8.2.5 in September speculation

I wish m+ and raiding had totally separate progression systems, like gear that is only active in one but not the other.

If you want to do both that is fine, but you should not have to do both just to be competitive in one.

But then, this is high hopes given Blizzard’s track record of separating PvP and PvE.

1 Like

9.0: Gear awarded in PvP only gives PvE relevant stats, and vice versa.

“We thought that players should be encouraged to play all different forms of content so to incentivise this we made each form of gameplay drop gear only useable in a different form of gameplay. We hope that this will help players to truly experience the full breadth and depth of WoW’s content.”

BiS from pet battles aww yeah boys

I hope they find a way to make +ilvl primary stats feed into secondaries a LOT more. Tired of getting +30/40 ilevel with decent primary only to have the secondary of currently equipped gear outpace it because it feeds directly into a more desired stat.

Sockets are grotesquely overpowered as well (I read that they can be worth 30-40 ilvls for some specs) which is all the worse because they are random.

A benthic piece with a socket is better than mythic raid BiS items. It’s pretty ??

1 Like

In that case it’s mostly due to the effect from the benthic item rather than the socket, but the socket definitely helps.

Solution: Put sockets on every piece of gear. Every single one.

I think that was by design to incentivise gear farming as more of a constant when it comes from an easy source. I wouldn’t mind either if it wasn’t such a massive difference though. I don’t think that sort of thing should be randomised but we’re past the days of multiple viable specs within one tree.

As long as it’s not on the level of MoP SoO gear which had like… 3 sockets per item…

I feel like ever since they introduced gemsockets they’ve regretted them as much as they have LFR. They mess around with balancing a lot. Remember ICC you would just stack ArmPen +20 gems and you’d be doing stupid amounts of DPS.

1 Like

I remember people stacking full ARP using cryptmaker HC and Shadowmourne as a warrior. Go into 3v3 with 2 disc priests behind you in full PVE gear and delete people. Good times.

To be fair, that was more a problem with Shadowmourne than anything else.

Shadowmourne has 3 gem sockets doesn’t it? 60ArmPen was like O O F don’t mess with them.

1 Like

Oh man, I remember being a pretty geared Prot Paladin back in WOTLK and a DK with Shadowmourne having ArPen in every socket slot absolutely demolished me. Against everybody else I was able to outlast them.

1 Like

Whilst I think SM was very powerful, it wasn’t really OP due to comp shutdown in wrath. TSG effectively murdered one man army cleave.

I’d also go with September or October. That way they can use Blizzcon to talk about 8.3.

1 Like

Short version
Lol! Times change!
Edit: long version
If you’re still stuck in the stone age of wow then go back to the classic forums and be there…
Wow, is no more the mmorpg killer. The story, content and classes are too boring to be an mmorpg.
Blizzard said that they would deliver a great patch that will fix everything of bfa but sadly it’s still plagued with symptoms that cannot be cured.

Other mmorpg games have delivered their promise like ffxiv shadowbringers. Its now one of the top mmorpg in the market.
Look here
i.redd.it/crmbcq77gta31.png (https://)

Thus, Blizzard cant pretend to follow their outdated strategies and sue us for it with time gated, $60, subscription game.

So, don’t compare the stone age wow to the current and say ppl should adjust to it. Lol!
We will adjust it, if its worth…

You should’ve just kept it to the short version.

4 Likes

The true ending to mythic raids will now only be unlocked if you have the full transmog set from every preceding raid tier that expansion, can beat a uniquely hard pet battle, and use fishing to get the cinematic itself on a 1/1000 drop chance “School of Cinematic fish”.

4 Likes

I want that!

Mythic world first races are old hat. Yesterday’s news. Left out for a day tuna.

Fishing world first races are the new regeneration that wow needs to hook in all the subs.

1 Like

What’s associated with water and also shortened as “subs”? Submarines!

Help Blizzard reach a certain target of submarines to unlock the next story phase.

1 Like