The Revival Catalyst is Coming Next Week

Greetings adventurers!

The Revival Catalyst will become available for players after scheduled maintenance the week of January 24. To access it, characters will travel to the northern side of Tyrhold in Thaldraszus and the console is located next to the NPC Antuka.

At a base level, the Revival Catalyst will allow players to turn Season 1 Dragonflight gear into corresponding tier gear for that slot. Eligible items can be earned through Mythic+ dungeons, PvP, the Vault of the Incarnates raid dungeon, Tier 2 (Epic) Storm Gear, Tier 2 Warmode gear, World Bosses, and direct options from The Great Vault. Tier set pieces which contribute to the tier set bonus will be granted for chests, gloves, legs, helms, and shoulders. Tier set appearance pieces which do not contribute to the tier set bonus will be granted for belts, boots, bracers, and cloaks.

Each week, an account-wide quest will be available which awards a charge to the Revival Catalyst. Progress towards this quest will require players to complete relevant Raid, Mythic+, PvP, and/or world content. This can be done on a single character or combined across multiple characters on the account. Completion will then award a separate charge for each character on the account which includes any characters that get created in the future! The total number of charges that can be stored for an individual character is currently capped at 6.

If a character vendored, disenchanted, or destroyed a Dragonflight Season 1 item that you want to use for this system, please visit the World of Warcraft Item Restoration page for assistance.

Some additional details:

Q: When creating tier set items with the Revival Catalyst, what is the item level of the tier piece after the process is complete? Is it the same item level as the base piece or are there item level ranges that snap to LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic item levels for tier?

A: The resulting item will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats (leech, speed, etc.), and sockets.

Q: Are tier set items created by the Revival Catalyst upgradeable or do you need to remake the tier with a higher item level base piece?

A: You’ll want to remake it with a higher item level base piece, unless the initial version had an upgrade path from PvP or Mythic+ and you earned currency to allow it to be upgraded in that way. For example, if you convert a non-set 9/13 helm from Mythic+ to a 9/13 tier piece, you will be able to use the Valor currency to upgrade it to a 13/13 tier piece.

Q: What secondary stats (Haste, Versatility, etc.) will be on the items made by the Revival Catalyst?

A: The tier pieces all have specific secondary stats regardless of what item is put into the system, only the tertiary stats (Leech, Speed, etc.), and sockets carry over.

Q: What gear is not eligible for use in the Revival Catalyst?

A: Items that are not eligible for the Revival Catalyst include items gained from crafting and from the Renown track.

5 Likes

Regarding M+ items and tier appeearances, what are the ilvl breakpoints to obtain each of the tier appeareances?

Would a 415ilvl helm catalyst into a mythic looking helm?

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem that way so far… I’ve not got a fully upgraded piece yet but the items I have, haven’t changed from this base appearance

2 Likes

Hey, remember all that feedback about using the vendor items from Zerith Mortis to make LFR-level tier gear?
And that ultimately you agreed that was a solid idea?

Maybe include the Renown items in Catalyst too? Most are still going to be at 376/LFR level, and even by time this launches many will still be short of the 389 requirements.

(Also, y’know, have released it about a month ago, after acknowledging Creation Catalyst came too late and then releasing this one at least as long after… )

1 Like

What happens if you miss one week? Can we expect being able to unlock two or more charges the following reset?

I don’t think anybody is really happy about this news. Pleased yeah, but it took very long nonetheless and people are very upset.

Better late than never I guess.

1 Like

Yep. You can store up to six charges. So if you skip one week then the following week you will have two. Capped at 6.

In concept… but I have my concerns over the implementation because it wasn’t available on the PTR. Seeing what quality work has been done with druids, mainly Guardian (talents rework disaster, bad numbers and full of bugs) I’m afraid they might have overlooked something and that players could run into different problems while transforming the items.

They’re pretty vague on the description of quest criteria as well. Are PVE players being forced into PVP and opposite, or are we able to fill the progress bar with just about any activity?

Call it nitpicking but it is small things like this affecting large number of players that usually devastates their customer support and makes you wait for a week before reaching a human person on the other end.

It’s the same concept as the Creation Catalyst in Shadowlands, so no need for rigorous PTR testing.

I imagine the quest will be no more demanding than a Weekly Event “Complete 5 M+ dungeons” or “Kill 20 Players”.

Why worry about something that isn’t going to happen, right? :roll_eyes:

Definitely some of this.

I’m glad the catalyst is (finally) arriving, but why didn’t we learn our lessons about when it should be available in order to actually function as an equaliser that allows everyone to get their sets regardless of luck?

Just incase you missed it, WoWhead have posted an article outline how to get the currency and what the quests involve

Any info on the level ranges, i.e. which item level versions will have which appearance (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic), and what happens with PvP gear? Shadowlands S3-4 did have a PvP variant of the tier set, but now there isn’t one.

This is the equivalent of the ZM vendor gear:

Good question, I suspect the answer is a yes and that’s the reason for the extreme weekly valor cap

1 Like

The ZM vendor gear was a single currency, without timegating. To get tier 2 Storm gear takes a reset (give or take), per piece.

If storm sigils didn’t exist, and you bought T2 with Overflow only, then maybe it’d count as equivalent.

Next week we can finally play the game

1 Like

Ok but the Catalyst itself is timegated anyway, you still needed 9 weeks to get that Zereht Mortis LFR set.