Get the Band Together for Warbands

Get the Band Together for Warbands

Expand the potential of all your World of Warcraft® characters with account-wide progression across your Battle.net® account, regardless of faction—including shared Renown, a Warband bank, Achievements, Collections, and more!

View Full Article

6 Likes

Is there a way to still have the old character selection screen and opt out of that Warband thingie when I load the game?

8 Likes

knowing blizzard answer is

2 Likes

Wait is this going live early or just telling us it’s a new thing, again?

20 minute login queue. Oof.

1 Like

Character 1: It’s 106 miles to Dornogal, we’ve got a full 5-man party, half a bag of consumables, drank Inky Black Potions, and we’re wearing Onyx Glare-Reducers.

Character 2: Hit it!

3 Likes

Not sure if you can disable it completely, but if you take a character out of the Favorites section, it will appear under them showing the old selection screen.

This is the one for Earthen:

3 Likes

awesome, this answered my question, thanks

3 Likes

but this is from beta?

Yes!

1 Like

Once in a Warband, you will no longer need to swap between realms to see characters on those realms.

Can I not be in a warband? I don’t wish to be in a warband, and if I had wanted to have all of my characters on one list, I would have created all of them on the same realm to begin with. An option to keep the realms separated would be nice.

For those who may not be as interested in re-exploring every map on all your characters, we are adding The Warband Map to Everywhere All At Once toy

Why is an achievement like Explore Badlands account wide? If my character has trekked through all of Badlands, I want that acknowledged by the game. You may not think that is sufficiently “cool” to warrant an achievement for my character, but I do, and I would like to see the cool (and the mundane) things I have done on specific characters. Map exploration is not account wide, the achivements for exploration shouldn’t be either.

This allows you to complete quests for any character you want without impacting your Reputation or progress.

Questing will now be less rewarding is a very strange way to promote a new feature.

It feels like the moment pre-patch goes live, the things I do on alts cease to matter. They are no longer recorded, and to some extent not rewarded. This will not make playing alts feel “more enjoyable” for me.

Can we please have some options? The Warband Map to Everywhere All At Once toy is an option, can we have more things like that?
When you eventually expand account wide reputation to older expansion, for example, a similar toy for reputation would be great.

1 Like

Ambiguous.

Which is it?

Class-specific appearances are an exception and will still be collectible only by that specific class.

This system will expand to allow players on one character to add class-specific items they can’t equip to their Transmog collection. It will allow a player on a mage character to collect a warrior item and add it to the Transmog collection for use on a warrior character instead.

???
or do you mean:
Class-specific appearances are an exception and will still only be able to be transmogrified by that specific class.
???

They mean items that specifically say: Death Knight

You loot it, mail it to your DK and DK unlocks appearance.

If a Mage loots a non-class version of that item they can learn it.

1 Like

No you can’t. Warband is another word for account wide. The top 4 are your “favourites” for easy access in your menu, you don’t have to use this feature but they will all be on the same list.

2 Likes

I don’t want this, I want my characters to have seperate stuff, don’t ruin my gameplay.

3 Likes

its a shame that its not across servers “Assuming so”, I would like to change servers but feel I can’t as I feel alts will hold an important role in the new expansion

if you take all 4 of your characters out of the Favourites tab, you can then minimise it to take up less space.

There should be a way to remove the favourites tab altogether. Infact, the single view should be the default view, imo.

The new Warfronts screen is awful and confusing.

I could probably have worded my post better. What I meant is: can this please be a feature in the future? I’m sure it is too late for war within, but can we at some point in the future be given the option to opt out of this? Both the account wide everything, and having all characters on one list.

1 Like

Oh, that’s fair enough :slight_smile:
I’m all for options for everyone!

2 Likes

Will portals be account-wide like flight points?

One thing that always annoys me greatly is the need to unlock every portal on every character - and constantly getting blocked by portals not working if you don’t bother with all of them.
This goes for portals to major expansion cities, but also to all the Cataclysm zones etc.

-Oh, and same goes for the Dalaran Hearthstone toy! Would be truly awesome if that was account-wide by default.

2 Likes