5% does nothing when you are 30% worse

cmon blizz, throw us a bone here…
boneless shadowlands meat pizza
one for me and my pet pl0x

6 Likes

BM sims like 3% lower than MM idk where you are pulling 30% from

What does MM have anything to do with this?

Firstly, it is doing 25-30% less than the top 4 dps specs on logs, so a flat 5% buff is doing nothing for it, same situation for SV, that’s why frost mages and sin rogues have gotten multiple buffs to compensate for the disparity.

Secondly, Simming purely single target, the difference between MM and BM is not all that different, but in cleave or aoe situations, it blows BM out of the park, there is no leg for BM to stand on when compared vs MM.

3 Likes

BM lacks any kind of burst, that is what makes it so weak, especcially for Mythic+ (even though it’s still among the bottom speccs also for raids). MM burst is lightyears ahead of BM burst. Surely having that strong burst should come with the drawback of slightly worse sustained but oh no, not in this case (and yes, the damage advantage for MM is with BM:s ability to fully move while dps:ing taken into account).

I think BM sustained is in an ok:ish state but the lack of burst is what makes it weaker then MM by quite a margin

1 Like

So you don’t just want to be mid-pack, you want to be along side the overpowered outliers?

I mean almost every spec in the game has weaker ‘burst’ than MM.

BM could defo use a bit more AoE, but single target it’s just fine. Throwing around these ‘it needs a 30% buff!!!’ sorta implications are just nonsensical.

Yeah I absolutely agree, Im somewhat ok with our single target sustain (though I do think it’s still behind MM even though it’s not by a huge amount). What we need is some kind of burst, especially in the aoe departement. It gets painfully obvious when doing Mythic+ with classes like MM Hunter, Fire Mage etc… The burst of BM just isn’t there…at all.

Have you considered that it might be a few specs that needs to be toned down and you shouldent compare to clearly op specs. Instead compare to middle of the pack.

2 Likes

<_<

_>

:man_facepalming:

Obviously not, I never said BM needs a 30% buff…
The whole point is, 5% is not doing anything.
You said, it sims 3% lower than MM, that adds nothing to the conversation.
MM might sim 3% more than BM ( doubt that, stats are probably scuffed when you simmed) but it does not compare in cleave or aoe, not in m+ or pvp even.

Top performing OP specs need to be nerfed slightly, but my point still stands, 5% buff to the lowest bottom of the logs specs is just no where near enough.

Don’t see how you could disagree with that, but everyone has their opinions :>

I think problems of specs like surv, BM or demo lies beyond flat damage numbers. The whole design of these specs itself doesn’t work with current game. PvE - last boss in the raid and those damn platforms, demo loses there its DPS, i bet BM does that as well.
5% buff in case of surv and BM is nothing more then a bone that was tossed to the starving animal.

But this is really the case for most specs in the game. Nothing can compete with Fire mages and MM hunters on AOE burst. Only maybe Unholy DKs.

Especially Fire mages should in my opinion get an AOE nerf. The 1 min combustion with no target cap is absolutely insane.

Well my point is that pretty much every class/specc has better burst then BM Hunters, I just mentioned Fire Mages and MM Hunters as they are the most obvious examples. Outside our Covenant skill Wild Spirits (2 min CD) our burst is close to non-existent. It’s barely noticable. I also play some alts, Warrior, Ret Paladin, Balance Druid and Frost Mage and they all have way better burst then BM. It’s like BM is not even close. As I said earlier BM sustained is ok:ish (barely) but BM burst in itself is very very weak.

That’s simply not true. A lot of specs got similar or worse burst than BM. And it’s completely normal to not have burst outside of CDs. At least you got something like Wild Spirits that offers burst. Other specs have nothing. And 2 min is a completely normal CD for a burst cooldown. You have just gotten used to BM being OP in BFA.

Also, BM still got a lot of advantageous over other specs. The main is of course that mobility. So it’s completely fine that the spec also have some downsides. Most specs in the game have downsides.

2 Likes

I mean i agree but you basically say : outside of our burst the burst is bad.

agreed, the design is not fitting into the current m+ meta or even mythic raiding, without burst or great aoe, it’ll always fall behind

BM gameplay is superb though!

Mobility and utility, literally just needs damage.

1 Like

Alot of classes have good burst outside their heaviest cooldown. So its not really a wierd comment.

BM is a absolute joke.
Why don’t they change to pet damage scale with mastery or any another stat?

Mastery literally is pet damage, and all stats effect pet damage.

1 Like

lol who cares about bm. u just having a pet doing all your work anyway and just so slow and bad… screw bm