Visual effect in fishing

You know what I always wanted?
A visual effect (more noticeable) when it’s time to click the bobber and gather the fish.
I often used to fish with the sound in low level while semi-watching a movie
and I just caught my self doing the same.

I agree.

I have to have sound on when I fish, or I can’t figure out when it’s time to pull it in. Annoying when I’m trying to have a conversation IRL while fishing ingame!

WTB better visual!

1 Like

Using the bigger bobber should help a little.

2 Likes

yeah, but just a little.I still would like a more noticeable effect.

Oversized Bobber works a treat for this, much more noticeable when the bobber bobs to let you know when to click even if you don’t have sound on or have it super low.

3 Likes

Imo we need some cool fishing mini game.

And fish really needs to come in sizes and get affected by how level your fishing skill is !

2 Likes

Yes… I would also love I should pull and reel, and having the possiblity of losing the fish because I wasn’t good enough :blush:

3 Likes

Interesting enough that is something that was tried in Warlords of Draenor for Fishing, there were small, regular and Enormous variants of the fish and depended on skill level which version you got, with the Enormous ones only being available near max skill.
That system didn’t carry over to Legion though, Fishing went back to using just one size of fish, and not having to gut stacks of them into pieces for cooking etc too.

2 Likes

pulling and reeling is what they have while fishing in Rift, i can assure you it doesn’t make the fishing more fun. It’s more of another timesink so plz no, don’t.
No matter what, either with the reeling or without, it always makes me fall asleep, with sound on.

Ah well, I guess I am coloured by fishing games where I have to do these kind of things :blush:

It used to work like that, chances you’d lose the fish.

1 Like

Well yeah… It didn’t quite work out. At least not for me. I still have those fish pieces on my bank char, I’ll get around to it one day…

1 Like

Plz no not that WoD fishing nightmare again stuffing every single free slot i had my my personal guildbank :fearful:

1 Like

They should create a fishing site called Fish. io that records all the fish you caught, and if your fishlevel is too low, you don’t get the fish.

The future is now!

1 Like

All those ideas are ok, but I’d rather have something simple, like a small fish jumping once over the bobber, when the bobber moves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would like them to stack more than 20 though :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I’d like for fishing is either a keybind to get the fish instead of clicking on the thing, or better yet, make fishing a channel or something that gives a fish every 10s and stops the channel if pool is empty or keeps going on for 5-10mn if not fishing a pool.
Because tbh, staying in front of your screen clicking twice every 10s is boring.

There are quite a few toys that change the float as well.

I like fishing as it is. I just would like a small fish jumping once, or some other small intensification of the effect :stuck_out_tongue:

They don’t really help. I’ve tried those. I have a few different ones. Not tried the huge one though I think.