New Sons of Hodir Rep Tabard Coming Soon

With the next update to Wrath Classic, we’re adding this new item:

Our plan is for it to function just like other Northrend tabards, giving reputation boosts when doing normal and heroic dungeons in Northrend.

6 Likes

First!

Nice little QoL change though.

I like the look of it, nice design for Hodir rep.
It’s usefulness is debateable, as you can get 42k rep for just about 60g (atleast on my server) :smiley:

4 Likes

Will this item (Or a non-rep tabard with this appearance) be added to retail as well?

I can imagine dwarf players would love a tabard like this.

1 Like

Just what we needed. Not that we want Phase 3 or something like this. We totally need a Tabard for something everyone already finished months ago.

2 Likes

…Due to all the HoL and HoS farming and boosting, Hodir rep is pointless.

At least the tabard looks pretty cool though?

1 Like

I like the tabard, but this just isn’t the kinda classic news I get out of bed for.

Sons of Hodir is the easiest rep to get to max, for the price of about 40 gold on most servers you can buy enough handins to hit exalted, which is about as much gold as you get for doing 2 dailies, or about 5minutes of gameplay.

What’s more, the main rewards from Sons of Hodir (the shoulder enchants) are account bound, you don’t need to farm them more than once.

1 Like

Honestly, this has been an absolute waste of resource creating this tabard. For the ones that want the Hodir Rep would have farmed it already at this point and not waited for a Tabard.

There is no server where the Relics are not affordable from Zero to Hero where noone can get it.

For collectors, awesome, really great Tabard, but for the games purpose, this is completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

In next update enchants will be no longer BoA

1 Like

But why though?

2 Likes

Nice, but its harder and more time consuming to find a normal heroic dungeon group for a fresh lvl 80 char, than going to the ah, buying relics for 50-60g and turning them in for max Sons of Hodir reputation. I dont think anyone will ever use this item. Are the developers so out of touch, they cannot realize this fact?

6 Likes

Yes. Yes they are… Think people still want that “Classic +” if its developed by them?

Next thing they add will be a heal for the warbear in the “Back to the Pit” daily or something even more irrelevant.

I would love to hear from the developers why they worked on this, what made them introduce a whole new item that makes absolutely no sense. I’m also a developer and this situation reminds me of a lot of similar ones on our projects, when certain people have nothing to do and they convince management that their idea is really worth attention, just to create the appearance of being busy and not to lose their job.

7 Likes

nice but somewhat unnecessary QoL feature. purchased most of the rep through relics of ulduar the week after release and paid less than 1000g. Today it’s less than 100.
The game currently needs more reasons to do dungeons. Although there’s hc+, we’re playing less dungeons than back in the day. Reason is simple: todays players don’t do dungeons without rewards. Hate to sayy it, but adding LFG in P4 may be better for classic wrath than it was for wrath back when wrath was retail

1 Like

Nice change, nice looking tabard. But you will save lots of time to spend like 100g (if that) on relics to get exalted.

Honestly considering how hard it is to get into regular Heroics ever since they Introduced HC+ grinding reputation on Alts that are unprepared for raiding is already next to impossible so yeah… Buying the relics off AH is more reasonable option.

translation:
"Bots are making way to much gold farming ulduar relics in halls of stone/thunder, so we are introducing this new tabard.
in the upcoming weeks, we’ll tune (nerf) the droprate of said relics in dungeons."
/tinfoilhat

2 Likes

Is there a reason to grind this faction on an alt? The shoulder enchants are account bound. This introduction is a waste of time/money that blizzard could have spent on something that actually matters.

4 Likes

When will the next update be?

This “upgrade” is actually quite brilliant if you see it for what it is. No half sane developer, not even the classic dev team, would consider adding this tabard given the current state of the game and community. What this really is is a troll towards the management of Blizzard which looks “close enough” to be real so the responsible person cannot get fired but still enrages the community harming Blizzard. Kind of a passive aggressive move your girlfriend would pull on you when she is mad at you :slight_smile:

2 Likes