School of Hard Knocks BUGGED

All you will be told is to make a bug report. If you expect anything else then you will be disappointed.

That’s kind of sad if true for sub paying game. Some communication would be nice.

The first thing is the Devs never answer anything on the EU forums and the second is there is little interaction with the people who deal with these forums and anyone else really, in US Blizzard.

Every year we get people complaining about this. Granted, this year there was the added problem of the bug, which has been fixed now, but people would’ve complained about it without the bugs too.

This achievement isn’t that hard. I’m on one of the busiest servers and I suck at PvP yet I had no problems getting this years ago.

There’s nothing wrong with having some harder achievements among the simple stuff.

I agree. But its a one week event and the que times for AV have been stupidly long. The AV part is by far the hardest one so far. There are so many people after the achievement and the que times take well over an hour. It’s just a lot of time to waste. Last night i was on 80 minute que and i just gave up and went to sleep. This morning I’m currently on a 43 minute que and still waiting… At least they could remove THIS part of the achievement since the other ones are easily achievable. Not so much when you have 40 people trying to get 4 flags and the que times are over an hour long.

Edit: You also run the risk to join already started games because people just quit if they cant get to the flags first and you wait 1 hour for nothing since theres no way you can get to a flag before anyone else on a started game (happened to me yasterday)

Sorry for the frustration here. The issues in Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch with this achievement were hotfixed during the night, so you should be able to get the achievement now in those battlegrounds by meeting the criteria.

Have you tag Alterac Valley ? It didn’t tag since 1 year on fr realms…
It’s not frustration, that achivement is bullshlt

Its against ToS but i just wanna say that i wish really bad things happen to everyone who works on blizzard and i want to insult them so much specificaly for their incompetence and stupid design philosophies. Screw this achievement. Wasted so much time on every other achievement and now this stupid achievement is not gonna let me get the Drake

2 Likes

Its been fixed last night l2read

The issue I had was with the Kul’Tiran orphan in EotS. I captured a flag with him out and it still did not count. Have these achievements been fixed to work with a new orphan or does it require an old one?

Four years ago, I was looking forward to complete the “Strange Trip” achievement with the Children’s Week. Then I realized, I had to do the “School of Hard Knocks” achievement.
I really was devastated when I found out, it requires some PvP skill.

I tried it for two years. I am really bad at PvP, because I am simply to slow.

I even tired to make my keypad layout more efficient, with CDs on the left, heal/shield on the right, CC on top, utility on the bottom and rotation in the middle, all easy to reach with my left hand and memorized.

This is how slow I am:
The day before Yesterday I was playing the quest in Vol’dun, where you have to stick a flag into a Sethrak body. Everytime I killed one, someone came along to stick his flag into it before I had the chance. In this case I was able to change my strategy into being ready, before I stroke the killing blow.

In an unexpected situation like PvP, I can not prepare. Even if I exactly know how to react to it, it still takes time to realize the situation when e.g. the Flag drops in WSG.

This “School of Hard Knocks” achievement is supposed to be a part of a collectors meta, not a PvP meta. Many people may be able to achieve it. I am not.
All that is left to me is one week in every year that reminds me of my failure, and to complain in the forums for having absolutely nothing changed.

BtW: I was born with a disability, a part of my brain is missing - the cortus callosum, which is responsible for both brain halves to communicate to each other. Without it they communicate via detour, which takes longer to process and results in a more active brain, which is easily tiring. At least my IQ is 134 (year 2010), because of it ;).

5 Likes

It legit requires none. It just requires A DUMB amount of luck. For example in AV you cant go first to the flag room since the trash will focus you but you also need to be the first to capture the flag. HOW?! you just need your stars to align and its just pathetic. It takes like 2-3 hours to join a match and there are only 4 flags each match with 40 people running after them.

Couldnt agree more. Thats what I am fighting for but they just turn a blind eye to suggestions.

Im envious of how strong you are. Keep it up!

3 Likes

yeah, they have been fixed however I would advice to not attempt to do the achievement if you want to retain your sanity

1 Like

It’s only a game mate, calm down.

My time in queue for Alterac Valley now is 1 hr 27 min. Well, there are more people like me, that only want achievment. Win or loose battleground doesn’t matter. So, there are 4 towers and 40 people. Probability that I will succesfully assault the tower is about 10%. It’s not fun for me, it’s not fun for players that want win battleground. Maybe it’s good idea to remove this achievement from meta?

6 Likes

And once again as last year history is repeated:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618691879?page=1

Next year it will be the same… and so on.

1 Like

yeah, thus my question, what does one have to do to get something through blizzards devs thick skulls? If not suggestions from the in game tool, complaining on official and non official forums, complaining on their social media, what else?

2 Likes

It’s a bit discouraging. There is no way, that Blizzard can not see it. It look like “one click” solution, yet for years there is no response, no answer, nothing. I know that it’s not as big problem as - for example - Azerit system, but it’s just obviously awful designed achievement with so simple solution. Please Blizzard, don’t be silent about it.

2 Likes

I’m just joining my voice to the chorus of intense dislike against this achievement. The last I’m missing, and good god, if there was a way to get rid of it forever I would.
Going to screeee a little in the distance while waiting for Alterac queue.

2 Likes

This is defenitely a terrible achievement. heres what worked for me:
Play a Vengeance Demon Hunter. When the cave opens use leap two times then mount. Go for the second tower and just double jump through the stairs. Noone can reach you. If an add is on you use imprison or AOE fear beforehand