8.2.5 in September speculation

So since the final part of the raid releases on the 14th of August, I doubt the patch will be released anytime during that month. Which-in-way, makes me look into September being the releases date for 8.2.5, if not we’d be looking into October.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Just give me the HD Worgen and Goblin models already.

26 Likes

8.1.5 was ~4 months after 8.1 but there was a christmas period to factor in so…yeah probably mid-to-late September.

I am really guessing that, unless they have a reason to push it back into October.

It’s probably around that time, yeah.

I hope it would be early to be honest. The story progresses too slow…

Or better say, huge amount of progress during a week or two, nothing for months…

Here’s to hoping we get some data mine about it, eh?

Just in case anyone is into such things, there is always a current speculation thread on MMO-C where people share thoughts / leaks / data mining results.

The thread for what’s coming after 8.2 is this:

https ://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2420660-BfA-Patch-Speculation-thread-(8-3-and-later)

I imagine we’ll get a bit more story about the aftermath of Eternal Palace, maybe finally tying the disparate parts of the expansion story (Vol’jin, the “rebellion”, Sylvanas’ “plan”, N’zoth and the return of the Black Empire, the Champions of Azeroth, etc.) together.

8.1.5 contained another step of the War Campaign, at least.

3 Likes

8.2.5 March 2020 (2hrs of content, heavily time gated)
8.3 August 2020 ( 1hr of content, heavily time gated)
9.0 September 2021( Time gated expac with time gated class skills)
10.0 World of warcraft The Time gated Edition - release date December 2077.

I’ll cut you. :dagger:

1 Like

I think the most logical time for 8.2.5 would be end of september, roughly one month after the release of classic.

That way, Blizzard might be able to keep a few of those who already lost interest in vanilla subscribed for another month.

1 Like

Time-gating has existed since Vanilla.

Why is this the thing people suddenly cling onto as if it’s a new fad?

2 Likes

blizzard bad :crab: :crab: :crab:

5 Likes

It’s not new to complain about it for sure - there was a ton of pushback on timegating back during SWP’s patch.

2 Likes

Timegating is basically an absolute necessity in an MMO, because it is completely impossible to churn out content at the rate that players consume it.

Personally, Domination Point and Lion’s Landing - later, Isle of Thunder - felt like reasonably timegated content. It was locked behind daily quest reputation, but as you progressed you unlocked chapter-style story progression. The war campaign of BFA is a similar concept, and I personally did not find the campaign problematic other than the decision to lock races behind it.

I just don’t really like the World Quest mechanic they’ve been pushing since Legion. I personally preferred MoP’s daily quest style where at Revered you got the 100% account-wide reputation boost + the dungeon rep.

1 Like

Unfortunately, much like m+, world quests are probably here to stay.

be a lot cooler if they weren’t

World quests are exactly the same as daily quests except instead of picking them up from a hub you just go to where they are to “pick them up”.

1 Like

In a perfect world, we would have world quests and the MoP commendations.