441 Catch up gear

Great with new 441 catch up gear. Only one problem. Why do I have to have m+ rating for it? I don’t run mythic +, because it’s not fun. I do however raid. I have the current ahead of the curve, why isn’t that enough? It’s not hard to get 1000 rating in m+, but it’s not fun at all. I play this game because I think it’s fun, m+ is not. Why won’t blizzard make it so that you can buy this gear when having maybe cleared Fyrrak on normal/hc?

3 Likes

There’s new catch up gear?

Nor do I.
Is this the only way to get this new gear (that I’ve not heard about yet)?

I have most slots filled with Veteran (441 - 463) gear. Only Wrist, gloves and both trinkets at Adventurer level.
Most of these are at 463 now, rings, neck and cloak are yet to be fully upgraded so my item level is 450.
I do the World Boss, Superbloom, Plant 5 seeds and Earn Rep quests in Emerald Dream every week. This week I got some shoulder (so an actual upgrade, yay, I went four weeks in a row with no upgrades).

We really should have a vendor to fill in those missing slots.
Could also use better Crest and Stone acquisition in Open World. I see M+ players complaining about the Cap, I’ll never reach the cap in a month of sundays.

2 Likes

Yes. The pandaren npc that talks about mythic keystone dungeons and can give you a mythic keystone if you don’t have one, sells caches that awards you with ilvl 441 gear.

2 Likes

Well, I guess it’s good that these players (who can spam dungeons morning, noon and night for gear as well as get option in Great Vault) have a catch up system.
Maybe they get some help with their cap problems too since they are always bumping their heads on it.
They really need to help.

/sarcasm (Poe’s Law gets me in troble sometimes).

This is upgradeable 1/8 441 that can turn to tier or just catalyst.
Catchup gear was introduced to 10.2 at day 1 and its enchanted whelpling crafted 447 ones for people that didnt play previous patch. You can have a full set (no trinkets, and 1 ring) using only 30 whelpling each one.
If you play emerald dream and do campaign you get way more than enough whelplings anyway.

Well I mean typically those who enjoy pve like raiding or m+ enjoy all parts of it and 1000 rating is like raid finder to normal raid lvl of difficulty, not to mention it might be orientated towards m+ players seeing as it’s sold from the key giver

A better way of thinking about it is as alt gear, not catch-up gear. As Questmount said, patch 10.2 already provided catch up gear. This new gear is rather aimed at people with excess flightstones (and stated minimal M+ score).

1 Like

Even alt gear because lets be honest, our mains are renown 20 emerald which means we get pumped rep. Just any fresh dinged alt faceroll campaign. Do superbloom, world boss, weekly emerald, weekly from valdrakken. You get a lot of whelplings. Also today u will get like 6 sparks just doing lfr which can craft even more gear.

I leveled up 2 alts for heritage armor and i said why not, i did the above, crafted all the whelpling gear i could, entered lfr, cleared it, got many sparks, extra flighstones and crafted rings/2 embellshments :stuck_out_tongue: (476s from the free wyrm).
Its better when you have full whelpling haste/mastery (as prot pala) rather than having random secondaries from flighstone boxes same ilvl.

Well you like this, so why dont you like that.
They obviously don’t gatekeep this gear because it’s hard, since 1000 rating is not hard to achieve. They just want everyone to run in the m+ mousewheel, because they hate raiders.

1 Like

I simply was trying to eloborate on how the thought process behind this decision might have been. Personally I only raid for appearances.

Well it’s possible, but like I said it’s also possible their target for this gear were people who already m+ and want to try something different, this allows for easier acces to alts, which was one of the selling points of this expansion.

This might also be an attempt at solving the horrendous healer/tank problem that we have in m+.

Interesting take, not sure why you would think that but I’m sure you have your reasons.

But for the sake of debating, I would disagree because most of the best gear drops from raids, including the legendary that is requierd for higher keys, which forces people to do it.

This does go both ways however which is why I made the following statement

Because those who raid or mythic plus are forced into the other respectively in order to play at the higher lvls, so if you enjoyed one without the other than you would fall under the minority who still do the one activity or you would stop doing the one cause you aren’t interested in the other.

That was my point, in case it was misinterpreted.

1 Like

What currency is required for the caches?

Flightstones. 350 per cache, I bought a load on my main for a low geared alt.

It’s the same NPC you can lower your keystone with, just outside the Valdrakken bank.

Oh that’s cool, my mains probably capped anyway! Just got to decide an ‘alt’

1 Like

HOWWWW!!! I’m starved for them! *open wow wallet * soooo… empty

I guess once you’re 489/486 geared so myth track and the odd hero maxed out, you can’t really spend them so you do start to accumulate. My dk hasn’t had an upgrade for 3 weeks as I need myth track chest, neck and belt… and the myth track augury

Damn yeah that sounds like you’d accumulate a fair amount :joy:

You can still use flightstones for transmogs from heroic drops or offspecs. I play 3 chars 2 are 486 need more flightstones because they are hybrids. One is 482 i am capped because its dh and i dont have gear to spend them.

I only do that when boosting some of the off pieces up to ‘mythic’ skins, but yeah that’s the only cost. I think they’re fairly easy to gain if you run keys actively?

Im usually lazy checking manually every item and i end up pump ilvl an item i already have the mythic skin lol =D probably spent like 2000 flightstones this way! =D

I only play BDK at the moment, got a couple of UH trinkets but that’s it for now :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like