500 internal server error

while trying to set up a subscription

I have tried everything including clearing browsing data, new fresh browsers altogether and different cards all of which have previously worked with your service and have sufficient funds on them.

It stops at the last step after I confirm the transaction with two-factor token but it has failed two times already in the same manner on one of the earlier steps so I don’t think the problem is just on my end.

I understand this is a common problem which comes and goes at random but I haven’t been able to complete the transaction for two days. So, anyone else?

I’ve now been billed 1 EUR on one of the cards. This isn’t shown in bnet transaction history but only on my bank account.

Hello Ultimutt,

Thanks for giving the browser troubleshooting steps a try, as this will indeed be the most common cause.

That said, you can also run into this error as a simple result of the transaction being declined by your payment provider. You mentioned you tried a few different cards, but if you’re able to give it a try with PayPal as well that will usually help, or you can try contacting your card provider directly if that’s not an option.

You can also read more here:

If you get through all that and still run into the same error, please do contact us with a support ticket via the link on this page, but please make sure you’ve done all the steps from the above link first.

Thanks and I hope you can get back in action without too much trouble now!

What is the 1 EUR charge for and will it be refunded to me? It says direct purchase in the description and I have never seen anything like this before. I have also received nothing in return.

It will, yes. It’s just a temporary charge to verify that it’s a valid card.

Details here:

2 Likes

I have contacted my bank and they see many failed transactions. In consideration of how common this 500 error is it may just as well have begun with a problem on your end but eventually the bank had started to automatically deny every subsequent attempt to protect the client against a possible theft or scam.

I have tried other people’s cards as well and it returned the same error during payment finalization. One is an identical debit card from the same bank and another a credit card from a different issuer and neither of them worked.

During a call with bank CS I was told they would try to whitelist Blizzard-FR and that I should try again in a few hours. If everything is indeed working fine on your end I’m afraid that the company may have been blacklisted for some reason and not just for me. They say there has been a large number of failed transactions for other users which may have helped trigger this safeguard.

Payment went through eventually.