The Dracthyr Spread their Wings to New Classes

The Dracthyr Spread their Wings to New Classes

The exposure to new races and their abilities in the Dragon Isles has expanded opportunities for growth among the dracthyr. In the 20th Anniversary Celebration content update, players will be able to create new Dracthyr as a Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage, Warrior, or Warlock. In addition, Shaman will get a new Ascendance form for each specialization with the release of the update!

View Full Article

7 Likes

Change this :

• Visage form = full transmog showing
  • Dracthyr form = zero transmog showing
    then I’ll consider playing a dracthyr.

I don’t want these shoulder and belt either ruin the dracthyr form and the intricate armor I designed when making the character, or ruin the visage transmog by being hidden so that they don’t show in dracthyr form.

14 Likes

Can I pick any race as a visage?, I don’t want to be an ugly male belf or female human.

Also, why can’t dractyr be shaman, druid or paladin?

5 Likes

So if tailsweep doesn’t change into dracthyr form it’ll basically look like the enemies get farted away then. Classy.

1 Like

updates shaman visuals
proceeds to not give dracythr shamans

4 Likes

YIPEE!!! Warrior here I come.

That shaman form looks terrifying.

1 Like

Why arent there Dracthyr Paladins, give us the Draconic knights !

3 Likes

Insert sad Druid noises here

Are there plans to increase the classes that can be Dracthyr or will this be it?

5 Likes

Would love this in reverse: other races being able to become Evokers!

1 Like

“Dracthyr Evokers will continue to use Dracthyr form during combat”

Ho come on

Don’t tell me you can’t just stay in visage form and transform into drakyr for the “breath” spell cast, then return in visage right after 

3 Likes

What a nonsense. As a main Evoker I want to have the possibility to use the visage form during combat if the other class combinations can choose. C’mon Blizz.

4 Likes

I’m so sad we won’t getDrakhtyr Shamans
 :frowning:
It would have been great to have a regular humanoĂŻd (in-shape) form for once.

3 Likes

Man
 Tyr was right there next to Valdrakken
 but no dracthyr paladins.

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

Honestly, paladin races are so boring, we really need a couple of good ones. I thought this was the moment but denied.

4 Likes

No Druid? They help the Emerald Dream! Why not Druid!?

2 Likes

this is the most important change we need!

4 Likes

If blizzard takes off the scales on the head on the visage form I will play dracyr. Basically its a way to play a Blood Elf as alliance since i would not have ti ever change to Drathyr except for flying and maybe not even then.

But I dont wanna go around with my forehead full of scales. I dont get that. Please blizzard remove any visible scales and I will play alliance blood elf.

Hurrah! I get my drakthyr hunter at last.
Hopefully they come with dragonkin taming ability already.

Dracthyr Evokers will continue to use Dracthyr form during combat, as many of their abilities emphasize their draconic nature.

I do not understand this, Evokers have been asking for some more customization for ages - and this just feels like a slap to the face. Especially when you consider that transmogging is such a major part of the game to many players (myself included), Evoker is such a cool designed class - but the ability to not customize your character other than shoulders and a couple of skin colours for your dragon is simply disappointing. I expected more

3 Likes

evoker is so ugly it hurts to play

transmogs should be a thing for evokers

1 Like

The whole deal with evokers and insisting on not allowing permanent visage reminds me of void elves and the kind of things they said to deny options that they ended up adding because it turns out that allowing players to look good is never a bad choice. It’s probably the most requested thing about evokers over the past two years and it will keep being requested.

To be clear, permanent visage does not negate the ‘draconic nature’, it just means that some abilities transform you into the dracthyr form and back to visage when they end, just as demon hunters go in and out of meta. Basically breaths, hover and soar.

This was the perfect time to do it. They can be stubborn all they want, but is just a matter of time.

2 Likes