Trade Chat is unreadable

I am getting my Trade Chat Spam with WTS Mythic My+ etc, It’s getting on my nerve I try to ignore all these people but they’re everywhere, it’s annoying, yes before you get your bs on I could easily get myself boosted, I got gold, but I don’t wanna play a game and get carried, but my question is basically is there an addon to insta block these sad people?

23 Likes

I don’t honestly think there can be an addon for that kind of thing. Would I be right? It would require the addon to “think” for itself when determining what to ban and then carry out an automated sequence of actions to block the target, all without the player putting any input in.

That would make it a bot, sadly. Best to just report/block manually.

That sucks, Trade chat is with these M+ seller spam 24/7

4 Likes

I think Badboy would work. you can edit keywords, so if you can find words most of them have in common then maybe you can get rid of them in your chat. Just remember, if you reply to anyone else, that it need to be in /w as they might not have it.

1 Like

Check out Badboy on Curseforge/Twitch App

It will purge your chat and you can even add your own key words if it doesn’t catch everything.

2 Likes

Man trade chat on argrent Dawn rp, is THE WORST i have ever seen with spammings of people My Little Pony erp’s

1 Like
  1. Download Addon : Badboy
  2. Set words on filter such as : Mythic / Mythic+ / WTS / Boost / Cheap
  3. Regain your sanity by not even seeing a single bot spamming at /2.
  • 4 (Optional) . Hide entire your chat panel if you are using elvui to avoid getting in contact with random apes around Azeroth .

To me , option #4 is fine since my last Silence was 1 year ago so its working gr8.

PS . Dont mind all these peasants here replying ‘’ OmG aRe yOu pOoR To bUy a Boost?’’ .

(I had to copy-paste my reply from a similar thread for you because i like you due to your helm tmog)

5 Likes

OmG aRe yOu tOo pOoR To bUy a Boost? :man_farmer:

1 Like

Yeah, blocking every person trying to sell stuff via WTS in a TRADE channel will totally let you use the channel for it’s intended purpose.
:thinking:

1 Like

Tradechat on AD bangs idk what you mean but I’ve had the best conversations in it.

Report them like i do (some times).

I have trade chat turned off on all my characters. The spam is just annoying.

4 Likes

Of course it is. What you do is, you separate the trade chat from general chat, and never look at it again. no addon for that needed.

Just right click on trade chat and separate it.

2 Likes

That’s what I do. Works wonders.
I usually find what I want on the Auction House anyways. Trade Chat is no longer being used for buying/selling items, but for boost-selling-spam.

2 Likes

Just going to ask…when was the last time the trade chat was used for umm… “trading”? On my realm at least. Before the m+ spam came. The channel was either silent or there were some lame a**l jokes.
Leaving the channel, you pretty much lose nothing. :smiley:

2 Likes

And is exactly why i hate the idea of them removing LFG function the way some old school or classic enthusiasts want. It’s already a sh*tshow, just with these traders. No LFG and you’ll have a swarm of spam for content in the middle of another swarm of trade spam in the middle of another swarm of people just talking or questing.

It’ll be impossible to use.

2 Likes

Well it sure did push all the guild advertising out of trade chat, thats for sure.
If you have a guild and look for more people, you either have to hope that players reads forums in “looking for player - Pve/pvp” or that they take the Mass invite lol.

I need to download this and filter out Boost i think. I do still want to see things sold but cool items or deals.

1 Like

Blocking is fine, however I’d like to remind you guys the advertisement of services for gold in the Trade channel is not actually against the game rules, so reporting those would result in no (or overturned) action.

9 Likes

It’s just about using sensible filters. Adding “WTS” would be daft I agree, but “Boost” “Selling m+” etc can be added just fine. It’s what I did, I think I have about 4 filters and I dont see any of those ads anymore but I do see other trade specific messages.

I will be adding a new one, seems that there are a lot of people selling one of the new mechagon mounts so I will add that mount to my filter… it’s damn ugly and I will never want it lol. The Xiwyllag ATV.

1 Like