A easy quick fix for world PvP balance, improved warmode

It is absolutely insanely ridiculous and stupid to have only a pvp on/off button such as warmode. Even at equal levels, gear stats scale dmg so much that a player with said gear advantage is 5 to 10 times more powerful than one without.
For example twinks vs casuals at lvl 1-119 and mythic i420 vs casual i370.
The later ones will always get completely destroyed without a chance.

So let’s stop this stupidity right there, no more black and white on/off pvp.
Everyone gets a slider bar which you can set to “this many levels above me” and “this many levels below me”. Now if you meet someone who fits your criteria, and they fit yours, you can engage. If it is set to “zero” than nobody above or below can attack you, in other words pvp is disabled. This pvp slide bar can only be changed in orgrimmar or stormwind.

Simple, easy, fair, smart.
You want to quest but also pvp at lvl 45? Set the bar to 1 above you and 10 below, even though opening the door to punch down that many levels like 5, 10 or even 20 is pointless, since hardly anyone is stupid enough to set theirs to +20 like hey I’m lvl 80, bring it you lvl 100 noobs gets one shotted gg.

Plus minus 2-4 levels would be something popular that most people would use I think. And now let’s wait for all the hate comments from the no life sad pathetic gankers who just want to flame and troll lvl 10-90 people by camping their corpse with their lvl 120 i400 char. Your reign is over. Enjoy harassing others with that bs while you can. You’ll have to fight someone your own size as soon as Blizz patches this awesome feature into the game.

You can get fair pvp in arena and battlegrounds. WPvP is not intended to be fair, never was.

Suggestions are great, but always pros and cons.

Right now, wm off players are not visible if we have wm on, rightly so. If it can’t be attacked, it must be hidden. To achieve that with the many combinations of level criteria you propose, wm sharding tech would have a heck of a job. It makes the wm lfg balance issue look like nothing. Imagine all the different level criteria combinations… how to faction balance a shard, have enough players in the shard, and still cope with lfg. On top of that, you would have a major issue grouping up with others for wpvp via lfg. Seems like this suggestion would create a terrible complexity for wm tech.

No thanks. We already have a simple option, to which we agree means a target on our back. Opt in or out. If you can see it, you can kill it. Simple.

WPvP is anything goes no rules ganking chaos 1v1 interupted by 3v1 fp camping random lowbie killing highbie attacking city sacking very unfair unbalanced op kill em all kill on sight run hide retaliate group up play solo get killed killing killer raid roller group smasher wiper 40v1 1v40 wild west kill kill kill PvP.

Love it! :+1:

1 Like

I don´t want rules, rating, items, achievements or whatever.
All I want is some action out there.

2 Likes

agreed, i also like the ide behind the 10% tho it not working as intented is a different story

Wpvp is NEVER fair.

Currently the reason I turned WM off ever since expension started because it promoted spawnkilling.
In 1vs1 someone will attack you when they see you burn your cooldown on an npc.
or when they outnumber you in any way.

Even with your idea, the problem where a 40 man raid wafflestomps you to the ground will not be fixed.

Heres a suggestion:
Bring the warfront map from speedrun bg-s into a much slower paced open world. Same objectives on each map, and limit players on each side.
So imaging on Arathi warfront if a 40 man raid camps Circle of elements… it means EVERY OTHER objective on the map is undefended.

This is the problem with worldpvp… not the balance…
Its the “reward/ lack of consequences”.
You get loot for killing in a raid whoever who just taxi’d to the zone.
You cannot lose anything if you do this. NOTHING. The worst thing that can happen, the the enemy forms a raid and do the same with your faction. But where does that care the aggressor raid?

1 Like

Twinks require a lot of upkeep if you intend to keep them twinks throughout the entire leveling experience, the game should allow a player to gain the edge if they invest in it.
The same goes for mythic i420 vs casual i370, in my eyes it is absolutely expected and even neccisery that the first destroys the latter at the same skill level
I personally say that this is a nonissue and is hardly the biggest offender (imho it isn’t even an offender) of warmode

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.