9.2 covenant choice for shadow. Covenant legendaries balance suggestions

In 9.2 patch comes 2 legos and one of them must be cov leg. It’ll break cov balance for all classes. For shadow, it means NF and kyrian are the worst options. bwonsamdi’s pact and kyr leg give nearly 200-300. There are no powerful combos with these legos. But necro… he’ll gain a huge choice in legos. Today NF is weaker than necro by 300-400 dps. That’s because of overpowered pallid command. In 9.2 NF will gain bwonsamdi’s pact which gives 250 dps and necro will use shadiwflame prism with 900 dps increase. It will be 1000 dps diff. That’s huge. No one will play NF. It’s hard to balance all cov or at least 3 of them. Below suggested changes don’t fix problem at all, so I suggest cancelling the leg lock. Let players use any 2 legos they want. In-game there’s no 2 legos that affect one spell. This change will give players a ton of choices.

NF choice:

1. Bwonsamdi’s pact gives only 50% cdr. I understand that 200% cdr will be too strong for fire mage and other classes, but for shadow priest, it feels like 50% potentially dps loss. So, I suggest changing the description: Mask which copied benevolent faerie by 2 times stronger for the caster. Or at least for shadow priest if low cd on rapture and divine hymn will be too strong. And bwonsamdi’s pact reduces fae guardians cd by 20 sec (From 90 to 70). That won’t break shadow priest balance, but it will give more options in rotation. Fae guardians cd reduction is needed because the cd diff between void eruption and fae guardians is 20second and giving more cdr on benevolent faerie makes diff 40 sec. That will break shadow rotation, so bwonsamdi’s pact must reduce fae guardians cd by 20 sec. If holy priests will restore a lot of mana then you will nerf wrathful faerie.
  2. Bwonsamdi’s pact gives 4th faerie: Gives 15% damage and healing increase. This bonus is by 2 times stronger for the caster. Follows power infusion. The values are approximate. It’s easy to balance this leg effect. Just need to change values. This effect is worse than the first because it breaks the priest’s rotation. For shadow, it means you’ll need to not cast faeries for 30 seconds for a huge damage buff with power infusion. For holy, you want to earn more mana from wrathful faerie but that leg forces you to use it only on heal CDs. BUT that effect is very nice for disc priests. NF is the worst choice for disc because disc needs big damage burst, which provides kyrian and vethyr abilities. This leg makes NF a more competitive choice for disc.

Venthyr choice:
The leg seems very balanced, but it loses to the necro leg. I don’t think that all legos buff would fix the problem. Necro leg needs nerf and only rattling mage needs it. His cast deals 40% of spell power. That’s quite big for cov balance. I suggest nerfing his cast from 40% of spell power to 35% spell power for example. With that change, the venthyr leg won’t need any buff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.