A cry of despair

I left SL before Chains of Domination dropped and now i want to comeback but the problem i had with the game still scares me. I got trapped in the cycle which I don’t know how to break… You need gear to do mythic+/raids,but to get in the party you need the very same gear from this mythic+ and raids. Most of the time I’m playing alone and maybe that’s the case but I’m not sure. Last time I played i remember there being a lot of preparations needed to be done before anyone even look at you as a decent party member…

The best advice I could give would be to join a social guild, but one that is definitely active in PVE content. One that runs keys and raids and is open to teaching new players the ropes. Will give you the best experience by far as well as the opportunity to make friends in the game. For me how much I enjoy the game depends 100% on who I choose to play it with.

In terms of gear you can start with running NM/HC dungeons and LFR, pugging world bosses (99% of groups are autoaccept) along with collecting welfare gear from world quests. Crated gear is available on the AH dirt cheap to help also.

Once you have a basic set of gear its onto keys and nm raid, and wherever the road leads you from there.

HTH.

3 Likes

Join a social guild, or a community. I am in the Scared of dungeons community, and everyone is super nice. They have room for everyone, and toxcicity and rudness is against the rules. You can find their discord here: http://discord.gg/yCHZwXj
In korthia you could buy ilvl 200 gear tokens from stygia, and from what I have heard you can get some tokens in Zereth Mortis as well. I THINK they will give 233 gear. But I am not sure what the currency will be.
Hope you come back to the game, and wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

The gear you get in ZM is actually 226, and you can buy it, relatively cheaply, for Anima.

Soon after you start in Zereth Mortis, you can buy 226 armour pieces for about 300-400 Anima each from a vendor, so call it 4-5K Amina for the lot. 226 is not exciting, but it will be a big help to you in catching up.

As for group play, both of the answers above me are right. PUGging is a horrible experience in WoW. Get yourself a guild, or a community. I also recommend Scared of Dungeons as a friendly community to do dungeons with.
Discord: http://discord.gg/yCHZwXj
In-game Community Code: OeBkVKTLZ2

I do hope you find a friendly group to run with!

As for your gear, stats, consumables, and all that, check out Icy Veins for solid basic advice:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.