8th July Announcement

9am PDT is actually 4pm GMT.

But things (& people) have been known to disappear …

Grovi has been summoned!

2 Likes

why would he? He is doing an amazing job!

-static noise-

SET @@time_zone = '+00:00';
select unix_timestamp(timestamp('2020-07-08 16:00:00'));

Edit: Fixed it (turns out 17:00:00 is 16:00:00 UTC/GMT currently)

I sure hope that happens. For everyone’s sake.

1 Like

should be 1594224000 because unix timestamp is always based on UTC and supports no timezones. You get the timestamp for 17:00, but 17:00 london time is 16:00 UTC

Forgot about daylight saving time. I assumed London time was GMT.

2 Likes

Hoping for console port news, PC is getting on and rather play on console :stuck_out_tongue: one can dream hehe

I wouldn’t like it. MMOs that are usable on consoles are mechanically less interesting than computer-only MMOs.

1 Like

That being said … :open_hands:“Ion Hazzikostas” © 2016-2020

2 Likes

i wonder when this expansion will actually release.
It’s 6 months of 8.3 already and this patch has grown stale.
We are entering a content void period where nothing is happening.
These voids historically lasted a very long time, the worst offenders were MOP and WOD with over a year of no new content after the last major patch released.

I hope BFA content void won’t be a full year long. November SL release is a pipe dream but possible.

They’ve said on or before 31st December 2020 and I’m pretty sure there’s legal ramifications if they go back on that.

Forum watch party anyone? :smirk:

2 Likes

Not really.
They did it with Warcraft III Reforged.

But it’ll be out by the end of the year for sure. October - December, depending on your guesstimate.
The Alpha has all the zones except The Maw. Then there’s a dungeon and a raid missing.
The rest is systems design and balance and tuning, which are always the last parts of the development process, and which tends to get pushed through much faster than people imagine.
So far it doesn’t look like any internal release date Blizzard may have, is in jeopardy. Which is positively surprising given they’re all working from home.

If anyone hear strange distant girlish scream of excitement, I apologize you all in advance.

Cuz smh a random actiblizz dude would do a better job than an active mythic and vanilla raider ?

Firing Ion is more or less a lottery, with most of the options being worse than what we currently have.

Happens all the time, looks bad on them but that’s about it.

I’d personally rather have ‘released when ready’ than ‘rushed to meet a deadline’.

2 Likes

Is stream on YouTube or Twitch?