Dragonflight Class Tuning Incoming - 5 June

We regularly make combat design adjustments based on gameplay data and feedback from players on class performance. With scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’ll make the following changes to classes that are over- and under-performing in various areas:

Classes

• Evoker
    • Preservation
      • All healing increased by 6%. Does not apply to PvP combat.
  • Druid
    • Restoration
      • Moonfire now costs 0.3% mana (was 1.2%).
  • Hunter
    • Survival
      • Survival Hunter 4-set Focus cost reduction increased to 20 (was 10).
      • Survival Hunter 4-set damage bonus increased to 80% (was 50%).
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Word of Glory healing increased by 15%. Does not affect PvP combat.
      • Light of Dawn healing increased by 20%.
  • Shaman
    • Brimming with Life now increases maximum health by 10% (was 8%).
    • Enhancement
      • Chain Lighting damage increased by 10%.
      • Flame Shock damage increased by 10%.
      • Frost Shock damage increased by 10%.
      • Fire Nova damage increased by 10%.
      • Crash Lightning damage increased by 10%.
      • Primordial Wave’s additional Lightning Bolts now deal 175% of normal damage (was 150%). Not applied to PvP combat.
  • Warlock
    • Fear now costs 4% of base mana (was 5%).
    • Demonic Gateway now costs 10% of base mana (was 20%).

Player versus Player

• Items
    • Seal of Diurna’s Chosen will deal 50% reduced damage in PvP combat.
  • Demon Hunter
    • Havoc
      • All damage reduced by 4% in PvP combat.
      • Demonic Wards now reduces magic damage taken by 5% in PvP combat (was 10%).
  • Druid
    • Balance
      • Developers’ notes: We recently removed the PvP nerf for Frenzied Regeneration primarily to help Feral Druids, but Balance Druids got a windfall and became a little too powerful with this change. We’re pulling back on this buff specifically for Balance Druid only, so that their survivability is more in line with everyone else.
      • Frenzied Regeneration heals for 5% health every sec (was 8%) for Balance Druid in PvP combat.
      • Balance of All Things will now give the correct amount of critical strike chance in PvP combat when 2 talent points are invested into it.
    • Restoration
      • Wrath damage increased by 50% in PvP combat.
      • Starfire damage increased by 50% in PvP combat.
      • Moonfire damage increased by 80% in PvP combat.
  • Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Sniper Shot’s (PvP Talent) range increase reduced to 30% (was 40%).
      • Sniper Shot’s (PvP Talent) damage is no longer affected by Mastery: Sniper Training.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Flash of Light healing increased by 12% in PvP combat.
      • Judgment damage increased by 30% in PvP combat.
      • Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 50% in PvP combat.
      • Holy Shock damage increased by 20% in PvP combat.
      • Glimmer of Light damage decreased by 25% in PvP combat (was 30%).
  • Priest
    • Mental Agility now reduces the mana cost of Mass Dispel, Purify, and Purify Disease by 25% in PvP combat (was 50%).
    • Holy
      • Holy Fire’s direct damage is now reduced by 20% in PvP combat.
      • The cooldown of Chastise is now reduced by 1 second per talent point from Voice of Harmony in PvP combat (was 2 seconds).
  • Rogue
    • Subtlety
      • Rupture damage is now increased by 15% in PvP combat.
      • Backstab damage is now increased by 45% in PvP combat (was 30%).
      • Gloomblade damage is now increased by 45% in PvP combat (was 30%).
3 Likes

At this point i think you are trolling.

Uhh… hello?! Vengence DH is out of control in m+. Are you gonna do anything about it?

11 Likes

Where is nerf for meta comp?

8 Likes

Speaks volumes about how dumb the gameplay feels with juggling of 5-6 dots on all targets between going into cat form and shifting back 10 times a minute in order to play your character to the fullest. If only there was a way to take away either caster or animal offensive spells and make the other half twice as strong because playing a Resto Druid it feels like what Affliction Warlock should have been.

3 Likes

im wondering why are they keep ret healing garbage in pvp all the time???
at this point word of glory and flash of ligh are useless in pvp.
every single ret in pvp is playing based on their shield and lay on hands.
i seriously want to talk to the paladin dev or the guy who is testing ret in pvp

1 Like

:rofl: :+1:

Maybe you mean SoD + Cataclysm + Pandaria Remix

Let’s be honest, but you buried retail, 2 seasons in row, you don’t even try to do anything.

17 Likes

Kaivax can you let me talk to paladin dev for ret?
i want to know why there is so much hate towards ret in pvp?
if you dont want to fix the healing problem atleats give us +1 shield of vengeance.
ok you cant do that? THEN BUFF THE Justicar’s Vengeance so we can heal more with that. CANT DO THAT TOO?
allright then reduce Forbearance duration to 20 seconds like what we had in legion.
DONT BAN AND REMOVE OUR OPINION HERE. ATLEAST TALK TO YOUR PLAYERS SO WE CAN SEE WHATS THE PROBLEM.

4 Likes

Tinkering with the mana cost of warlocks fear and gateway when classes such as Veng DH are broken strong…

Rearranging deckchairs on the titanic comes to mind.

Get better.

4 Likes

:partying_face:

The following is missing and follows up on June 12th:

Rdruid Nerfs Heal, DPS, Mana

VDH Nerfs,

Shadow Priest Nerfs,

HPAL all healing increased by 4%, dps buffs, mana buffs (especially damage abilities)

Affliction Warlock Buffs

and more

3 Likes

I wonder why was this on the things to do list, mana has never been problem for locks in retail. Its just strange cause it doesnt change anything for them gameplay wise so it seem like waste and the effort better used on something else.

1 Like

meanwhile shadow priest standing in nirvana igoring all mechanics and doing 20% more dmg than everyone else kek

3 Likes

Yeah, i’m some what puzzled by this one too :thinking:

1 Like

Lets adress the least problematic things.
Well done…

1 Like

I am glad to see that you finally are doing something about survival tier set. However, because of the changes to survival hunter throughout Dragonflight (nerfs to mongoose bite and buffs to bombs), I am afraid the set will still be weak and most likely still weaker than the S3 tier set for those who have it in 389 ilvl. For single target, I think this change is fine, but the tier set need something to make it viable in M+. Maybe make the proc to not consume a Butchery charge?

Personally I would love to just get S3 tier set instead of the S1 tier set. It is just a better design, gameplay wise and number wise.

1 Like

Warriors got deleted or what?

1 Like

yes, too much masculinity.

At first i was happy that Blizz still remembered Retail also exists, but the complete lack of warrior changes made me sad again.

1 Like

It is for me because I use Soulburn + Gate all the time during the arena, the same way you’d use Heroic Leap on a warrior. I don’t keep the gate at the same spot all game, I use it offensively to chase, or defensively to run immediately.
So I get OOM sometimes.

Ahm am I missing something? Is this a troll? Can someone explain?

2 Likes