World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

Dragonflight provides an opportunity for some major updates to classes in World of Warcraft with the re-introduction of talent trees. In this preview, we take a first look at the prototype trees for the Priest classes.

View Full Article

3 Likes

Finally, a class I play and care about.

Maybe I can bring something to this conversation now:

I like it! Keep up the good work Blizz!

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re going to be ready for this year if you are still designing talent trees.

We’ve only had some UX design WIP mock-up for a couple of classes.

At the announcement, we received mainly UX design mock-ups too…

I’m sure they have everything designed already. They’re just leaking things slowly, piece by piece.

1 Like

Yeah, i have the same impression.

Delete PI please

27 Likes

I’m kind of surprised how much baseline priest got compared to DK.

1 Like

No flash concentration?

3 Likes

Wow one would think they actually listened to two years of feedback and act upon the joke that Power Infusions are.

Huge disappointment.
Next expansion maybe.

3 Likes

I’m really glad for the new previews.

But at a first glance:
a) Please for all that is Holy … and Shadow (and Disc too), get rid of Power Infusion. And by get rid, i mean make it SELF-cast only. It’s not interesting to have a mini-BL giveaway, not at all.
b)… gotta go through the rest, so please just focus on a) for now!

6 Likes

Easy fix:

• Replace PI with Silence on the class tree.
  • Mass Ress seems to be missing from the healer specs.

soo tired of constant begging for power infusion.

4 Likes

PI is a great ability, it is easy to understand and has a high skillcap which encourages communicating with other players.

Not having it because some are going on a third party site comparing combat logs in a bad way is a bit silly.

3 Likes

Please god remove Power Infusion.

I enjoy comparing my damage to other players, and playing as well as I can.

Power Infusion completely undermines that, because I will never play better than other players to the point that having the buff does not matter.

Maybe rework the buff so that the haste buff is completely random, provides 10% haste instead and has 1RPPM? That way people can still enjoy the haste increase it provides, but it does not completely diminish the efforts of players to play well.

Power Infusion was just a large factor that ruined Shadowlands for me, and I don’t want that to happen in Dragonflight too.

4 Likes

Talent trees are what I most look forward to for Dragonflight.

People are way, way too caught up in their stupid logs lmao.

Did the boss die? Did the boss die at your hand before other players? Did the boss die fast? Is there social harmony in your group?

If yes - there’s your success. Simple as that. I’m just beyond tired of people getting angry about logs.

Please no. Please allow a little agency.

One question I have though: These builds can vary wildly in the number of buttons and functionality - not to mention some agilities, regardless of anything else, being useless in some parts of the game. If I make a PvE spec I don’t even want to bother thinking about where the PvP talents are bound for example. So, is it possible to make keybinding presets?

2 Likes

First things first - Power infusion staying in the game (in its current non-self-cast-only form) will probably prevent me from playing my priest and the game in general.
Vampiric touch is getting so many new passives, yet there is still no way to apply it to many targets without simply casting it one by one on every target. That wouldn’t be an issue if Misery didn’t share the choice with Searing Nightmare.
Speaking of which, why on Earth is Mind Sear AND Searing Nightmare both talents? I am begging you - please adress Shadow’s AoE in the gameplay departament! And also make Shadowflame Prism target uncapped while you’re at it.
Your reasoning for removing Dark Thoughts is confusing, because Mind Flay is still proccing Void Bolt.
Idols of C’Thun and Yog’Sarron both just spawn pets that deal damage, what really is the choice there?
Twist of fate is so powerful once again, but you need to heal someone to proc it. Are we going to have to keep shielding ourselfes for more damage (but not mobility, since feathers are back) and also keep sniping Renews on low raid or party members?..

3 Likes

But that would just make priest feel like Fire Mages.

The idea of PI is that you’re buffing another player.

If you just give priests a 2 min CD it will just feel like any other class.

I didn’t know every class has a 25% self-buff on a 2 min cd… thanks for letting me know lvl 1 lock.

2 Likes

“let us know what fo you think”…

Im seriously confused man.
Everybody and their mom hates searing nightmare - its still there 0 changes
Everybody and their mother hates getting hit for half your hp by sw:death crits…you can talent so you will kill yourslf 20% slower
Everybody hates PI as external buff- no changes to that + doubling down on it with talentable lego twins
omfg surrender to madness is still here despite nobody using it for the past four years…w

Dispersion on talents… sear vt and spender dp dot on same row…i gues they will be baseline open but stil…silence on talents…like wtf is this.
Im propably missing something or idk.

So far i think you (devs) realy…and i mean REALY dont give a flying F about what players think and you do whatever you wannt or whatever is the most lazy and least work option possible.
Otherwise searing nightmare would be deleted from the game if you cared about some feedback.

edit: so far to me these talents just seems like you took shadowlands class…put all abilities to talent tree and let us design like half the original sl class trough it. /sigh

7 Likes

If the aspect of the game you enjoy is just killing bosses with your friends, that’s fine, you can enjoy that. I’ve played this game since Wrath, so killing bosses at this point is quite easy, the enjoyment I get is from trying to play as well as anyone else. It is not in the sense of “oh wow, look at me I got a 98 parse, I must be better than everyone else” like you may think. I feel like I’ve truly overcome a boss when I think I’ve played well, yet it’s impossible to know what “well” is when PI logs pollute the top parses. This also creates much longer lasting memories for me, I can still remember a lot of the optimisations I made on Queen Azshara, even though I haven’t fought the boss in over 2.5 years.

In any case, I was only leaving my comment in the hopes that they take player feedback and at least reconsider.

1 Like