Changes to Primordial Stones

Several hotfixes were made to Primordial Stones today. The intent here is to bring other Primordial Stones up to the competitive level where the Humming Arcane Stone is currently performing. Although, a portion of this level of performance can be attributed to a bug, even when fixed the Humming Arcane Stone was still the top performer. With these changes we’re hoping to make other combinations more viable in comparison, but not necessarily overtake it over from being the best option. In addition, area of effect stones have gotten a considerable increase to their output. These changes are listed below. Thank you for your feedback!

• Cold Frost Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Deluging Water Stone effect increased by 22%.
  • Desirous Blood Stone effect increased by 18.5%. Decreased trigger rate.
  • Echoing Thunder Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Excluding Steam Stone effect increased by 25%.
  • Flame Licked Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Freezing Ice Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Gleaming Iron Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Humming Arcane Stone - Fixed an issue that caused it to trigger more than intended.
  • Indomitable Earth Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Pestilent Plague Stone effect increased by 72%.
  • Raging Magma Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Searing Smokey Stone effect increased by 34%.
  • Shining Obsidian Stone effect increased by 12%.
  • Storm Infused Stone effect increased by 34%.
  • Wild Spirit Stone effect increased by 50%.
2 Likes

This whole thing made me think.
You need to make an item that changes its effect every day.
So far this has been great fun.

5 Likes

Sorry but those effects do not INTERACT with any part of the kit of specs. They are just random procs that we only need to know “what sims highest” to get it, upgrade it, and just be done with it.

I do not know for who is this “balancing” since everyone can make the gems that they need and be done with it.

And after all that is said and done: the ring for aoe is still way behind for most specs, players “lose” stats and make their specs play “slower”.

I mean, just add the stats to the ring and let us just have our fun without making us having to refarm/invalidating choices we did not care to make.

2 Likes

Put 400 haste, 400 crit, and 400 mastery on the ring and I might think about wearing it. Until then I’m not making my character play worse for some random damage I can’t feel or do anything with.

8 Likes

You’re hotfixing primordial stones while retribution paladin is so broken that there’s no arena match without them? Is this a joke? Are you people serious? What is going on? If this is the way you intend to fix the game, can you please stop fixing it, you keep making it worse and not addressing the issues.
Do you guys have quality assurence? Do you test any of these changes? Or you rely on playerbase to report every bug? If that’s the case, what exactly are we paying for?

1 Like

Tbh I’m unsure what blizzard’s intention was with these gems. Are they supposed to be a massive buff on the scale of hellscream’s warsong to make high end content more accessible over the last 2 months of the raid tier?

Are they just an experiment to gauge player interest and reaction towards another borrowed power system?

2 Likes

I think they’re just supposed to be something fun to play around with.

I wouldn’t look at them for an upgrade if you’re maxed geared, unless they sim as an upgrade.

But for my Evoker that I’m gearing up at the moment, it’s doing nearly 15% of my damage! I’m having a great time.

1 Like

The whole process is braindead.

I understand the simpletons are fooled and still carry water with “optional” but when i see:

• ppl equipping 2 diff. rings for st and aoe
  • rumors of 30% dmg increase combos
  • statements from game developers about it being required well into the future (ie not just two months-another simpleton conclusion)…

i can see where things are going.

Will consider resubbing if the stones are put in loot tables of content for which they have become de-facto mandatory now (m+, raid).

Are you saying that because more than one thing is broken they should only fix the thing you deem most important?

These forums…

That said, great quality control Blizz. A signature feature of the patch and you’ve botched it so bad that you have to hotfix it more than once a day. Thats almost as laughable as the post I quoted.

Why do you put the this ring/gems in the patch?

It is not needed, and it is a mess.

1 Like

You call other simpletons, but you’re the one who feels like they’re required to use this.

Whatever, enjoy whatever you do whilst you’re unsubbed :).

nvm not rly worth it

Such a pleasant conversationalist.

And you wonder why nobody values your opinion when you speak to others like this.

And you couldn’t figure this out before rolling it out as Live release? Instead we put time into picking stones and likely dumping the others in some way and then you surprise (well, sadly not really) with making significant changes to the whole thing.

1 Like

It’s a small fun item to finish off the season. It’s not exactly game changing in anyway.

It’ll be gone in a few weeks.

They did test it for 2 months.

However sometimes you get a better view of who these items work on when they on live servers because they’re in a wider variety of players hands so they can monitor how people are actually using them.

It’s good that they acted quickly and got the update through before the weekend.

P.S I changed some of your quoted text so I don’t get put on vacation/

Will still refuse to interact with this abomination of an item. You can buff their effects by 100% and i won’t use it.

1 Like

I’d rather have flat stats on the ring then a bunch of random procs that do not interact with my class and spec at all tbh.
Maybe add some stones in that only give stats?

Please put some secondary stats on them.
It is primary and secondary stats that make a spec sing or croak
Just like with the ring of filial duty, the effects are best to be the bonus

I don’t get it. Does this ring thingy have stats beside stamina? What’s the use of these effects when the ring lacks stats?

I don’t get why people are crying about secondary stats. (I mean I do, it’s probably some streamer)

1 rings worth of Haste and Mastery isn’t going to add 15% damage to my ilvl 397 evoker.

If your class works better at 417 with a stats ring, then use a stats ring instead.