8.1 Healing priest in Mythic+

Hi Guys,

Are there plans to balance things out in this game?
For higher Mythic + dungeons, people want rdruids (or monks) only.
They simply have too much advantages over priests (both disc & holy): mobility healing + combat rez.
Apparently you based your linear nerfs just on the Uldir output stats.

M+ is now 90% dk tank, 90% rdruid …
It’s becoming annoying.
Rdruid with 100-200 less raider io has more chance to get an invite as any priest.

1 Like

PUGs are gonna PUG. Would you take, say a Druid tank over DK tank when making a group just because the Druid had 100 more (sort of meaningless) Raider IO score?

Different classes and specs perform better in different situations, this is good. We don’t want every healer and tank to be exactly the same, classes are already little too close to each others.

Yes, currently Priests are not the FOTM for M+, but if you remember back in MoP when Challenge modes were introduced Discipline Priest was the winner’s choice since they brought most damage which made the runs faster.

Try your guild. Make a regular group that runs keys weekly (or daily if you are up for it). In friends groups the class and spec does not matter at all, but PUGs will always go for the FOTM when given choice.

Never heard a single person ever wanting a resto druid, and i main it :confused: only on raging week some take us

Not that is changes what people pick, bu there is currently two Disc Priests in the top 10 M+ teams (I guess from this week?) on raider io

In general while choosing a healer you first hand pick a person you know otherwise choices, usually boils down to what utility you might need.

When I heal i usually always end up with a balance/warlock in the group since I loathe healing DK’s… since I have alot of experiences with bad DK tanks, tbh the only class which never failed me are warriors even before they got buffed. So it’s similar to many groups have bad experiences with Disc priests.

I guess people just prefer druid since HoT’s are very reliable… they keep ticking even if the druid flips off his chair and breaks his tailbone.

You’re kidding right?

A healer is a healer, what matters is what utility they bring.

R druid brings good dps, a combat res and vortex to help kiting. They can stealth skip and CR the group to avoid big packs. They are hands down the most valued healers in M+.

The last time you finished a +10 key in time, Fernine, was a month ago. Most of the dungeons you finished not at all or very few times (some of them for the last time 3-4 months ago). You also got AOTC just 11 days ago, doing a 30% parse along with 400 DPS (pathetic for 380).
To be honest there would be lots of reasons to decline you to my key and your spec won’t be one of them. Anything observable in regards to your skill, hints at you underperforming compared to tons of alternative applicants to any 10-key.

3 Likes

I do wish we had an instant rez for m+ and raids. It’s annoying when I’m healing see someone die then I’m waiting for melee classes to rez when I’m the one looking for at name plates. Very difficult when not communicating on voice chat in pugs. Have to hope melee are reading chat, but then they never read my mana crys so no hope with them seeing CR or BR!
Would that make priest to over powered? I don’t think so?

1 Like

I whould kinda see battle res as a universal utility. Like every classs have it aviable and instead we just keep the combat ressurection limit.

1 Like

Every class can have a battle res by being engineer also after the battle rez what are people gonna ask for all classes? heroism / bloodlust ?

1 Like

So what are you saying is that everybody asking for you to play at a certain level on a particular character is a nolifer etc etc? Why would you want to play with such people then?

If you don’t have the time to master several characters, don’t. Master one. If you have such an intense social life that you can’t even do that, maybe stick with casual content. Stop insulting people just because they tell you the truth.

3 Likes

I mean…sure…but what is that defining trait for Holy priests?

Monks top up a person almost as fast as a HW: Serenity critical. With less of a cooldown related to it.
Our blanket healing has been crap for ages since Renew is overnerfed. (still overnerfed even after the +15% buff compared to its old self) We used to be middle of the road when it came to this aspect, now we only edge out paladins.
Our mobility has been gutted since we had our instant cast PoM taken away. We used to be middle of the road in this regard too, now are dead last alongside paladins.
Our AoE healing remains somewhat relevant, but it has progressively become less and less efficient in terms of mana consumption. And PoH turned to a proximity based overhealing nightmare while spells like Chain Heal, Essence Font and Renewing Mist exist…

Generally, we are pushed further deep down into hardcasting Heal with each passing day. And that happens while we also had spirit remove, so we can’t compensate for the increased mana costs of stacking haste like a hard casting focus would require.

But all of that is ok, because we have an one stroke miracle in the form of HW: Salvation. Well I’d rather be more than the “oh crap” guy with the bugdet Beacon of Light.

