8.1 Healing priest in Mythic+

Guys one question. Few days ago I have tried my holy priest in Freehold +11. I was doing 30k hps constantly on trash, and always 20k+ on bosses. Team was really bad, low dmg and bad tank. And I felt I had to do a lot to keep us alive.

My question is, is 30k hps even good ? I was playing only pvp as disc, don’t know much about m+ and PVE.

This week’s affixes do lead to numbers like that, especially with a bad party that bathes in sanguine (how many melees did you have?). Any other week will need far less hps.

Thing is increasing max hp IS a damage reduction cooldown, which reduces more depending on your health. Lets say you use it at 60% hp, you then have 60% of 125% hp which is a value equal to 75% of your normal hp, you then take damage equal to 50% of your normal hp so you have life equal to 25% of your normal hp, which is 20% of your buffed health pool, when the prayer ends you will have 20% life instead of 10% which you would otherwise have! By the way I’m ignoring the heal component of the spell. Just to make it clear that max hp increases mitigate incoming damage and mitigate it more the more hp you have when you use them.

But it also becomes weaker as the incoming damage increases. Take Zul Mythic as a example:

During the fight I usually have 180k~ hp using desperate prayer increase my health by 45K putting me at 225k hp. He cast a shadow barrage at me deling 40~K initial damage, then ticks for 23k every 3rd second. I get the Dark revelation on me which deals about 100k damage in total given that the other player are straight at the opposite side of the room.

Desperate prayer will save me in this scenario, however the follow up damage will probably kill me unless i heal myself immediately. Even if i have 53k hp left, because the bonus hp are reduced by 3% each second. A stray bloodshard will kill me in this scenario… heck even a 2nd barrage or a DoT tick. Simply put poor timing will kill me here.

My shaman however have a bit worse gear; 170k hp~ but he have Astral Shift to migtate this damage. If I get put in the same scenario, shadow barrage 45k one tick 23k and revelation hitting for 100k. Astral Shift will then remove 67.2k dmg leaving my shaman with about 65k hp in safe range from any “stray bloodshard” and even if it hits it will be further reduced.

As a priest I simply flip a coin if i die when this happends more or less, as my shaman i survive 100% of the time.

They changed it so the bonus health no longer decreases over time.

But that is not the problem.

Let’s say we have 3 stacks of bursting and I’m dangerously low.

Currently I have 187K HP post buffs and 233.8K HP post Prayer.
With 3 stacks I’ll normally suffer 28.000 dmg over the duration.
If I used prayer, I will instead suffer 35.000 dmg over the duration.

I’m a healer, I shouldn’t have the equivalent of a Fury warrior using Death Wish under any circumstances. (without half the benefit of Death Wish to begin with)

And since prayer doesn’t work like, say, bear form or commanding shout, since it’s a flat increase and not percentage, that extra damage will not be negated by the % transition.

Ohh god, are you really trying to play the “No Life” card here? It’s so dull by now, that everytime someone get’s shown he lacks the skills to do stuff, he goes into “I have a reallife, sorry” mode…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.