How to deal with Grievous

Hi,

As a Disc priest how do you deal with this scenario??

You enter Kings Rest 10 your group fails to interrupt a Shadow Bolt Volley and your team gets 4 stacks of Grievous almost instantly ??

I do feel that Grievous is a bit hard to deal with as some classes like with my Resto Shaman I dread to think what would happen if i Spirit Linked a group…

I need to record one of my keys I think because I swear that 1 shadow bolt volley knocked everyone to about 40% HP ( Was fortified ) and then 4 stacks of Grievous instantly appeared or it ticked upto 4 super fast (Or it felt it)

Which seems super harsh 1 missed interrupt basically equalled a wipe.

Give disc priest an interrupt so I can interrupt this stuff myself without relying on fail pug,s to do it… lol

2 Likes

The solution is to not play disc. Disc is terrible at dealing with grevious.

3 Likes

I am afraid bursting and grievous are not that nice to disc (and resto shaman), my dear healerfriend :frowning:

1 Like

phone Obi-Wan

20 Likes

Only thing you really can do is tripple stack the radiance trait, maybe with synergistic growth in the 3rd ring slot if possible, and rely on pre-shielding here and there with Rapture.

The worst part is having nothing to hit for atonement healing so you’re forced to spam shadowmend to pick people up in between pulls to get rid of Grievous. This is even worse if the group can’t manage bursting properly.

I take a vacation on grievious week :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah unfortunately just respec holy.

The thing with disc is that it’s not good at fixing people’s mistakes.
On that trash pack in KR should be able keep the group alive just long enough by using rapture and/or pw:radiance and going heavy dps. After that people have to realize that if they don’t sit down to eat (and bring mage food) they will die.

Bye the way; out of combat people have to eat (mage cakes or something) to help the healer.

That’s not how grievous works.
It stacks while below 90% health, but it (should - there was a bug) always starts at 1 stack - time does not decrease with more health lost.
But of course it is more likely to stack higher if a huge amount of HP is lost, as it takes longer to heal the player.

Please tell them to eat.
Healing them past grievous is so daunting and you loose the time for the healing and yourself eating, while you would need much less time healing and eating if they support you with some food.

1 Like

Can’t really make food on my disc priest and waiting to invite mages for that reason alone isn’t too great. Would be nice if people brought their own food, like healers have to bring water but by now i think the food itself isn’t scaling upwards too well.

I just tried an AD 7 as holy (The lowest key I could get due to not played Holy for about 3 years) and it felt super easy due to the fact that I could use Binding Heal to basically stall the Greivous and then use HW:Serenity to basically top people to max that spell is OP as anything… Works almost like a lay on hands if it crits.

So seems GRievous will be Holy weeks and the rest (maybe not bursting) I can play what I enjoy Disc :slight_smile:

I think it,s pretty rubbish of Blizz to have such affixes which basically make some healer classes either completely obsolete to deal with.

Maybe they should have an Affix where a healers Damage is returned as healing like Atonement but without the Atonement.

Or a fix where no HoT,s work only direct heals affect players, (Lets see how Resto Druids work with this one) lol

I know this wouldnt happen as its in no way plausible but it,s just how i feel when the leader boards are basically dominated by Resto Druids…Hey Blizz there is more healers in the game than just Resto Druids and Holy Pallys.

1 Like

To me it’s more of a core issue with how disc is designed around atonement healing with no good ways of picking up players outside of it. As soon as there’s nothing to hit, disc just falls behind on healing because it has to spam ineffecient spells for low output.

Bursting and Grievous just so happen to double down on this, making it miserable experience.

1 Like

Seasoned loins are decent at a very low price. And there is no necessity to heal past grievous only via food, but at least they should support via food to relieve a lot of pressure of the healer.
The healer has to combat the already missing health and additional ticks of grievous, this is hard on mana and on time if they don’t support.
I won’t run without mage or the group having food with them this week, it takes to much time and effort, if the group does not support. (To me missing out on a weekly cache would not be to bad and I am not aiming for the top ratings in M+ - I am fine with +10 and happy if I manage to time +12 with my guild).

1 Like

Im not aiming for top ratings in M+ but I hate feeling like I cannot do high keys purely because of the spec / class I am playing other than it,s just simply I am not good enough to heal them.

Last week I was healing 11,12’s as Disc which I was happy about but this week I felt like I could not heal an 11 or 12 in any way shape or form especially if the group is even slightly stupid.

1 Like

Imo grievous should get the necrotic-treatment and fall off when getting out of combat.
And yes it is already a bad design that some healerspecs are just ‘out’ of some weeks.

For me personal this is not affecting anything since I play holy pala, and I even marked this week as the big push week. (tyrannical so bosses are cake, everyone should sidestep sang so it is nothing only positioning, and I can shine with grievous).

1 Like

Ye holy pally is nice on grievous such strong Direct Heals much like Holy Priest, So you can clear Grivoues pretty fast from people. :wink:

Our team has a disc healer, we are just doing one key this week for weekly and then just faffing on alts. She hates this affix and we weren’t keen on them either XD.

1 Like

you tell your team they’re gonna have to sort out their interrupting if they want to stay alive.

I’m probably going to give it that treatment on my priest as well, healing Grievous as disc isn’t my take on fun. On my mage it depends on how the keys go, though i suspect the friend i usually have healing them (also a disc priest) won’t bother after getting the first one done for a weekly +13 or so, timed or not.

1 Like