Class Tuning Incoming -- 14 December

Well the healer relies on the dps to kill the mobs and the tank to grab aggro.
And the dps rely on the healer to keep them alive and the tank to soak the damage.
Isn’t that the logic of group content, that everyone relies on each other for different reasons?

Getting aggro has never been the sole purpose of a tank, there hasn’t even any challenge in getting and holding aggro for a long time. A tank’s job is to be tanky. If a tank needs to fully rely on a healer to stay alive then it makes the tank role feel pointless because the healer is doing their job for them. As a tank I don’t want my success at being tanky to be completely dependent on a healer.

Who said this?

Again; who says this?

???

I didn’t say that was a tank’s sole purpose. I said that a healer relies on the tank to grab aggro in a dungeon, because otherwise the mobs will target the healer – who will die.

What?! The role of a tank is to pull, grab aggro, tank the mobs, and use their defensive abilities to mitigate damage.
That’s been the bread & butter of tanking since the first Protection Warrior stepped foot in Molten Core 18 years ago. And that guy sure as hell didn’t have any self-healing. The tanks were 100% reliant on healers to keep them alive.

Well it’s not. You have defensive abilities. You’ve always had that. How good you are at pressing them at the most opportune moments is what makes you a more successful tank.

Just like brewmaster already is, so why the nerf ?

Listen here, I’ve read and posted in this thread since it came up, and you’re not the first Brewmaster Monk to point out that they’re suffering oh so terribly and being treated unfairly. We get it. The feedback is duly noted.

Uh, okay. I still need a healer for myself and for everyone else to stay alive as I don’t have the light between my buttcheeks to keep me alive… I protect them, they heal and punch things while I’m being hit in the face.

Is it though ? I dont see any revert of the changes

Yeah, true, hard-casting classes feel really risky in dungeons because there’s so much AoE damage that needs to be dodged. And as you say, often it’s not just 1 single AoE that needs to be dodged, but a sequence of AoEs that keep dropping on you, so you just don’t get a break to hard-cast. I’m going to play feral instead of balance with my druid because of this. :pouting_cat:

But maybe it’s just a matter of learning when trash/bosses execute those AoEs and playing around that effectively. We’ll start to see how hard-casting classes can perform in M+ in the coming days.

What?! Isn’t there a Blizzard representative right outside on your doorstep with a hand-written letter from Ion Hazzikostas informing you that they’re reverting the changes immdiately?! Inconceivable! They must have gotten the wrong address, surely! :roll_eyes:

1 Like
  • Brewmaster
    • Brewmaster’s Balance no longer reduces damage taken (was 10% damage reduction)

You have to be kidding me do you even play your own game? What a load of garbage :smiley:
I can’t express how much Monk tanks did NOT need this!

2 Likes

We’ve updated the OP with the following additional changes that will go live tomorrow.

Warrior

• Protection
    • Demoralizing Shout now reduces damage taken by 20% (was 25%).
    • Ignore Pain now ignores 50% of damage taken (was 55%).

Can’t have Warriors playing the game. They might even get taken to a progression raid. Gotta snuff that nonsense right out. I’m only half joking.

Thats for sure. Ill see.
I just think they went a bit overboard especialy with knockbacks.

It really seems like they have nerfed tanks based on what is happening in M0’s. After gearing via rares and rep purchases I have mostly exceeded the item level drops from M0 which has made the content much easier and there for allowed me to pull much more.

I am one of the tanks that pulls maybe 5-6 packs some times more but these pulls are always calculated based on what I think the group should be able to manage. I have been in some groups where in Uldaman I can do some crazy large pulls and the healer just looks after themselves and the DPS and nobody dies. These in my opinion are good players and likely the kind of players I will be playing with when it comes to doing high M+ keys.

The problem right now is that the good players are being mixed in with the bad so the same crazy pull on Uldaman with bad players is totally impossible for them and the tank survives and they will just die and blame the tank for pulling to much but really it’s just because the bad players aren’t at the same level and can’t avoid AOE’s etc or healers that don’t play well.

There is plenty work for a healer to do with keeping themselves and the dps alive while the tank can focus on pulling, keeping aggro, making sure the correct route is taken, kicking and not getting 1 shot. So nerfing tanks to try and make healers feel relevant is not necessary because they are already relevant for the reasons provided above.

With M+ that is coming this week the good and the bad players will again be divided and they can do their M0’s at snails pace while the good players will be doing higher keys and won’t be mixed in with the bad players. It just feels pretty bad as a tank that pushing keys is going to be harder now just blizzard wanted to make some of the bad healers feel better about themselves.

*Nor can we have people doing things quickly.

I entered a m0 with my friends and pulled like crazy. Ilvl was not even HC ready. Warrior tanks are getting nerfed for a reason.

And with the amount of adds a tank can handle it’s not about the heals… Because the group is getting one shots. I’m all in for the nerfs so ego tank tanks learn early that they need to calm down

XD

Yesterday i tried out my Blood DK for the first time in Dragonflight, signed up for an instance, my whole party died and i was freely able to solo the last boss + 2 packs, without even struggling a tiny bit.

Tanks are WAAAAAAAY too tanky right now.

Thanks. Rushing off to de-rust my old DK right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.