Twitch Drop: Get the Fathom Pet — Now Live!

Twitch Drop: Get the Fathom Pet — Now Live!

Earn the Fathom pet when you watch World of Warcraft streams on Twitch between March 22 and April 5, 2024!

View Full Article

3 Likes

How about “Earn the Fathom pet when you watch play World of Warcraft streams on Twitch between March 22 and April 5, 2024!” instead? You know, reward us for choosing to play your game than watch other people do so.

26 Likes

Amazon doesn’t pay them for people playing the game, they do if they view it on twitch.

It’s either this or adding it to the cash shop.

2 Likes

Twitch drops are the companies making us push the adverts by “increasing engagement” in social media…

2 Likes

Aww this is cute :dracthyr_uwu:

1 Like

Because it’s a marketing tool duh?

1 More people watch wow streams.
2 Twitch promotes more wow streams
3 More people see wow streams because of promotion
4 Oh what’s that. Cool let me re sub and play the new thing
???
Profft

All they need is 1 extra sub and they have made money out of it

Most ppl watch twitch???
Noone i know watch it.
I hate it’s all become so promotion like…ugh

5 Likes

If everyone would do it like me, it was just false engagement.
But I guess there are tons of people who still get hooked really watching crap on twitch.

I just open twitch on phone, minimize it for 4h and collect my reward.
What a great engagement they got from me and the advert companies got a lot of views from me as well lol

since it is just a pet, I don’t even bother. I never had a pet out in wow like ever anyways

I’m starting to feel like my dog did when I kept saying “paw” over and over again for a piece of chicken. He ended up deciding the chicken was boring after a while. Probably going to spend my time running other websites instead of playing Wow to get stuff inside the game. This is becoming a joke. What next? Buy certain things at the store to get a pet/mount. Enough!

3 Likes

Can we get the pet on SoD or WotLK?

1. Open browser on second screen
  2. Watch stream
  3. Play game
  4. Put stream on mute and focus on game

Second screen?
I only have 1!

i go ouyside with friends and let the streamer, stream. for a pet that probably will never ever see the battlefield :dagger:

Nope wont do it…
I refuse to support things like this.
Wow feels more like an ongoing commercial for other things
Please download heartstone and get a mount
Please play battle royal for retail rewards
Please watch/support twitch/youtube/insert social media here to earn rewards in wow

Just a huge no for me. I know I moss out on stuff but no more. I refuse to support this stupid trend

Sadly im prob alone in my protest so wont matter that much

7 Likes

minimized browser then xD same amount of interest/interaction

Currently got it on a browser tab muted.
I hope it counts as im playing WOTLK

as long as you mute the browser tab (right click the tab - mute)
and not the player, then you should be fine.

you can check that you’re getting progress towards the drop, by clicking on your profile icon → Drops & Rewards

1 Like

Ooopsie, i muted the actual stream.
Corrected now :slight_smile:

I refuse to make a twitch account, even. I don’t care for streaming and esports and “content creators”. It’s so fake and pointless to me.

3 Likes

You can totally keep the stream muted as well, as long as it’s playing, it’s fine.

1 Like