8.1.5 Low-Level Item Quality Upgrade Issue

In 8.1.5 Quest rewards will be able to upgrade in quality (From Green up to Epic quality).

This change poses a very large issue for people who play on twink characters such as mine as It makes it 100% impossible to obtain the best in slot gear on any of my characters because I only have 1 chance, per quest reward, per character, ever.

I would actually have very much welcomed and looked forward to this change had you also made it so that all quests are repeatable in the form of daily quests after their first initial completion.

If this was the case then people who want to aim for full best in slot gear can work towards doing so as they please.

Other benefits of this would be that it would bring these people out in to the open world to do the content that you have provided us over the years and it would give players a reason to put more time in to the game.

While I understand that you will most likely not take the Quality Upgrade change out of this patch, I would ask of you to please at least consider making every quest (or just every quest that has an item reward) automatically change in to a repeatable daily quest after the player first completes it for the first time.

I hope that you will take this issue seriously because this would mean so much to many players in the lower level brackets.

Thank you in advance,

Razien

16 Likes

This is our karma for roflstomping levelers in lower brackets. Twinking can completely ruin the bg experience of any non twink, so I guess we deserve it.

7 Likes

Maybe unequip Ramstein lmao :stuck_out_tongue: And besides, do what I do: if you are the only twink in the BG, gimp yourself.

I never use Ramstein except vs other twink premades, because they use it themselves.

+1

Or if not at least get a chance to get the update like they improved ilvl from item received before 8.1.5

2 Likes

Even if I don’t use Ramsteins, unless it is another twink I am fighting, the enemy has no chance to win on a 1vs1, or a 1vs2 depending on class. With my 110 DH twink I can win 1vs3 with ease against levelers. Kinda unfair don’t you think?

+1
100% agree with you, not being able to get fully BIS gear is such an annoyance
Repeatable quests would be a good solution.

2 Likes

Twinks are getting screwed on regular basis with “new features” without reparations. This is merely the next kick in the butt.

No king rules forever, my son ©

This is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed, however, the solution that OP suggested (making every quest in the game a daily) is probably not realistic.

I believe the easiest and most realistic solution to the problem is in 2 steps:

First: Reset all quests for all characters. Blizzard have done this before, although I forget the context. I’m no game designer but as far as I understand this is pretty simple to do.

Secondly: All quest rewards should have a 100% chance to upgrade to Epic quality if your experience is locked. This makes sense because the people who lock their experience (twinks) get what they want while the regular levelers are unaffected. It doesn’t make sense as a leveler to go lock your experience just to complete a quest to get a guaranteed upgrade on an item, because you’re sacrificing the experience gained from the quest completion.

Oh look, another slot machine, but this time for leveling.

Is this how you’re going to make leveling more fun Blizzard?

So with upcoming Classic release, it’s pretty obvious people will play it for leveling experience, while BFA provides good endgame content (minus rng gearing), maybe just maybe
 scrap levels to 60? Make leveling more challenging? Doesn’t have to be as slow as older expansions, but at least npcs could be
 I don’t knooooow
 Actually able to kill you? Pulling 10-15 npcs and killing them with a spell or two isn’t fun, it’s just a chore. Makes you feel like a superhero, which you’re not, you’re a level 1/10/15 potato. And for the love of god make professions and low level gear relevant, heirlooms at best be extra slot items giving just xp, not actual gear with op stats to make them irreplaceable on way to 110/120.

Imagine leveling being challenging and fun, making players learn their class better, crazy right?

1 Like

are you insane?

5 Likes

The game isn’t and shouldn’t be even remotely designed around twinks.

What a ridiculous request in wasting valuable resources that belong in playing the game properly. Twinking is effectively an exploit, and you can still do it by finding BiS items, enchants et all.

Bye now.

7 Likes

lol get rid of twinks full stop.

2 Likes

It’s not and this change wouldn’t make it “designed around twinks”.

This could be done by very few people, hardly any resources required. Blizzard has hundreds working on WoW.

Now you’re just trolling.

The whole point would be to be able to farm these rewards, not get the best upgrades in a single quest. I’m asking for a way to WORK towards gear, not get them for free.

1 Like

Times like this I wish we had more than just a :heart: to react to posts with, so much in this thread deserves a :laughing:

This would be Blizz actively and very obviously designing an exploitable system. Which they won’t do, despite having done before.

Is this really such an issue though? Example: while twinking, if you focus on PvP, you’ll be facing people in a similar situation. You may have had a lucky proc on your gloves, and they got lucky with their boots
 but so what? This element of RNG affects you, but doesn’t.

:v: peace out homies :v:

It affects it on a grander scale for example: One person might only get 1 or 2 epics while another could get 7 or 8.

The gap between lucky players and unlucky players would be gigantic and there’s nothing you can do about fixing that because you can only get the rewards once.

Would it though? Isn’t this a big fuss about nothing? Even if one player was super lucky with upgrades would they that much better of in performance?
You don’t seem to be able to support your point with any hard evidence, this is very much a panic about nothing until we see some numbers.

Epics are about as strong as the double-warforged gear from Legion invasion event. Some are stronger, it depends on the item.

Has anyone actually had an upgrade on an old quest reward yet? Or are you all talking about something you haven’t experienced?

I did a bunch of quests, didn’t get a single upgrade yet.