8.2: Dazed through shields

As Wowhead posted about, on 8.2 PTR you can be dazed through shields (any shields, not just the azerite trait).

Since I doubt many people read the PTR section of the forums, I am posting it here to be seen and, if you share my opinion, voice your displeasure about this extremely poor (and totally stupid) change. It’s not known whether it’s a bug or intended but, considering the wide-spread hate for the daze mechanic among the playerbase, we should make sure our opinion is heard.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=291827/absorbs-no-longer-prevent-being-dazed-on-8-2-rise-of-azshara-ptr

10 Likes

Why ? Daze is such a s*** thing and they are making it even s***ier now… just WHY ?

8 Likes

The right question. Not sure if they want to anger the players even more or what…

2 Likes

Making the game more annoying is a great idea. /sarcasm

5 Likes

I actually got the azerite shield just for the no daze effect… Why do they still think daze is a good mechanic ?

8 Likes

ill bet its to get ppl to use the new mount atachments

7 Likes

This change is probably just to make mount equipment feel more useful.

5 Likes

Well to be fair using resounding protection to nullify daze was really, cheesy. Not that I dissliked the 2ndary effect of the trait or enjoy daze as a mechanic. But this change really increase the worth of both the bardings and mount equipment.

1 Like

It’s still useful at L20-L110 and presumably after BfA when we lose azerite traits. There’s no need to make such an anti-QoL change. Not to mention this change will lead to almost everyone using no-daze over anything else (unless they play a tank) because waterwalking is very limited (many rivers can be jumped across) and gathering while mounted is useless without the anti-daze protection of azerite traits when there are mobs around the herb/rock.

1 Like

It won’t be a big problem as long as we can fly.

6 Likes

Another stupid idea…
Whole this mount equipment is a bull*hit and another gold sink so we would buy more tokens…
Dazing in bfa is already everywhere and they want to make it even more annoying

2 Likes

If it’s intended, it’s because of the mount equipment, most likely.
I highly doubt they would remove something to make the game more annoying, but rather remove something to shift that function onto another item/skill, which will likely be more easy to get.

In the end they would come up with something like “we actually made it easier”. Which would be right, if you think about it. Assuming this will all be true of course.

sigh, as if daze was not already one of the most annoying mechanics out there…

1 Like

I rather have them delay flying until the end of a expansion and remove daze completely.

2 Likes

Yeah I really love this idea of making everything as annoying as possible and then add “options” to nullify ONE of the annoyances.

Next thing they should do is make mount speed just 160% at max rank and add a mount equipment that will allow you to run at 200%, I mean don’t you guys love options?

2 Likes

Makes sense considering we get mount equipment that prevents dazing all together and if not there’s always the leatherworking item that costs 2g a piece on my server

2 Likes

I don’t know why everyone complains about Daze, there’s very few times I’ve been Dazed, mostly cause I run around the mobs, not into them.

1 Like

I don’t see any problem with this and I am not trolling.

Do I hate daze? Boy, yes. It is one of the most irritating mechanics in the game. However, as irritating as it is, it is one of the last remnants of the RPG elements this game now has.

In a dangerous epic fantasy world, you should not be able to simply run through 10 mobs without any danger. No, there should be a danger. I for one like when I need to sneak around and avoid mobs.

Many people got used to linear streamlined gameplay in which they want to finish their objectives as fast as possible, but along the way, those people forgot what it means to be immersed in a RPG world.

I welcome this change, as much as it going to be tedious. It will make me reconsider my paths while I am traveling the world.

Regards,
Imm

If the mobs followed some logical rules, maybe. It’s not just about daze but about mobs being somehow fast enough to not only keep up with a player going at 220% but, in some cases, to catch up - even without charge/shadowstep type of ability and despite me having some head start as they are aggroed from distance.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yes, getting dismounted and slowed by the first mob you aggro is very immersing.

The fact that mobs ignore literally every law of physics is very immersing too, how they can run up a 90 degree hill and even if they can’t, they will teleport towards you, or sometimes they get stuck and get you stuck in combat also, so you just wait for them to run at you, hit you once and evade, but you still have to wait for them to return to their initial location to get out of combat.

Yes, very immersing, adding daze is THE thing that makes immersion possible :joy: Not actually make this game work like any game in the year 2019 should, just make it as obnoxious as possible.

Tell you what, if I want the gameplay to feel like I got an oversized plug jammed up my rear at all times, I’ll play Classic.

8 Likes