Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

What are people applauding here? We expected changes in mind-set regarding affixes, something bigger… they just squished number, lol

2 Likes

Slow :stuck_out_tongue:

They have stated in the past they are bringing back the originals. Even in that article it says, this will apply to all original 8 of the dungeons.

1 Like

Did we, though? This is the tail end of an outgoing expansion, with mostly recycled content, so I didn’t expect any sweeping changes. Bigger changes are more likely for S1 of TWW.

The thing is, timers and affixes are not the only thing that makes mythic+ difficult for some, just the sheer amount of extra health/damage plays a big role too.

For those who like going for achievements and have played m+ before it won’t be much of an issue, however I think it will for sure be on the difficult side for the more casual players who aren’t fully geared and just want to do the achievements whilst they’re current.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing to make them more challenging, but is it necessary to make them harder? What purpose does it serve here? I think making them Heroic+, like they were back in all expacs prior to Legion would be a fine choice here given that it will be the same difficulty as Mythic0 is right now.

1 Like

I felt that season 4 was perfect for experiments of removal of affixes or something, and you squish numbers in new expansion

2 Likes

I like it. I never liked the added pressure of timers and affixes, but Heroic and M0 were trivial.
I wonder though. The difficulty increases in Heroic and M0 to M+ levels, with no timers or affixes. What about enemy forces kill count? Will that get added to those difficulties, or can we just skip trash and boss-rush a dungeon?

3 Likes

Even i am doing quite some +2-9 keys on new chars. I for sure can not just jump in +10 instantly. They completely wreck the normal playerbase with the removal of +2-9. Hardcore or unsub.

1 Like

M0 has a higher loot drop chance than M+2; but yeah, it’s the way to quickly gear an alt before jumping into M+, don’t see why they need to limit our speed in getting to that point with lockouts.

They didn’t just “squish numbers”, because those changes fundamentally change the gear progression path, as many players will be willing to engage with endgame content for far longer without the pressures of M+ mechanics.
That might also mean higher player retention.

People who played M+ for a long time simply do not appreciate how big of a difficulty spike M0 to M+ is for new players with the added timer and kill count.

2 Likes

They seem to recycle existing issues rather than introducing meaningful innovations, remove affixes from every level = solution

M0 is literally the same as M+2 except with 1 affix and a timer. What we get in the new season is heroic will be M0, M0 will be M+10 instantly. Sounds like a difficulty spike to me.

I see your point but, but at the same time, M0 might as well not be considered current just a few months into the expansion. It gets outgeared so fast that it’s basically soloable by the first major patch of the expansion. So really only people who do it early could actually be considered as those who did it while it was current.

Making it scale will make it so that it stays at relatively the same level of difficulty at all times, so it stays actually “current” throughout the entire expansion.

2 Likes

Ok, so that’s a squish. Doesn’t really change anything besides the number on your keystone.

Where are real changes? Affix tuning/removal? Useless RP removal? Gear targeting for vault? Dungeon innovations? S4 is perfect for big experiments, what we got here is just tooltip change.

Some mongo guy just whisped me inside game cos he didnt agree with my post…

Wtf wrong with some people…

4 Likes

Yeah it’s quite stupid imo. M0 you have a lockout and none in M+2 :rofl::rofl: I can run the same dung over and over until I get the gear… even +4 since there is no timer anymore lol. Just remove mythic 0 and just leave M+ at this point.

the only bad thing people who played in the range of +2 to +10 cant farm loot anymore because we still have the m0 weekly lockout. time to remove that tbh! and doing the 4x mythic quest takes longer.

I feel like you have misunderstood this post then though? Heroic fills that void and should get you to the powerlevel to be ready for m0 (or well m10). Since there’s no affixes until m2 there’s no real skill barrier and just gear should prepare you well enough for m0 and even if you get past m0, m2 is only fortified/tyrannical which isn’t really a skill barrier either. Only at +5 (or current +15) you’d start getting the actual mechanic affixes.

It just means you’ll be going through heroic for a lot longer, which given that it can be queued is quite a bit easier to get into.

Only thing that could be concerning is the season overlap, ideally if you did m+ in 1 season you won’t have to go back to heroics in the next. But I suppose we’ll find out how that goes.

2 Likes

I think changes to Heroic and M0 are very welcome, but I’m not sure this really hits the spot.

To me, it looks more confusing than before, with the deletion of +2 to +9 difficulties and M0 starting at +10.

It seems like the ladder is now very short. There’s a danger that people will start a +2 key, and it will be the first time they come into contact with the notion of a timer, and the experience will be very jading. Whereas in the current system, people gradually get accustomed to it straight from their very first +2 dungeon.

Also Not having the 3rd affix until +10? This means that unless you are doing a (what is currently) a +20, you won’t even see the worst affixes.

I’m not sure a squished ladder is a good idea, but we will see. Most people live in the +15 to +20 area, so I guess that will now be the +5 to +10 area.

*Edit, my guild used to run alt runs with lowbie characters in the +2 to +9 area, and it was very relaxed runs that you could do off mic. I’m not sure all the characters we took on this could start straight at a +10, if there gear was out of date.

thats why you dont have a timer. thats how i read it. only +11 you have a timer.

nvm they talk about current 2-10 ^^ so at new m+ they will have a timer. m+ harder for casuals now.

Look at this
https://raider.io/mythic-plus/cutoffs/season-df-3/eu

Just over 50% has all dungeons on a +10. M+ will start at +11 in the next season as intro level. It is just kicking 50% of the playerbase that is playing M+ out.

I am not misunderstanding it at all. Dungeons below +10 are done by a lot of players and even almost 50% that +10 is the max. I have to do a lot of <10 myself too.