500 trading post points with a new transmor..25 euro feels you go over a boundary

you dont have to spent less time to do “achievements” to get what you want. I know its both transmorgh and doesnt make you stronger in game. but what i say feels like blizzard is crossing a boundary here.

2 Likes

i mean you dont have to spent time to do the achievements so more time for other things.
so with real money you have to do less to get the achievements done

If more people feels so and don’t buy it, would send a stronger signal.

it’s actually for people who want more than what they get from log. this was gonna happen and was kinda obvious tbh. we’re lucky they didn’t lower the amount we get and it become just extra

I always found that argument a bit strange, honestly.

“Pay to win” is attributed only to player power in combat content.
However, many people claim they don’t raid or care that much about high end content and lots of people say “transmog is the true endgame” or that they play purely casual and collect stuff. Yet putting casual content behind paywalls is fine because it doesn’t affect endgame combat.

The argument from a lot of people is basically: “monetization is perfectly fine as long as it doesn’t screw over the small percentage of serious raiders/pvp’rs I don’t even like that much”.

Where did the “cosmetics are fair game for heavy monetization” mindset come from? Are we just conditioned to it over years of almost every game doing it?

Most people are like “rawr, greedy blizz store is evil!”

Then the next week they are like “ooh, cute puppy!!! /enter credit card details”

1 Like

I was actually tempted too until I saw the very high price and was sweating, I need the cash for my groceries sadly enuff as another poster also said in the main thread.

In the smaller details it says it will come (in pieces?) into future Tender shops so I look forward to that, gotta cosplay as my favourite Kirin Tor mages!

Honestly I feel the prices are to high for most shop things so I mostly only buy on shop when there is a sale and I like it. The transmog sets so far where absolutely not my taste which is why I would not even buy them unless on sale but this time with the Kirin Tor Set they really got me as this is totally the depiction of how I visualized my Kirin Tor Mage in his 40s.
(As for those who do not know human mages when they turn 40 start look like 80 but as a tradeoff they can live till they are 160)

I thought about this. Nobody in their right mind would buy this just for the tender in the end. I think this is better than the previous 5 bucks microtransaction. If you are a video game whale, who likes wasting money on nothing, it’s a good deal, but if you’re a normal person, it would be a very very stupid way to spend your money, unless you really want that transmog as well.

I view this as a tax for impatient people, who need instant gratification, and can’t control their emotions. Basically the economic version of darwin’s law

I am a whale and I like wasting my money on nothing and this is a bad deal for me. I’ll just wait for it to be free. Same with the flowers, I really wanted them but I’m not paying for stuff that will later be free.

I only buy stuff that stays store exclusive. Blizzard have betrayed me and I’ll be taking my massive mountain of cash to FF14’s store.

Eh as Cylaris mentioned here

it is less of being impatiant but more of that you feel like for the sake of your nerves it would be be easier and cheaper to get the 25€ for buying the set now.
Because with how costly the class sets are 500 tenders are a lot and you don’t know when they are on the shop again excapt not till February. But you have no idea what other stuff then will be available and so if you are able to buy it with the ingame currency. So for those that want it for sure they will buy it now and for the rest that have no real desire for it they will buy it when they have the tenders over and it is in the shop.

So you rather want it that first everything is free and only for those who came to late they have to pay?
Also you know that thanks to the token everyone could buy it for ingame currency?
Additionally no one really knows with how expansive the class sets are now ingame and that the additional tenders where only a summer event thing it may happen that buying tenders for money will later create a situation like:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.