School of Hard Knocks BUGGED

This is the last achievement I need for the Violet Proto Drake and…it’s bugged… So far I’ve tried Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch and both are bugged. The progress is not counting towards the acheivement. Seeing wowhead comments people have requested this achievement to be removed from the meta for years because of how ridiculous it is but now its even more so. The fact that you can only do it this week and the achievement itself is bugged just baffles me. Let’s hope they do something about it. Did anyone manage to complete it this year?

In Warsong Gulch i captured 7 flags with my orphan out and nothing counted towards the achievement. On Arathi Basin I assaulted and captured 2 enemy flags WITH my orphan out and it didnt count. I dont know what to do at this point…

13 Likes

I can confirm that the Arathi Basin one is bugged. I assaulted 2 flags belonging to the opposite faction WITH the orphan out and nothing.

The Eots one works though…

1 Like

That’s because the achievement is for returning a fallen flag.

my bad. That’s what I did. I protected our flag and re-captured it 7 times when ally was trying to get it. It also said Flag returned to base by me… Orphan out and all. I sent the screenshots to Support and ask for their help. and also noone mentioned Alterac Valley

AB, Is indeed bugged captured and recaptured multiple bases. None of which counted.

1 Like

I can only suggest reporting it as a bug, I think since the BGs were changed the parts of the achievement weren’t. I’m only missing this achievement for finishing the whole of What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been.

I gave up last year. I would like to hear if anyone has managed it in the last couple of years.

1 Like

same

i really dont want to give up after 1 whole year of grinding some of the most annoying achievements this game has to offer. Already reported it as a bug but im just worried they wont do anything because not enough people care…

Has anyone tried defending a flag? Maybe that works. Your flag being contested by the opposing faction and you defend it

Same, I returned the flag with my current oracle orphan out aka the one I was questing with, then I switched to the Orc orphan just in case but that did not work either. Clearly bugged prolly coz of the new BG updates? Haven’t managed to cap in Eye of the Storm yet and Haven’t found Arathi Basin yet. But Alterac Valley works. Opened a ticket hopefully they will give credit coz I’m not paying and playing to wait another year for my drake and Achievement.

I think there are a lot of people who are left with just this one achievement, all holding out hope that Blizz will drop it from the meta-achievement. I for one am the same, I completed the last achievements I was missing in 2017, all that’s left is School of Hard Knocks.

I’ve gotten into a pretty good guild now and was hoping to try getting it done this year, hopefully they fix this bug asap. Or better yet, drop it from a 4 part achievement to something simpler: winning a BG with your orphan perhaps? Dying to a player in WM with your orphan out? Something attainable.

Simplifying the requirements for SoHK would not diminish the overall experience of What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been (in my opinion), the amount of effort that already goes into that achievement without completing SoHK is staggering.

(Side note: I would love to see the stats for how many accounts have everything completed save for that one achieve. Would be an interesting bit of trivia)

2 Likes

Yes, It doesn’t work. Both Warsong and Arathi are bugged at the moment.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.
Made a ticket myself, can confirm EOTS is fine. I will try AB again and WSG and I’ll come back with any findings.

Eye of the Storms and Alterac Valley are working fine, Might has something to do with the makeover on both Warsong and Arathi. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m in a WSH right now and somebody is saying that you have to capture a grey flag (one that is in the process of being captured by the opposing faction) for it to work.
This was related to AB, but I doubt it

2 Likes

Same here :frowning: its not working and i gave up… I freaking HATE this achievement as much as i hate WoWs cancer filled pvp.

Probably because of the reworks of AB and WSG. Was working just fine in 2015 or 2016 when I did it.

Edit: checked and I completed that achievement on 5.5.2017

Also bugged for me, tried returning a flag in WSG and capping a base in AB and neither worked.

I had my little rant about this here.

1 Like

The same happened to me on wsg and ab. I did plenty of times, the bg chat confirmed it was me, my orphan was out. I am very disappointed, as I only had time to play today. Maybe I can play a little bit more tomorrow night. Do you think there is any chance to fix this bug tomorrow?