Season of Discovery PvP Rank Caps

To answer a question we’ve seen from players who are planning to focus on ranking up in Season of Discovery — we’re adding caps to the rank you can achieve during each phase. We want to enable everyone to push rank at a reasonable pace without worrying about rushing to earn highly lucrative PvP rewards.

To start in the first phase of Season of Discovery, at level 25, the cap will be rank 3. Our current plan is to then increase the cap with each new phase, so that rank will cap at 9 for the first few weeks of level 60. Thereafter, we’re planning to increase the rank cap every few weeks along with the release of level 60 content such as Blackwing Lair, finally reaching rank 14 with the opening of The Temple of Ahn’Qiraj.

We’re looking forward to seeing the PvP action in Season of Discovery!

31 Likes

So there will be basically no incentive to rank whatsoever? All gear will be fully replaced by PvE loot come AQ release.

Have you considered not making ranking totally free? Then you wouldn’t have to timegate it.

10 Likes

Honor will be obtain in wpvp, battlegrounds and new battlezones right?

A Pve character will coincide with pvp characters in battlegrounds, but… in battlezones? also?

3 Likes

lol, then there’s no point in rank. gz you’ve killed it before its release

8 Likes

Its season of discovery making pvp meta would be the biggest mistake they can make.
Or do people want the origional rank 14 grind back ? i dont think so…

4 Likes

based blizz, no more toxic rank andys

2 Likes

Thanks! Wonderful

2 Likes

Won’t the rank decay if you leave it for that long?

Jealous because they beat your cute little 81 parse?

1 Like

Ranks don’t decay since the last patch 1.14.4(?).

The best thing about the change is it pisses the elitists like you off :joy:
This reply is a balm to my soul. And I didn’t even mind sweaties doing TBC level of dps in GM gear in MC/BWL.

There is new gear and new content coming, but still some of us are interested same old pvp content.

There is ERA servers without any restrictions.

1 Like

Super happy with the rank caps, because it slows down the PvP progression.
It means I don’t feel pressured to have to contend against top 0.01% grinders who are R14 as fast as humanly possible after launch.
Instead, I know I’m up against people who are only marginally stronger in terms of PvP gear, so it actually balances PvP and makes it more about skill than grind, which is more fun.

1 Like

Hey BLIZZARD where is the topic explaining all the ranking changes? What is this that I’m hearing about a threshold, no more standings, etc?

edit: I found it, it’s a freaking classic change even before SoD.

Actually punished for not playing classic era lmfao.
I was assuming classic would be the classic I left behind when I stepped through the dark portal (with some minor cosmetic or convenience changes maybe).

heheheagrhthash

rahjtrhj aggr

Think you mean you are looking forward to seeing full 10 man premades camp a bunch of randos cya in P2!

1 Like

Please no weekly cap / decay. ~50hours/week for the last ranks is too much especialy with the honor per hour mentality players going only in AV PvE farm

For players like me who enjoy playing multiple characters, the weekly cap / decay is very handicapping

I think pretty much everyone agrees with this. That would suck!

yeah i quote myself :rofl:
hear this BLIZZ

WE ARE NOT KIDS