50 wins above 2.4 to get gladiator in bfa is a joke

In the grand scheme of things it’s practically the same. And I think it’s easier to grasp that you need to reach a specific rating, as opposed to being in a small top percentage of players of an unknown quantity.

What percentage of PvP players got 2400+ in either 2v2 or 3v3?

Are you asking me?

Im asking whoever knows the answer :smiley: Arenamate seems kinda bugged because it shows the same amount of players no matter if you filter 1500+ or 2k+

Okay. I don’t know! :blush:

Technically no one knows (not even Blizzard), because the total percentage of eligible players is an unknown, and it changes every time some new character queues up for Arena the first time and becomes eligible and part of the ladder.

Both Blizzard and the community can do some guesstimates now and then, but they’re just that.

In the grand scheme of things that’s practically a lie.

I did the math for BfA S1 and it turned out that Gladiator was devalued by 282 rating at that time. (I.e. 0.5%, the old cutoff, was ~2682 rating).

Using the same math in BfA S4 currently (using the cutoffs from the Blizzard ladder page and the ladder from arenamate):

• Gladiator is at ~1.19%, a whole ~0.69% easier to attain than before BfA.*
  • Gladiator is devalued by ~159 rating (i.e. 0.5%, the old cutoff, is at ~2559 rating)
  • The current population is 285K in EU
  • “Old” Duelist (3%) is at rank ~8550 which in my guesstimate is somewhere between 2K-1.8K rating.

*It will rise until the end of season, but it would be even higher at the end of the season if there was an actual incentive to push rating around the 0.5% cutoff rating at the end of the season (which there isn’t today).

According to arenamate, r1 cutoff is currently 2963 for alliance and 2849 for horde, so averaging that out gives us 2906 for top 0.1%, which is currently rank 267 on the ladder, so old glad would be rank 1335 and up.

Unfortunately blizzard’s ladder only goes to 1000, so to find out what old glad would be, you’d need a player around that rank to see what they’re at. I would guesstimate rank 1335 to be around 2580ish.

The same thing could be done by looking at the rank of a player at 2400.

Obviously this is just some quick napkin math and relies on arenamate being correct, but yeah.

Also if this is right, that would’ve been the third time I BARELY missed glad

Ended bfa season 1 at 2667, 15 rating off. I ended season 4 (tbc) at 2174, my bg cutoff was 2188, 14 rating off. I ended season 6 (wotlk) at 2589, my bg cutoff was 2601, 12 rating off.

PepeHands

Ah, rest assured - if there would’ve actually been an incentive to push rating around 0.5% the rating required would’ve shot up considerably, so you wouldn’t have been close (or maybe you would’ve been - who knows, would’ve depended on your queues the last week of the season) :slight_smile:

Ofc u dont know u have 0 clue about Arena so go back to kindergarden

2 Likes

Didn’t queue at all for the last 3-4 weeks of the season, one of my partners wasn’t enjoying the game at all, that’s just what we ended at with our 50th win.

No need to feel like you missed out then, at least :+1:

Not really.

Whether it’s 2400 rating or the top 0,5% it amounts to roughly the same quantity of characters.
When you hold it up against the millions of characters in the game, it is insignificant whether there’s a few hundred Gladiators more or less in one Season or another. No one is noticing a difference.

Even when the Gladiator title was the top 0,5% you would have fluctuations in the number of Gladiators in the various Seasons, but that didn’t translate to any tangible difference in the game. It’s a rare title in the general character population, and it’s a hard-to-achieve accomplishment in the game, regardless of whether it’s a popular or unpopular Season.

And both measurements of Gladiator derive from the same denominator: Participation.
The more people that participate in a Season, the higher the rating inflation is from the bottom, and the easier it is for players to get high ratings. There are simply more points to go around.

And likewise, the more people that participate in a Season, the more spots does the top 0,5% of characters contain, making it easier for more players to qualify for Gladiator. For example; 0,5% of 1000 is 5, but 0,5% of 10.000 is 50.
The number of hardcore veterans who participate in a Season is unlikely to change. It’s the number of scrubs that determine how easy Gladiator is in the 0,5% requirement.

So it’s the same mechanic – participation – that makes Gladiator easier or harder, regardless of the requirement used.

But Rákar, you can’t even spell or write a structured post. Your reading comprehension is pathetic, and you seem unable to participate in any forum discussion alongside your peers. You never contribute anything to a topic that others seem to find valuable or insightful, and your main motivation for posting seems to be to bandwagon and suck up to certain posters – probably because you want to feel cool and part of “the community” – ignoring the fact that no one gives a damn about you and mostly just treat you as an annoying but tolerable disturbance.
It’s why I can trash you when I can be bothered, and no one is going to come and back you up. You’re expendable.

1 Like

I wont argue With u cause ur not on my lvl

That’s baby level who can’t understand English, yeah?

Back to the pve forum

1 Like

Try to write something that’s a bit mature and show how much of a grown-up you can be for once. Go on.

I will give u a new name cause u remind me alot of my lil Brother whos argueing with me but he knows nothing fib little fib

No. It’s actually a difference of more than 0.5% of the active community that plays Arena (currently). Which is a difference of people greater than the amount of people that even received the reward, prior to BfA.

Of course not, because the rewards were tied to the population size - unlike the current expansion.

No. The current measurements derive from a set number that Blizzard decided was good, for some unknown reason, and has nothing to do with the actual participation.

No. Just because there are more people participating, that doesn’t make it easier to reach 0.5%.

No. It isn’t. It’s a static number vs a number that changes with the participation (and thus inflation).

Like i said 0 clue about Arena