Quest log cap

Ok im sure im not the only one who will agree with this but why do we have a quest log cap especially with it still being to 25? Surely the amount of quests available in DF is far too much to carry for any player and keep track off.

Surely there is better system to have for dailies, normal quests, weekly quests, even legacy quests… not asking to carry the weight of azeroths long lost quests, just enough to hold an expansion haha

16 Likes

I was actually considering making a thread about this as well. I really wish they’d increase the amount of quests you can hold at once. Dragonflight has many more side quests going on, and I’ve often found I had to pick and choose.

I understand there are probably database storage concerns they’re trying to mitigate, but those could be addressed by auto-abandoning non-campaign quests if a player has not logged in after a year or something.

EDIT: A few concerns were raised about this second idea in this thread. It isn’t a good one, I agree :slight_smile: Simply raising the cap would be ideal.

8 Likes

thats my problem at the minute and its kinda making my brain go into overload and its only been a week! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since I tend to get issues with this, I cleared a whole bunch of old quests in the weeks before DF. Yet still I got the “quest log full” notice at least three times in Azure Span.

It’s really annoying and I also vote for increasing it.

1 Like

Yes, it should be increased.

1 Like

its more plains and shores for me xD

Had to drop quests or force myself to do quest hubs a couple of times because the quest log is so small, 40 would be nice.

2 Likes

i agree but i do think there should be exceptions like old raid skip quests etc to carry them

Agree. I think an increase to 50 should be the bare minimum. 25 isnt enough for a game this size.

2 Likes

Plains and shores were okay for me, but as soon as you gain reputation levels with the factions, new quests in each area will pop up on map. Which you of course only spot while flying over the area on your way to a completely other quest hub with a pile of quests to hand in or complete in your log already… That’s where the issues began for me.

Is very confusing also. Like, in SL you only had one covenant to deal with at a time where new campaign quests would occur during progression. Now you have four. :slightly_smiling_face::gun:

I agree! I had to abandon some side quests to take campaign quests and now i dont remember where are they!

You put a lot of things as a future every expancion and 1 truly future that is a quality of life, you never fix it!

Noooo, no auto abandoning. Do you know how many years it took me to complete the legendary staff quest from Cata? I finished it this summer! Doing the raid occationally for another step on the questline, and the other parts also when I felt like it. Some questlines I just save for a very long time(I have 13 alts I keep carrying with me from expansion to expandion). It is usually questlines I want to complete, but when I feel like it and have time for it. Atm I know my hunter has dome fungeon quest from Warlords that rewards a pet e.g.

What I do is that I abandon the quests of less significance to ME, and then I keep questlines as described in the first paragraph. It’s usually just 1-2 questlines on a few characters. I do not want the game to decide what is relevant to me, even though I can be very slow. I am often all over the place with many things I want to get done, while working 100% irl and having 3 kids(one being a 4 month old baby atm), so yes, I very much play at my own pace and want to manage my own quest log. Campaign quests are usually of less relevance to me as they are usually easy to pick up again if you drop them. Other quests can easily be lost in the… sea of random quests.

I finish a lot of quests btw, but it is a priority thing. I try to keep up with the current content, and then old quests gets pushed to the back where I will do them bit by bit if I have a “free moment”. Usually current content eat up a lot of my time for a while after an expansion releases, and then you have the patches!

1 Like

Raid skips should be unlocked for everyone once the expansion is over honestly.

3 Likes

That would seem a better solution

Wowhead has a script you can use to help you resume the quest chain for Legion legendary stuff. Its easy enough to figure out how to pick up where you left off.

Plus I only suggested doing that for characters who have not logged in for a very long time.

Well, i have been gone for 1 1/2 years twice.

Also, what happened to my profile picture? What am I looking at?

1 Like

Nvm, seems that on my phone, I get your profile picture Danellos! On my PC it looks all normal, and I am seeing you with it instead. Odd.

Without the addons, I wouldn’t know where I forgot to take the tasks when I didn’t have the chance. It wouldn’t be so hard to increase the limit.

It is generally bugged. The Armory isn’t keeping up with rendering our character models.

My main troubles were old quests with really funny drop rates.
Specifically one Binding of the Windseeker didn’t drop for me.
Resetting the quest would be annoying in this case.

That said, I think I did some housekeeping, acknowledging I’ll never finish those.
It’s a bit of a similar mindset as with hoarding or being minimalistic.
With the problem being, you may want some of that, but unable to focus on it.
The solution is actually simple… replace drop chances with fragments. Like with Ulduar.

You’re probably right, though. I have a 50% complete garrison shipyard phase, and I can’t make myself continue it. Nor get rid of it, because the effort is already in.
I had a similar experience in September with a Legion archeology quest, spent several hours (including the elite digsite, horrible), got Covid, quest got deleted. Wasn’t sure I would do the WPvP step, though. Regardless, I processed it somehow.