Mythic+ Dungeon Tuning – 20 December

Season 1 is off to a roaring start, and we’ve been playing lots of dungeons and gotten lots of great feedback from players during this first week of Mythic+ in Dragonflight. While we want to be careful not to change too much as players are still figuring out the new dungeons, we’ve identified some areas where we’d like to act on feedback sooner than later.

The following Mythic+ dungeon tuning adjustments will go live with scheduled weekly maintenance this week:

Algeth’ar Academy

• Aggravated Skitterfly Darting Sting damage reduced by 25% and should now try to sting different targets.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Spectral Invoker’s Arcane Missiles to not scale properly with key levels.
  • Overgrown Ancient
    • Ancient Branch’s health reduced by 40%.

The Azure Vaults

• Conjured Lasher health reduced by 20%.
  • Arcane Tender’s Infused Ground damage reduced by 33%.
  • Azureblade
    • Overwhelming Energy damage reduced by 25%.
    • Overwhelming Energy cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
    • There is now a delay before Overwhelming Energy inflicts damage and expels Ancient Orb Fragments (was instantly inflicts damage).
    • Ancient Orb damage reduced by 25%.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the broadcast for Overwhelming Energy to not display.
    • Resolved an issue that caused the cast time of Overwhelming Energy to display incorrectly.

Court of Stars

• Legion Hound’s Felblaze Puddle now properly has a screen effect while standing within the fel puddle left on the ground.

Halls of Valor

• Ebonclaw Worg’s Leap for the Throat damage reduced by 20%.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Ebonclaw Worg’s Leap for the Throat to target the primary threat player.
  • Fenryr
    • Claw Frenzy’s cast time increased to 1 seconds (was instant) and now has a visual to indicate that the damage it inflicts is split by targets in the area effect.

The Nokhud Offensive

• Soulharvesters’ Death Bolt Volley cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
  • Soulharvesters’ Death Bolt Volley and Shatter Soul are now cast less frequently.
  • Ukhel Corruptor’s Death Bolt cast time increased to 2 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
  • Ukhel Corruptor’s Necrotic Eruption is now cast less frequently.
  • Ukhel Deathspeaker’s Chant of the Dead cast time increased to 8 seconds, and it is now cast less frequently.
  • Risen Mystic’s Swift Wind cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
  • Risen Warrior’s Mortal Strike duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 10 seconds), and it is now cast less frequently.
  • Desecrated Ohuna’s Rotting Wind range reduced to 25 yards (was 40 yards), and it is now cast less frequently.
  • The Raging Tempest
    • Electrical Storm damage reduced by 15%.
    • Energy Surge duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds).

Ruby Life Pools

• Scorchling no longer casts Burning Touch.
  • Thunderhead and Flamegullet are now visible from much further away, making their flight path easier to keep track of.
  • The cast time of Thunderhead’s Storm Breath and Flamegullet’s Flame Breath increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
  • Primalist Flamedancer’s Flame Dance channel duration increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
  • Blazebound Destroyer’s Living Bomb periodic damage reduced by 40%.
  • Tempest Channeler’s Lightning Storm periodic damage and duration have both been reduced by 20%.
  • Kokia Blazehoof
    • Health reduced by 15%.
    • Blazebound Firestorm health reduced by 20%.
  • Kyrakka and Erkheart Stormvein
    • Erkheart Stormvein health reduced by 10%.
    • Kyrakka health reduced by 10%.
    • While Kyrakka is grounded, Flamespit will now target a maximum of 3 players (was 5).

Temple of the Jade Serpent

• Depraved Mistweaver’s Defiling Mist damage reduced by 20%.
  • Depraved Mistweaver’s Touch of Ruin’s initial aura is now a curse effect.
  • Wise Mari
    • Improved the visibility on Corrupted Geyser’s warning effects.
    • Resolved an issue that could prevent Wise Mari’s facing to display properly during Wash Away.
  • Sha of Doubt
    • Touch of Nothingness damage reduced by 20%.
    • Bounds of Reality reduces damage taken by 99% instead of granting immunity to all damage.
7 Likes

Have you ever considered testing these dungeons with normal players during Beta, rather than just giving Beta keys to Streamers?

11 Likes

Good job fixing all the fortified stuff now the fortified week is over.

