A character with that name is already online

Hi,

after trying to create a 5v5 arena team, my character lagged and i had to alt+f4. Since than i cant login with that character because “A character with that name is already online”.

Its the exact same problem as described here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-log-into-my-character-for-over-14-hours/1000031

The character is: Letztelauch-venoxis

Can Blizzard wake up? Have the same problem on Russian realm, character is online for 9 hours, idk
I"ve written a ticket and they will reply in 9 days lol
Realm Пламегор, Character name: Ниджелия

Apologies for the late reply!
Are you both still having problems logging in?
If so please do make a ticket about this so we can investigate further and try to get this fixed for you. It’ll also help us track the problem.

Huhu.

a game was able to reset me, but i still cant turn the charter in. I tried everything with resetting the interface, deleting addons stuff etc.

I already reported the bug, but it would be great if a gm could create the 5v5 team for me, so i can play the game.

Ok I had the same problem and was able to somewhat fix it.

Couldn’t turn in my arena team chapter, after some tries the character always bugged out and it took some voodoo magic (or GM interference) to make the character playable again.

So what helped me is to rename the team (you can do it using the chapter itself) from a really long name to a short one. “Qwerty” worked for me. Original name had 23 characters in it.

Same here. Blackpink - Mirage Raceway is stuck and can’t log in due to the same error. My arena team’s name is above 20 characters if that matters.

I was online with my Charakter and wanted to create an arena 2v2 team.
I choosed an icon and border and clicked ok.
Nothing happened. I watet to port to shattrath and nothing happened either.
I logged out and now i can not log in again, because “A Charakter with that name already exists”

I deleted all my addon and still nothing. I waited 30 mins so the charakter gets autokicked from the server and nothing. If i tipe /who [charname] he is shown. but he does not stand where i logged out and is not shown online in the guild

That error sometimes happens if you exit the game abruptly and “uncleanly”, the server still thinks you are still connected.

Either a GM has to “remove” the character from the server, or you have to wait for the server to realise its not actually connected anymore.

Unless you are extremely lucky and get a GM’s attention really quickly, just waiting is faster. They take on average around 30 minutes to drop off on their own.

Personally, I would just play another character for about half an hour, then try again.

Edit: Just noticed that you say you have already waited 30 mins, looks like a GM ticket might be your only recourse then, sorry.

1 Like

Hey Lach,

This is a known issue we’re currently investigating, relating to players who try to create an Arena team with a name that is already taken or can’t be used some other way. If you still need help with your character then please submit a ticket to our Support Team!

Playing WOW TBC on Ru Realm “Пламегор”, character name “Ниджелия”, my teammate que arena 2v2, i tried to enter but it lagged so i tried to logout but the same. I used alt + F4. Followed all the recommendations…
But my character still online for the last 9 hours. I’ve written a ticket and have to wait for an answer for 9 days 13 hours, lol, rly?

Same here, with the same arena team problem

Pickpick (hunter on Amemnar)

If you run into this issue, please make a ticket ingame. The problem is being investigated and the Game Master Team may be able to assist directly in a lot of cases.