Saw a Starter Edition account?

as far as i was concerned only people with live subscriptions could play wow classic, but as i was going through elwynn i saw someone struggling and wanted to trade them some health pots i made.

i got the error message that i could not trade with Starter Edition accounts, and it didn’t really dawn on me until i finished playing for the day that this shouldn’t have been possible. is there something i missed?

You are correct…

• World of Warcraft Classic characters are not accessible on Starter Edition accounts

So I’d suggest you file a bug report to customer service.

3 Likes

I saw a lot of dudes with Starter accounts on my server, actually. Didn’t know it was not possible )

1 Like

fun detected :frowning:

1 Like

haha, i was actually asking about this because a friend of mine wanted to play on EU servers with me but couldn’t join on a starter account, and it made me think about the one i mentioned (saw a few days ago)

When you reactivate an account that’s been sitting dormant for a long time you’ll have restrictions like those applied.

1 Like

This.

While I personally would LOVE it if the Starter or at least Veteran system would be in place for Classic, sadly it isn’t at the moment.

It can take up to 24 hours under normal conditions for a Starter Account to start acting like a Subscription Account so with all the myriad of issues this downtime may actually occur now.

1 Like

I have this problem. Some years ago, I tried wow with the starter edition and today a paid my first subsciption to play classic. I only want to play classic, not BFA. In game, it tells me I hae a starter edition so I cannot make certain operations such as invite ppl, action house etc. Is this a bug and how can I correct this? Thank you

1 Like

Oh, to anyone have the same problem, I just found out that it might take up to 24 hours after payment to change the status of the account from Starter to normal. Maybe I will be ok tomorrow.

1 Like

For me it took a day or so for the restrictions to be lifted.

The guy obviously had just renewed their account and some restrictions were still on it even though they could play.

To clear any confusion, some Starter restrictions may remain in place for up to 24 hours after upgrading a Starter account.

This however does not apply to lapsed accounts being reactivated, but Starter accounts which just had its first ever month added.

If you need to wait 24 hours as a returning player, then you most likely added game time to a new game account, as each Blizzard account hold several.

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.