1 Like

That is…painfull right haha

The holy movility is crappy.
His survival is also bad (our self survival cd heal us more than resist or lowering damage…unless we waste the angel xD).
PoM doesnt heal too much for be a cast spell. And most is overheal. And on M+ it heals even less. It should be buffed or being instant.
Renew…is soo bad haha. The main fail is nearly the null synergy with our Mastery. It should buff renew somehow and not just the low initial heal.
Flash is useless in raid, no question ahhaha
Player of Healing is bad. Not aim the injured but the allies close the main target makes it only usable on very specific situations. And still may be better use circle and other spells than PoH.
Holy nova…is for fun while you jump around, making you feeling like an arcane mage xDD

They nerfed binding heal because said that holy just spam it all the time while no other stuff on cd (yeah, usually happens with filler spells… xDD). Well, now we spam HEAL instead…a very sloooooooow heal since we doenst have haste.

Damn, I feel getting older while casting heal haha

Also want comment that somehow with the binding heal nerf I feel a bit less like a raid healer. I see myself doing heal spam xDD. Of course use circle and PoM…but the loss of binding also lowered the number of Holy Word: Sanctify we cast

We are now a salvation bot. And it was nerfed…and I bet it will be nerfed again hahahaha

1 Like

We’re the only healer who actually hurts themselves if we use our CD during Bursting and Grievous weeks, because it increases the % damage we will take and end up making it harder to heal ourselves percentage wise.

1 Like

Hahaha, indeed hahaha. Is so bad asking for some real survival CD like other non priest healers?

Well I’m all in for a “normal” cooldown to use on yourself. However i think blizzard had the fact we got our tank cooldowns in mind, if used on ourselves it’s basicly a survival CD.

However I think they should just change Desperate prayer to be more in line with fortifying brew, which basicly do similar things 20% max hp(heal) and 20% dmg reduction also on a 90 sec cooldown. Monks didn’t get penalized for having their Life cocoon. Aswell as fortifying brew don’t lose this hp over it’s duration and it last 50%(5 sec) longer.

So If desperate prayer whould be changed into a 20% heal and then give 20% dmg reduction instead… It whould give priest a better defensive CD. The issue i can think of is the PvP balncing were it will probably stack with Inner focus making it a bit too overpowered. However a change like this whould help in PvE were Inner Focus rarely are activated in the first place.

I think the most thematic appropriate change which changes almost nothing except the downside of receiving %HP dmg in PvE would be:

Heals you for 25% of your Maximum HP. For 10 seconds and upon activation any overhealing received is turned to an absorb shield up to a maximum value of 25% of Maximum HP.

1 Like

Well It’s a decent idea, however I still think in this regard we should not really think of “themes” as such. I’d rather see most healers defensives work about the same, at a minor hit to “class fantasy”.

I mean desperate prayer atm. have just slightly more worth as a personal CD then just a healthstone. A Bonus to max hp won’t really do much in the grand scheme of things, since what matters is how much dmg you can acctually take before rolling over and for this purpose pure %DR are much stronger.

Thematicly a desperate prayer whould had been to call upon some sort of divine intervention.

Maybe it whould be a better resultion to make it work a bit like a personal guardian spirit. That if anything kills you during those 10 sec, you lose the buff and heal you up to 30%. It’s more or less the same gimmick of actively using a defensive cooldown, but without the restriction of being a underwhelming heal which in general don’t save you anyways.

1 Like

Holy priest is not great in m+ but of all the things to moan about desperate prayer is not it, it’s off the gcd, is affected by mastery, has no mana cost, is instant and is a beefy heal + hp increase. One of our best spells imo.

The life increase on the desperate prayer usually doesnt help at all to keep you alive on pve…and sometimes is even worst to you hahaha

I would love they quit the life increase and put a damage reduction instead.

And of course that we can use our tank cd on us as a survival cd…then we doesnt have a tank cd hahaha. now really a good solution for the class in any case xDDDDDD

In any case I still cant understand why they nerfed “tail of Light”.
Why nerf a dungeon oriented talent on one of the less used healers on high M+? I can more or less understand the Binding heal since holy is good on raid…but the dungeon talent? omg

Also they will keep buffing Renew each huge patch instead make it get affected more by mastery (so Renew will scale better with our equip and maybe even be useful…Now you only cast if you are moving…and just maaaaaybe xD