Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

Dragonflight Season 4 brings with it a variety of changes, including new adjustments to dungeons, their progression, and rewards.

View Full Article

11 Likes

poggers! free gear for alts. i like. only feedback remove all affixes and everything is perfect

5 Likes

so it’s a key range squish to bring it back to legion levels?

5 Likes

So where do Portals fit in?
a 10?
or the new 20 (which using those figures would be like a Season 3 30? )

This is all well and good but the timer needs to be removed on ALL keystone levels. The challenge of m+ should be in the dungeon itself, not an arbritary timer that literally does nothing. People will still speedrun higher keys for a leaderboard even while the rest of us dont have to mess around with a timer that means nothing.

Also its just going to cause more problems within the m+ community because new people into m+ will be used to having no timer, then go into 10s or higher without having experience and just conflict with people who do.

Its very much not a good idea to split having a timer. Just remove it completely from all levels.

11 Likes

When will the season go live?

1 Like
    • A +5 should be as hard as a +15 and +10 should be as hard as a +20 in the current Mythic+ system etc.
      probably 10
3 Likes

Only thing I would tweak is remove the M0 lockout, makes no sense for HC and M2 either side to not have a lockout, why stop people farming it?

2 Likes

Actually this is a very good idea.

1 Like

Call me slow, but I did not see the M+ dungeon pool. Is it all the Dragonflight dungeons for the last patch?

For the most part, this seems to be a M+ level squish. Not a bad idea, though I think it’ll take people a while to adjust to a +10 being as difficult as a +20 currently.

I don’t know if it’s necessarily good to make Heroic Dungeons much harder. Yes, they are trivial for geared players with experience, but not everyone will be geared and experienced, and I could see more people getting kicked from these dungeons.

Mythic 0 will still have a weekly lockout, so we still can’t really use these for quickly gearing up and might as well start with +2 and up (just like now).

If I read this correctly, non-title rewards will stop at +10 in the new system?

1 Like

I guess the major change is M+ level squish. The rest seems to remain the same.

5 Likes

As someone who absolutely despises timed content, this is one of the greatest changes they could make to the game. I’ve been wanting some more challenging dungeon content for years, but mythic+ is just a horrible, stressful experience (it doesn’t matter how lenient the timer is, it’s mere presence just messes me up).

6 Likes

this is a rellly good change good job

1 Like

I think this is a good change in terms of the difficulty curve, but I don’t think it addresses the main issue of why M0 becomes irrelevant early on. As long as M0 is on a weekly lockout, there’s little reason to not go into almost equally as difficult M+2 and farm infinitely instead.

I think if M0 is to be relevant it needs to be at the minimum only a daily lockout, if not just have the lockout removed entirely and be just as farmable as M+.

8 Likes

Not as relevant but am still curious, since Heroic would become the equivalent of M0 right now does that also mean the dungeon achievements (for Glory of the Dragonflight Hero) would be moved to Heroic+?

They currently require M0 but if M0 will be at the level of M8-M10 it to me doesn’t seem like the right place for those kind of achievements anymore. Is this intended or will it perhaps be changed?

1 Like

So here come the question, will blizzard willing to put time and effort into bringing new m+ dungeons instead keep going back to the same old one? also the thinking behind nerfing and tunning classes which seem to be a big challenge for blizzard workers, they seem to do data mining and some of the chances seems to be random changes.

Roadmap says revisit df raids and dungeons. So we can assume it will be the 8 (or 9) df dungeons.

2 Likes

Yikes. Alts are dead to me with this. S4 will be mistweaver and nothing else.
How to not get new players in to M+. Well done.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t it still be quite fine even with the difficulty scaled up, considering there will be no timer or affixes?