A fair honor system suggestion

Hello everyone,
I play WoW for 12 years now, I´ve been elitist and now I am casual. It is a large transition and going though it you get to see things from different perspectives.

However, there is this one that has never changed, and yet it should.
It is the honor given to players upon battleground completion.

You would think that if you take the 3 flags in a WSG or if you take one and defend two, for example, you´d get the most honor.
You would think that if you take over 800 Azerite in SS you will get the most honor.

Now, I do not mean to sound elitist nor do I try to throw flowers over my head, this is something that many other players experience as well.
In most BG I make a difference, I literally play at 110% and, generally (not always ofc), I get the vital points that will award a win. If it is not me, it is another player, or another, but yet the ones who get the most honor are those who (generally) stand in the middle fighting, simply gathering honor through kills which not necessarily contribute to the BG victory.
Now, it is PVP, but the BG has a goal. Killing around is not always the means.

I simply suggest to give implement a “bonus honor per action”, being those the actions which can potential win a game, be it cap the flag, defend it, take a base, defend it, resources… you name it.

Then of course keep the current HKs and HPs , simply, give this extra bonus to those of us who actually play the BG and get the win home.

It is something I have in the back of my mind for a decade now. Well, I hope it is worth it and reaches someone else :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know that those people controlling the map while obliterating enemies contribute more to the win than just the dude clicking on a flag and running to the capture point right? How are you supposed to cap if you don’t fight or constantly put the enemy team at a numerical disavantage ?

3 Likes

Sorry but that is not the point.
Of course, that is obvious that fighting helps, but not everyone fighting around is actually doing anything for the game. Take WSG as an example… random fighting is useless… either you attack the EFC or you stop attackers, but many times you find that people with the most honor were not even doing either of those.

AB… so many times you have people fighting around too, which is useless as you should stick to your bases.

That is what I mean.

People fighting in the middle in AV… another good example, either you are capping towers or defending them, not just farming HKs :slight_smile:
If they are in AV to farm HKs… then they shouldn´t get the most honor.
which is why I suggest a bonus system.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the point. Even people randomly farming HKs in WSG deserve more honor as they patrol around and kill the opponents, giving the team control of the map and numerical superiority. Sad that after decades people still don’t understand that you don’t win a battleground by blindly playing the objectives and avoiding fights “outside of carts” or “far from a base”.

6 Likes

So you think that fighting far from the flag while a rogue ninja is a smart tactical move?
Or chasing someone over the whole map in AV while others cap your towers is OK?
How can you even play “blindly” the objectives? You even play the objectives or not.
That of course doesn’t mean you can’t play the objectives wrong, like rushing into a 5 vs 1 fight, just because there is a flag to cap. But ignoring objectives and randomly killing people around is plain stupid and giving “numerical superiority” will not justify it if you lose the game just because the other team actually played the objectives.

Strawman. :smiley:

Well then I guess I’ve been playing the BG the wrong way, wondering what W/L ratio I’d get if I actually played them by the “forum book”

I think the issue here is that people refuse to accept that in BGs you generally have to be flexible in what you’re doing. There are lots of times that the best course of action for you specifically is to keep control of mid to allow your FC safe passage, instead of simply bodyguarding him and running into a hostile midfield that you don’t have control of, and there will be a point at which that becomes a less efficient thing to do.

My general plan in a flag BG is to take control of midfield, and then kill anything I see until the EFC is trying to cross. Given I have a combined WSG + TP winrate of over 75%, I’d say that’s been working well.

Yes, pretty much the same philosophy for me

This, I prefer wsgs where its Just me making runs and 9 people controlling mid
Get flag, quick regroup, take one healer with me into my base, cap, rinse, repeat

The only reason this works is because of mid fighting

I’ve been running flags since BC and this has nearly always lead to 3-0 <8 min victories

1 Like

REWARDING PEOPLE FOR DOING GOOD???

OMEGALUL! That sounds reasonable, so out the window it goes OMEGALUL

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.