9.0.5 thoughts

Since we got really good and needed hotfixes like the FoF clipping with SEF active which was in the game for 5 years straight can we get actual love from the devs?

They took away cancelaura roll in the start of SL (prepatch), now they take away the Fists of Fury cancel while bursting with clones. Every interesting mechanics on WW monk is going into the garbage can. Not to mention this little hotfix actually broke the spec on the PTR and the clones don’t copy spells regularly, even Serenity doesn’t work.

Read here:

Can we just get rid of SEF finally and make WDP and Serenity baseline? Please.
I wouldn’t mind damage nerfs on WW in the current state, but they are straight up killing the fun out of the spec instead.

Our last talent row is a total joke. Who would switch 2 * 15 sec burst window with SEF out for 1 * 12 sec 20% damage buff with Serenity? I can help you, no one. Serenity would be a perfect replace for SEF, just make it 2 stack too or 20 sec duration on 1.5 min CD, like arms warrior’s Avatar, that is 20% damage buff 20 sec duration, 1.5 min CD. But even if they make Serenity a legit choice in the last row, nobody wants to play without WDP, that spell is so mandatory in the rotation.

Can’t wait to channel every FoF now for 3-4 seconds in next patch for 10k damage while boomies shoot for 15k instant starsurges. WW is more of a caster than fire mage or boomies rn after this “hotfix”.

7 Likes

Good god. We back to our regular state then. Hopefully this will get fixed. I dont have a lot of hope for it though

4 Likes

And if it’s not enough, we’re going to loose one stack of Mark of the Crane …

3 Likes

I think WDP should be baseline. Building up to the point of casting it just feel right. IMO SEF and Serenity being last row talents would feel better.

Serenity would be our to go single target and SEF our aoe talent. It leaves us with 1 empty talent to fill the last spot, just make it something that changes WDP a little. Something that could be handy in high m+ content or pvp.

Even if with current talents Serenity becomes the best talent, not picking WDP just feels super bad and makes the spec awkward imo.

5 Likes

Can’t believe they destroyed WW so quickly. Top players are already saying it is a pretty much dead spec after the next reset.

4 Likes

No one is saying that. The bugs have been addressed. Only one remains, which is SEF and it can be avoided if you macro /cast Storm, Earth, and Fire (fixate) into your abilities.

I wish that was the only bug WW has lmao

The spec is honestly just mundane and mediocre now. I just got a 226 weapon in my weekly cache and i couldn’t care less, this whole character that ive invested 25 days /played in during the last couple of months has gone from awesome to the point where i could legit delete it, because i’m simply not gonna play it. I’m not gonna play the game at all, honestly. What’s the point of investing my time in it when a sole intern evidently is in charge of the whole class balancing act.

2 Likes

Oh and check my current talents, it’s to showcase that every row has a talent that will literally not ever see use. (damage reduction might be an exception, however it’s the most painfully boring, generic, passive effect ever.

Can’t really say anything from pve perspective. But as a disc priest in pvp, this was needed. Pretty much every game was RP-walking while being entirely shut down from casting anything with the monk alternating interrupt with stun all while doing ridicilous damage.

The only tactic was using defensive cooldowns and hoping i die slower than the other healer while barely controlling my character at all. Just stuck in a zoo of clones + tiger unloading unhealable amounts of damage.

It still does ridicilous damage in pvp even after patch though.

Its not like we are talking about pvp at all right ? smh

1 Like

I clearly specified that this was from pvp perspective, which is probably the main reason for the nerf.

I thought it was a thread about 9.0.5, not 9.0.5 pve only… just because you don’t, doesn’t mean that everyone isn’t. Widen your perspective?

Main reason for the nerf ? So they nerfing pvp while destroying pve completely. Great thinking then.

They have done this since the beginning. Pve nerfs/buff ruining pvp, and pvp nerfs/buffs ruining pve. It sux, but they don’t really seem to care. :confused:

WW’s burst was nowhere near some specs that are currently dominating arena. A WW shouldn’t even pop their burst at start, they are better at peeling your defensives away, which isn’t the meta atm with so many classes having a one shot opener/button. You will still be RP walking/getting rooted by WW’s except now they will do laughable dmg to you compared to what they did. And all that while being one of the squishier classes, unless your game knowledge is superb.

Friend of mine went into SL with havoc DH until he realised it was rock bottom. So he switched monk to at least have a chance to get invited and participate in this game.

Now WW is even below havoc overall on warcraftlogs… Guess how much fun he has to extend his sub.

Blizz needs to look at the logs and fix this immediately

1 Like

It’s taken them years to sort these bugs out, they knew it would nerf our middle of the table dps so why wouldn’t they just offset the loss with a small % buff?

I cba to reroll again, it’s time to unsubscribe tbh.

2 Likes

I would only write the latter, but because of the character requirement for a proper post I will elaborate with another sentence. Going back to the point on the state of windwalker, just like in the entirety of BFA and most of Legion you can summarize it in a single word, that being:

hehe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.