Class Tuning Incoming -- 14 December

and he had around 30 item level less than average overgears player atm. 345 vs 372. Blizzard must be joking

1 Like

I dont though. Pressing instants and running in circles as melee this will prolly fly right over your head…but try to play a caster into these trash mobs that have more mechanics than all vanilla raid bosses combined.
Especialy shadow which desing is to stand still and chanell mind sear for 4sec…if you cut it…too bad you wasted proc. Its unbeliveably frustrating to face these infinite knockbacks swirlies and mobs charging around.
So far it looks like ill be filtering what i can live and stand in and what i have to move out from again because of idiotic class design.

1 Like

Warrior Spear of bastion should have same Nerf as Abomination limb

pulls 1 unique player at a time.

UPVOTE THIS SO BLIZZ READS IT

Nerf my aoe a little please, so people stop saying, that I’m broken. Thanks.

Blizzard you still haven’t answered, why give tanks another nerf in pvp with this change if you say it’s based on pve balance? Tanks already take 50% increased damage in pvp and got a ton of nerfs the past 2 weeks. Are you trying to make tanks completely useless in pvp and chase a portion of your playerbase from the game? Why not make this change apply to pve only or reduce the extra damage taken in pvp to 40% to compensate?

1 Like

It’s almost like M0 is extremely easy content which tuning shouldn’t based on.

1 Like

I’m not understanding Blizzard logic. They want tanks and 3 dps to completely rely on a healer to stay alive. Doesn’t that make healers op and too important for the survival of the whole group?

1 Like

Well the healer relies on the dps to kill the mobs and the tank to grab aggro.
And the dps rely on the healer to keep them alive and the tank to soak the damage.
Isn’t that the logic of group content, that everyone relies on each other for different reasons?

Getting aggro has never been the sole purpose of a tank, there hasn’t even any challenge in getting and holding aggro for a long time. A tank’s job is to be tanky. If a tank needs to fully rely on a healer to stay alive then it makes the tank role feel pointless because the healer is doing their job for them. As a tank I don’t want my success at being tanky to be completely dependent on a healer.

Who said this?

Again; who says this?

???

I didn’t say that was a tank’s sole purpose. I said that a healer relies on the tank to grab aggro in a dungeon, because otherwise the mobs will target the healer – who will die.

What?! The role of a tank is to pull, grab aggro, tank the mobs, and use their defensive abilities to mitigate damage.
That’s been the bread & butter of tanking since the first Protection Warrior stepped foot in Molten Core 18 years ago. And that guy sure as hell didn’t have any self-healing. The tanks were 100% reliant on healers to keep them alive.

Well it’s not. You have defensive abilities. You’ve always had that. How good you are at pressing them at the most opportune moments is what makes you a more successful tank.

Just like brewmaster already is, so why the nerf ?

Listen here, I’ve read and posted in this thread since it came up, and you’re not the first Brewmaster Monk to point out that they’re suffering oh so terribly and being treated unfairly. We get it. The feedback is duly noted.

Uh, okay. I still need a healer for myself and for everyone else to stay alive as I don’t have the light between my buttcheeks to keep me alive… I protect them, they heal and punch things while I’m being hit in the face.

Is it though ? I dont see any revert of the changes

Yeah, true, hard-casting classes feel really risky in dungeons because there’s so much AoE damage that needs to be dodged. And as you say, often it’s not just 1 single AoE that needs to be dodged, but a sequence of AoEs that keep dropping on you, so you just don’t get a break to hard-cast. I’m going to play feral instead of balance with my druid because of this. :pouting_cat:

But maybe it’s just a matter of learning when trash/bosses execute those AoEs and playing around that effectively. We’ll start to see how hard-casting classes can perform in M+ in the coming days.

What?! Isn’t there a Blizzard representative right outside on your doorstep with a hand-written letter from Ion Hazzikostas informing you that they’re reverting the changes immdiately?! Inconceivable! They must have gotten the wrong address, surely! :roll_eyes:

1 Like
  • Brewmaster
    • Brewmaster’s Balance no longer reduces damage taken (was 10% damage reduction)

You have to be kidding me do you even play your own game? What a load of garbage :smiley:
I can’t express how much Monk tanks did NOT need this!

2 Likes

We’ve updated the OP with the following additional changes that will go live tomorrow.

Warrior

• Protection
    • Demoralizing Shout now reduces damage taken by 20% (was 25%).
    • Ignore Pain now ignores 50% of damage taken (was 55%).

Can’t have Warriors playing the game. They might even get taken to a progression raid. Gotta snuff that nonsense right out. I’m only half joking.