I was in Northrend when

So I was gonna take my lvl 60 babby panda priest to Northrend, the roof of the world. I took the wrong portal (I don’t know how) and ended up in howling fjord instead of Borean Tundra. Oh well. Got on a boat, sat on it for 5 minutes, realize the boat is a turtle and went “woaaah…”.

Halfway there, some alliance rogue was also on the boat. I had pvp flag on since I wanted the extra xp and the useful pvp talents in the outside world. I tried to keep to me, he of course starts stabbing me, I jump into the water, get on my mount, and stand on the shell of the turtle-boat. He says something in elvis, then spends the rets of the trip throwing daggers at me from the gangplank while frantically jumping up and down.
Wether he didn’t engage me directly out of respect or since he knew I could psychich scream him into the water, I will never know. We finally arrived, and he screwed off, never to be seen again.

The point of me telling you this story is to show you that you can still have funny experiences and be on an adventure even in retail. It’s what you make it.
Don’t rush and take the easy way.

11 Likes

Next time mind control him off the boat. The only good rogue is a drowned one.

19 Likes

Omg, why didn’t I do that? Stupid stupid stupid!

5 Likes

The real question is where I go to speak Elvis :joy:

8 Likes

Yeah I noticed that typo too but I refuse to “fix” it =P

2 Likes

Nothing against religion, but priests gotta die.

Not gonna lie, the entire motivation for me starting a priest was watching someone do this, while waiting for a raid in Naxxramas.

Imagine the scene if you will.

It’s raid night back during Wrath of the Lich King, your guild are all ready to go but there’s a slight problem, the other faction are camping the Summon Stone. After a well fought battle we, along with some other groups on our faction, now control the small landing area at the raid entrance.
The other faction could still get in, if they were quick and if they went straight for the portal.
A few however are still trying to put up a fight, it’s PvP after all and these things tend to take a while to die down after a good bust up get’s going. We’re holding ground pretty well though.

Then it happens, our priest arrives, and for the next few minutes none of us can sit up straight as we watch an ow so entertaining loop play out before our very eyes, which are beginning to well up with tears of laughter.
Enemy faction player flies at full speed, lands on the platform ready for a fight when they get Mind Controlled by the priest and forced to jump off Naxxramas… yeah it’s a long way down from that flying necropolis.

That night after the raid I made my priest, who still to this day I’ve not used that ability on as effectively as my old guild mate did, but one day, maybe it’ll happen :smiley:

16 Likes

Lovely stuff ^^

Priest is indeed crazy fun for trolling like that.

I’m a bit of a shining force expert myself. I can punt people like Beckham, I can even do trick shots with gnomes!

3 Likes

Monk Ring of Peace certainly has some trolly uses, although you have to pick the perfect spot if you want people to take a fall. Mostly I use it at the top of towers in AV, it’s fun to watch the arriving defence party all ping off in different directions :slight_smile:

Maybe I should finish levelling my priest. Kind of stalled at 90 because… well, Pandaria is nice and WoD zones are not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

says the fat panda

1 Like

Oh wow, epic burn.

Meanie :(.

I wish this was the type of wpvp I’d come across, had a couple of skirmishes with some horde players (alt on alliance) but the majority of the time it has been 120 players camping major quest hubs.

I wouldn’t really want to turn warmode off because the occasional wpvp is fun when you are similar levels and ilevels as they guy you are fighting but the constant raids on quest hubs make it a really difficult to justify after a while.

This has mostly been i outland and northrend though I have also gotten to witness raids on lower level areas such as Goldshire and Darkshire.

I really wish there was something to disincentivice high level raids on lower level areas on both sides since it just ruins the experience especially for new players (and I wouldn’t call it “part of the experience” to have max level characters running around killing lowbees, this is partially why pvp servers started to get quite unpopular before the removal of them and introduction of warmode as I’ve come to understand).

Again, I have nothing against normal wpvp, it’s fun when you have a fighting chance, but when it’s maxed out characters killing levelers, it just sucks all fun out of it.

Sorry for the rant, I just really want to enjoy warmode, but it’s becoming increasingly more difficult.

1 Like

I used to do this quite a lot on my night elf. I would shadowmeld on lumber mill in arathi basin and wait for someone to come take it.

As warrior prot I saw that coming and was prepared to answer this. I clicked on flag and just before MC cast was finished I popped Spell Reflect. This priest now eats through a straw.

1 Like

This thread reminded me of many happy hours spent on an old main in Halaa mind controlling people off bridges :slight_smile:

…thang ya vury much…uh, huh huh’…

Oh the time spent in EotS mind controlling people off the edge. Or using a pushback near the flag.

I remember levelling a new character in WM and I was taking the boat from Booty Bay to Ratchet. A Priest of the opposite faction got on. He didn’t attack me so I I hoped I’d be safe. Then as the boat started it’s journey to Kalimdor, he mind controlled me and ran me off the boat.

He didn’t kill me but it made me laugh. Well played that priest!

I got my soggy self out of the water and back to Booty Bay and waited for the next boat :laughing:

1 Like