Bugfix for Solenor the Slayer and Other Enemies

We’re implementing a bugfix this week that should go live with server restarts in this region early tomorrow.

• Fixed a bug that caused creatures such as Solenor the Slayer to misbehave when pursuing the player. Groups of creatures that commit to combat as a group will now all continue to pursue whenever any one of them are struck by a player attack or ability.

After restarts early tomorrow, Solenor the Slayer should no longer reset if the player strikes the adds that he summons while he’s rooted, or if the player strikes Solenor himself. And now, if you aggro one of a group of creatures in any zone, and then you keep occasionally hitting any one of them, the whole group will follow you across the zone.

1 Like

Does this mean if its individual creatures that arent chained together? E.g. pulling a single spider (spider1) in WPL and it aggros another spider (spider2). Will spider2 continue running after me if I JUST keep running and hitting spider1?

This has also been implemented to King Gordok and Cho’Rush the Observer, which seems to be a bug. They cannot reset from kiting as they are in a dungeon and therefore have no leash regardless of how far you run, so the implemented behaviour is mistaken and also does not replicate their behaviour from your reference client.

Please reconsider this, as I am sure this will also cause problems in future raids where kiting is neccesary (UBRS and MC comes to mind right now, but future situation can obviously arise as well).

This sounds like it would make the hunter quest easier by fixing Solenor to not reset on you anymore. Really it’s gonna make it harder by not allowing you to separate Simone and her pet as easily.

Make Classic+ without any flying :eggplant:

I think UBRS should be fine, if you mean kiting Drakki. After all, whoever’s kiting only grabs aggro on him, while the rest of the party takes care of the rest.

Unless this is a direct link between aggro, as in all aggro you put on Drakki is applied to the rest of his group. That would be bad.

This exact behaviour you say will not happen is what has been experienced on King Gordok + Cho’Rush solo farming on US servers since this “fix” was implemented.

“Solo farming”.
So 1 player, aggroing two mobs without a leash, in a dungeon, won’t reset.
That’s what you’re saying?
How is that like 1 player kiting 1 mob while a group handles the other mobs?

What happens is that if the two bosses are chasing your pet and you attack one of them, they will BOTH run after the hunter instead of only the boss you attacked

1 Like

Ah… now I see what you mean.
Yeah, seen that. When was the fix applied to US servers?
It does open up the question for how Drakki will behave…

It happened after the reset which I believe must have been around 12 hours ago or something like that.

Can you or some other blue post please comment on if the buggy behaviour experienced with King Gordok and Cho’Rush the Observer is an intended outcome of this change? The exact behaviour experienced is explained in detail further up in the thread.

Gief key ring pls

weird bump but ok

My interpretation was that it’ll make linked units, such as the Crimson Courier and her boyfriends will all keep chasing the player, even if you keep hitting only one of them. And that it will not affect adds that are pulled during combat. But we’ll see how it turns out.

Im thinking/hoping the same. Makes my solo questing/grinding miles more possible

I did this sh!t without a warlock curse. Tell hunters to accept the challenge and keep the demon as he is!!

People complain classic is too easy and dry of content. So give them content they can chew on.

This is a huge change in terms of soloing any content. It’ll definitely make grouping far more necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.