[A-EbonRP] Knights of the Ebon Blade :Skull: Ebon Blade Community

You realize that’s the name of a discord, right? And doesn’t actually say anything about the guild? C’mon Angelus, try just a bit harder.

Your community is focused on the Ebon Blade AND Scourge which is fine, but some of us disagree and want a community focusing solely on the Ebon Blade.

I look forward to cooperation in-game and I am certain we both will be fine.

As for member of the community I am not fully sure since I haven’t been on your discord but

Is a active Scourge RP’er so I take it you accept them in the ranks?

And as stated TIME after TIME there is nothing wrong with your concept, we just have two different opinions which been clear by the community in every meeting tried to host Scourge in it.

Between regular recruitment drives in /trade and (re)making threads over and again, I have a hard time not seeing this as an ego/pillar thing. The presented reasoning just doesn’t hold up to scrutiny either, considering you’re trying to divide an RP minority.

3 Likes

Am I in a loop or something

I’m going to switch gears for a moment because i’m taking driving lessons and totally know how to and ask this.

At the end of the day, /WHY/ are you hammering home this narrative that the “Ebon Blade” and the “Scourge” are two distinct things with their own storylines when there hasn’t been one for either since Legion. Not to sound accusatory but by saying there’s a difference doesn’t actually mean there’s a difference.

I fail to see what a strictly Ebon Blade guild could do that a Ebon Blade + the token scourge guy who isn’t even an IC member can’t. In the end due to the scarcity of people in the community fragmenting it /really/ isn’t helping it, its hampering it.

As said time after time again due to the community view.

Last time the Ebon Blade held a meeting with the Scourge they ended up getting killed.

Many in the Ebon Blade do not see themselves as part of the Scourge, hence why we focusing solely on the Ebon Blade.

But I also said that I have nothing against them going with this ‘‘Union’’ as it is completely fine but not everyone agrees on that.

So we are catering towards the group of people who disagree or just want to focus mainly on the Ebon Blade.

Edit: And in the end doesn’t stop us all from actually roleplaying with eachother.

I am available later tonight to discuss the Ebonsworns arrival in the Plagueland to know if the Ebon Onslaught done anything in the area that we should know.

It is merely a different perspective on things that’s all.

The Ebon Blade that is canonically allied with the Lich King? From the Highlord down?

2 Likes
5 Likes

It was an uneasy coalition from what I gathered of the order hall quests. They certainly don’t want to be dominated by his will again, but it certainly made sense during Legion (and also now) to keep on good terms with the LK, seeing as he keeps the Scourge contained.

In any case, the onslaught is hardly a coalition or union of Scourge and Ebon Blade from what I’ve read from their thread.

Highlord Darion Mograine says: Make no mistake, we are not bound to this new Lich King. However, he may prove a valuable ally against the Legion.

Highlord Darion Mograine says: For now, our goals align with his. And in the meantime, it is in our best interests that the Scourge stay… contained.

And

The Ebon Blade will serve as the Lich King’s arm as long as the Scourge is confined to Northrend. In return for our assistance, our ally has offered to assist in obtaining powerful weapons for the strongest of our knights. Weapons powerful enough to end the Legion once and for all!

We consider the ‘‘pact’’ with the Lich King dormant until further lore is given since it was actively mentioned it was made in purpose to defeat the Legion and we been given nothing more on the subject.

We are not forcing anyone who finds it differently, hence why I respect the Ebon Onslaught’s view but this is quite a wide view in the Ebon Community.

@Aeneon And we plan on hosting meetings with the Scourge, cooperate with them against enemies and so on.

Difference here is that we do not want them in our Ebon business that is all.

I can’t tell if you’re doing this on purpose or not, I generally prefer to assume incompetence instead of malice. Yes, there are scourgies. No, in its current state the guild’s thing isn’t to be all pro-scourge as you keep trying to repeatedly imply.

I’d very much appreciate if we, ourselves, get to decide what our guild is. Angelus.

glad you agree though :^)

STOP! REALITY CHECK TIME!

The bullpoop we players do is not canon, our decisions and actions do not dictate the character and policies/practices of a lore faction.

:point_up: This is not The Ebon Blade. It’s a number of Death Knights talking and arguing among themselves and trying to fill in shoes way too big for them.

Furthermore…

If individual and “free willed” Undead creatures wish to side with the Ebon Blade (hidden agendas of each said creature aside… looking at you O’sun :stuck_out_tongue: ) the conditions set in the DK Order Hall campaign and the nature of “co-operation” between King Popsicle and the Ebons with the Deathlord acting as the go-between big shot allows such a thing to happen since it is on an individual basis and not a mass sign up by legions of Scourgelings.

Get it through your bloody heads, dear fellow zombies, that your guilds and groups are small cults or cabals or fellowships within the Ebon Blade with a measure of autonomy. Not the Ebon Blade itself.

2 Likes

Oh boy. What the cuck did i just get linked.
I think it’s fine to split it into 2 groups.
The ones that believes the deal with Death Daddy is idle/dormant/not a thing anymore. (Angelus Crew)
And the ones that believes the deal with Death Daddy is still ongoing. (Arindhas Crew)

People can just choose if they want to RP with purely Ebon or Ebon + Scourge.

Of course we do not try to represent as the ‘‘Real Ebon Blade Faction Guild’’ but we are a ‘‘faction’’ within the faction that do not agree on active cooperating with Scourge.

I wrote in the thread following regarding the Scourge.

View on the Scourge: Our view on the Scourge is that our pact remains dormant after the Legion been defeated.

The Lich King proved himself a powerful ally and still to this day we value him for what he did but ever since Legion he have not been seen to do anything or give any commands so we wait until further lore been given to act out as his ‘‘Will and Enforcer’’ as seen in Legion.

But we do respect that there are people who roleplay as Scourge and we consider them allies and we will roleplay and have meetings with them but they will not part of the Community.

I mean, either you’re allied with them or you’re not, and if you’re not allied with the LK (which would only be shown by refusing cooperation with the LK or undermining him) then you’re threatening the alliance which will get you thrown out the Blade at best.

Alliances don’t ‘go dormant’ - they’re either in place or you break them.

4 Likes

First of all it been mentioned TWICE that the Alliance was struck to deal with Legion so be be completely fair we do not even know if they are still allies or not.

But that isn’t the disagreement here we disagree with having Scourge in our meetings, in our missions and so on.

In Legion we saw not a SINGLE Scourge member amongst the Ebon Blade, it was purely the Lich King guiding us.

That is why we are being careful with the approach here we will wait to act as his ‘‘Will and Enforcer’’ until we get the lore to do so.

And by dormant we aim that we are not actively doing things for him, it is not broken since we do not have any confirmation on that.

I feel attacked, SUE THIS LADY! SUE HER I SAY!

1 Like

are you familiar with a certain four individuals raised with the Lich King’s power, whose very identity is a mimic of four individuals before them, also raised with the Lich King’s power?

2 Likes

Well, he did said that they are a “faction within the Ebon Blade”… despite his wording for the longest time suggests otherwise but NVM that… so I guess they can have their own personal opinion… which given the fact that he’s been raising his own small “army” it’d mean-

Ah nevermind, I’m giving this way too much thought.

You just said you were refusing active cooperation. That’s going against the alliance.