very few best/hardcore players, who wanna time +28 and higher. Don’t be surprised, when all other gamers leave, if you don’t design your game for the average, and only focus on the needs of MDI players, etc.
There are people playing things like Feral Druid, and they don’t even get into a Key, because warlocks do double their dps.

4 Likes

I’ve corrected a typo in the original post. The first PvP change for Holy Priest will be:

• Priest
    • Holy
      • Mana regeneration reduced by 60% in PvP combat (was 55%).

can Feral Druids and Shadow priest get some love for mythic plus , can we get some buffs please

3 Likes

So when will you buff shadow priest in pve? Do not turn a blind eye to them for 3 more years! I feel like garbage when people kick me who has 3k score over a survival hunter with 1.5k score it makes me feel like trash. Even in raids when i dot 7 adds it deals less damage than a melee just padding boss. My dots feels like a feather light and hits for nothing It feels like unrewarding when i do the most and keeps dots on everything but still bottom dps. Give Feral and shadow some love … Please blizzard.

Why should i have to reroll survival or destro when i want to play my class.

Yeah, I guess the humiliation of being a Nightfae Balance Druid these days is totally fine and doesn’t need any tuning at all. Especially minding the systematic destruction of the spec since… wait… let me go WAY back in the WoW expansion timeline to find day x…

Blizzard definitely need to stop nerfing the “insanely OP classes” for 2 reasons:

• Their nerf, as proved times and times again are usually late and end up hurting only normal and more chill players while the more tryhard already achieved what they wanted with an OP version of a class that won’t be there for everyone else.

• It is a game, and game should be about having fun. Sure if a class is doing something obviously wrong, sure tune it.
    But i would guarantee you Blizzard, that if all other classes were buffed on par with Surv/Demo everyone would have more fun.

3 Likes

it’s not been that bad…balance druid was doing really for a while

1 Like

If you played Venth maybe. NF has been off (yet again…) since SL season 2 after the big convoke nerf.

Sure…but to say balance druid has been bad for many expansions is a bit much imo.

I’ve been playing balance since BC and I can have my own point of view imo.

Every class is bad playing the wrong covenant. That is the big issue of SL. But playing the correct covenant boomie has been meta in s1 and been still awesome in s2.

But that’s the point. If I have to choose the “correct covenant” to be successful, it is the devs telling me how to play my character. Which by all means should have its limits in complex rotas, frequently changing stat priority and, consequently, choice of gear / gems / enchantments.

Besides, the definition of the “correct covenant” would require a couple of other aspects to be taken into account. Some of us still prefer to play - PVE - according to lore based character design. And Venthyr has as much to do with druid lore as a warlock with holy light. If you really go as far as to determine which covenant promises the greatest success rate in PVE, then please do it in a way that appears coherent and makes sense for a class character. Druids don’t use “blood magic” nor are they in any way related to the Venthyr concept in terms of belief or aesthetics. The nareative of Ursoc’s spirit cast to and sacrificed for Ardenweald gave a clear course for whereto place druids in SL lore covenant-wise. And I dare saying that many druid players were excited and looking forward to this placement. Night Elf / Troll lore, the lore of two races essential to the druidic / shamanic themes of Warcraft connected to Ardenweald wasn’t by accident. The strong link to nature in Ardenweald wasn’t by accident. The Drustvar, who provided the lore and aesthetics for exclusive Kul Tiran druid design during BFA connected to Ardenweald wasn’t by accident. It makes absolutely no sense that a Night Fae druid is inferior to a Venthyr druid regarding performance in PVE. And they know it.

1 Like

I mean; this is not a debate with me. I hate covenants for everything you just mentoined and more. This is on blizzard. And blizz can not say we did not warn them long before release of the expansion.

But we can not say boomie is bad since tbc. Boomie had the potential to pump big in the last 2 seasons.

2 Likes

Boomie has become gradually worse since TBC and that’s no big secret. And it was usually a transition where they introduced 2nd generation stat priorities like versatility / mastery when the biggest class destructions happened. I remember the moaning very well about this and the introduction of these, non-traditional stats itself was heatedly discussed whenever they were on the rise again throughout the expanions.

It’s not like I wouldn’t play other classes too to have comparison. A range dps with at least one of common stats crit / haste always is way easier to equip and improve than their “a bit of everything but mastery / vers is better than the rest but still a bit of everything tho” mentality for particularly Night Fae balance atm.

Having the potential to pump for two seasons still doesn’t equal the ease of some classes to do damage without ridiculous effort. My item level 226 BM hunter does the same amount of damage as my balance when she had itemlevel 262 while having a way less demanding rota and crit / haste orientated secondary stats. That’s all there is to say to it really.

This might be more on you than on the specs, with all respect.

1 Like

Not really. I had less problems during BFA when balance ran with crit / haste. Might as well have been the fact that you weren’t dictated when to enter eclipse phases and didn’t lose all stacks on arcanic pulsar whenever a group wiped, so you waste the next 1 minute to build up 10 stacks again in order to make any damage at all. But sure, the player is the problem aha. You’d be a great addition to the dev team with that mentality.:ok_hand: