Classic Saved Retail WoW

I would like to thank Classic on behalf of the retail community for saving Retail WoW by proving with its success that players really do enjoy a lot of the original systems from Classic/Vanilla.

A lot of retail players like to talk down on Classic and I think that they’re very ignorant. “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.” Well done, Classic! :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Pretty much, but dedicated retail players will NEVER admit that… lol

9 Likes

Utter nonsense this

13 Likes

Why? I won’t even be touching retail I think, but after all the Classic-like changes they’re getting, it’s obvious that blizz had a good think about their ways and the direction of retail which was in the worse place it has ever been in (BFA)

5 Likes

like i said, utter nonsense

5 Likes

I don’t like classic at all. I even prefer playing BFA.

However, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t positives in classic that retail can learn from. And based on what i’ve heard so far, it seems that they’re focusing on bringing some of those positives into retail. Which i’m totally fine with.

15 Likes

Ok, explain why or just repeat yourself then…

1 Like

This is hardly making Classic players look like the tolerant community they were always harping on about. There is, sadly a reason for this division, and it is largely based on the attitude of -Some- Classic players. Some people like both, you know, but are getting turned off Classic by the holier than thou attitude which is largely misplaced. You think Classic is actually what Vanilla was like? My word… Anyone gets it right, this is utter nonsense.

From playing on Classic, the prediction was right, a lot of people tried it, then the activity on the severs dipped as they went to Retail. Classic is good for an occasional hit, but this bizarre insistence that Classic is some sort of Messiah is just an ugly attitude.

They’re pretty much different games now, as you would expect from two games produced 15 years apart, and trying to proclaim that one is -better- is just ridiculous.

15 Likes

Said any… no one.

CLASSIC FOREVER!

1 Like

If that’s so can you tell them to leave to retail faster?
There’s still a queue on Shazzrah.

6 Likes

I’ll do that, if you can tell all the non-RP’ers who joined Hydra Waterlords just for shorter queues that they are damaging the idea of having an RP server for Classic. If we can do that, then we indeed have an accord :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that most of your disagreements and spite towards Classic come from an RP perspective more than a gameplay and mechanics perspective.

1 Like

I don’t know if I can do that, you’re probably better off asking Blizzard for more PvE servers since it seems that there aren’t nearly enough for all the players :slightly_smiling_face:

For one that statement is the other way around sadly.

And secondly retail wasn’t “saved” by classic, it didn’t need saving to begin with.

The only good thing classic has done is taken away alot of toxic little sh*ts because the servers have been alot better these past few weeks.

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen: The hottest take on the WoW EU forums 2019.

2 Likes

yes how funny and original hheuehoeheuheue so clever

retail needed changing, not saving - theres a difference

It seems to me that you’re projecting there. But hey, a level 10 must know the ins and outs of the Classic community, right?

2 Likes

ah yes, the guys that can’t count past 60

2 Likes

i know the ins and outs of the retail community, which has improved dramatically

maybe it’s coincidence, maybe it isn’t

Wait, so not accepting that Classic is perfect is somehow Spite? I do think Classic is lacking in some regards, I also think BFA is lacking in some regards, People-are- allowed to enjoy different things, or even different aspects of similar things. I like that on Classic (and indeed going on up to Cata) If I wanted to put in the time and grind for something, I could. I wasn’t gated behind arbitrary WQ’s. I don’t like that Classic’s game world is incomplete.

They both have pro’s and cons. I can see that.

To be fair, Retail was not ‘saved’ by Classic. Neither was saved by the other, as I say, they are pretty much separate games, Some enjoy one, some the other, some (Shock horror) enjoy both, but the attitude towards people asking for help on Classic has been less than stellar, with the usual response being “F*** off back to Retail!”. I say usual, there was the delightful chap who said that he hoped a female player was unwillingly carnally penetrated by a dead dog and -then- “F***ed off back to Retail”. I am however choosing to believe they are something of a bad egg wherever they would be, and not broadly indicative.

Also, just as a pointer. There is a Classic Forum. Which is for discussions about Classic. Here people discuss Retail. ANyone can have their say, but “Nah nah, My Game is better” grows tiresome after the first few -months-.

8 Likes