I see theres only minor tweaks to the stuff that will impact tyrannical. Are you planning to tune that properly after the week is over too? Oh wait, it will be Christmas.

All in all I think I’m pretty unimpressed with the dungeons so far, 8 tuning adjustments to one group of trash in Nokhud shows how miserable it is in there. 37 deathbolt volleys, run to get your shattered soul, avoid the eruption on the ground, dodge the bird frontals and then clench your butt for multiple stacks of mortal strike. All of this on a mound where its a crapshoot as to whether you’ll see the ground effects of whether they’ll stealth gank you. What were you even thinking?

I almost hate to say it but the 4 “old” dungeons are more fun by far than the new ones. The new ones are pretty on the rails, theres very little route choice etc and each pack has more abilities than the entirety of a vanilla raid.

8 Likes

I was in since the alpha, tested plenty in the beta and I’m not a streamer.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. I am glad they are on the ball with tuning at the moment. They are doing 1000 times better now than they did with the start of Shadowlands. Well done Blizz for keeping on top of that.

But what is the point of having these testing periods, if such big changes are going to be made once they go live?

1 Like

Doing these dungeons on the beta was easier than on live. Probably a mix of the criteria they invited players by, so you had people who are a lot better than the average player and thus they didn’t seem as difficult on the beta as it is now on live and then you also were scaled to 392 gear + tier gear was something everyone had access to.

Like, some keys were rough on the beta like ruby life pools but now on live it’s a disaster, lol.

1 Like

first they nerf healers by buffing the damage and increase the health pool. Then they nerf the tanks. Then they implement trash with more mechanics than bosses and now they nerf it. dude holy what a rollercoaster. why not chill your base in the first place? I really hope we go in the right direction becuase atm its not fun to run pugs and this is the majority of the playerbase. dont know how you feel about that but these dungeons are worse than grimrail with sanguin affix and necrotic together.

Now pls rework the visuals fro court of stars frontals and boss mechanics like from the last boss the small lines where you need to step out. Sometimes it is really hard to see whre these lines are.

1 Like

Dont you understand it already how blizzard tune dungeon? They overtune it the first week because they dont want most players do the key level for max vault, really its every start of the season like this. They know that from the start.

I’ve gotten to a +15 key just by pugging and I’ve had fun. Might give that +15 a shot tomorrow night.

But you played all these since alpha and 99% of people didn’t. I think it is better to under tune than overwhelm.

Then people would cry when they buff it.

1 Like

It’s ok. If something is undertuned and easy, players will say it’s boring. And some tuning is fine especially for higher keys. But like this it’s not good. Especially with other mmos doing a better job at keeping people happy.

thx u for ruby life pool nerf so need last boss was ugh

If I were a dev I also would overtune something rather then buffing dmg later on tbh.

Feels better if something get easier :smiley:

1. These changes are not big, considering how complex the game is. Overall, WoW is more balanced now than it was in many years.
  2. Game design and balance is an iterative process. It’s impossible to set all the dungeon mob damage numbers in stone while classes are still being changed.
  3. People who do M+ in beta tend to be more hardcore who are probably more capable of interrupting mobs and dodging bad stuff, so it’s hard for Blizz to tune mobs for the general player population based only on beta statistics.
  4. Blizz doesn’t want M+ to be easy free weekly mythic quality gear like in Shadowlands, so they made M+ mobs a bit more deadly than in the past.

This makes a lot of sense. And tbh, I really enjoyed the challenge Season 1 of Shadowlands brought and hit KSM the week before the Nerf.

But there is a challenging content, and then there’s Ruby Life Pools.

This was my point.

So Balanced that Prot warriors are “S” tier and all the rest are trashed back to “C” tier…
At least S3 and S4 SL there was more linearity… Yes BDK were S tier but the rest was A to B… not a major gap.

1 Like

They just released the new talent trees. We could have get a way worse balanced patch in my opinion… Also they don’t want to get in the way of the wfr now. So let’s just wait 1-2 weeks

Well. The thing is. The streamers are one who actually stream, analyze and start even making some pre-guides. So Blizz gets their views easily…while the casual John?
Provided he even actually does an m+, do you think he will “waste” time writting a full review and analysis how “casual feels in m+”?
At best he will go into a dungeon, get killed by something and eh…will do something else.

This topic started so well but then I see this and I facepalm so hard…