A Goblin in Shark's Clothing - Scaling Problem (Broken Goblin Starting Zones)

Hello and good day to whomever reads this!

The Hammer [NPC 36682] in The Lost Isles is overpowered. While it was already pretty absurd in Dragonflight but doable after a few RNG misses, this time, the clunky Mechashark X-Steam [NPC 38318] Greely told us to build dies too fast to do any damage. This makes the quest: A Goblin in Shark’s Clothing [Quest 24817] impossible to do, and thus, keep goblins stuck forever on the beach, thinking about all the money flying away as they grow old.

And yes, I tried without the Mechanical Shark and it only led to a quick, painful death.

EDIT: Um… The Ravenous Lurkers [NPC 36681] swimming around kills the Mechashark in two hits. So I guess the problem is the Mechashark, not The Hammer.

Thanks in advance for fixing that, beautiful fleshy construct you are!

3 Likes

Update update : After taking a break for a day, I tried switching to my Healer spec and killed it on the beach with my bare hands after 5-ish minutes, my health bar going up and down like a yo-yo. It’s still impossible for non-healing classes and should be looked at ASAP. If you have a friend that can help you, they’ll have to level up quite a bit to help you on this specific quest, so better have a healing spec. Otherwise wait patiently for a fix.

I play on EU servers, so if you don’t have a friend to help, reply here and I’ll level up another character for ya (I love the goblin starting zones so freaking much, and it’s the closest thing to the Night Elf walk to Dun Morogh we have now). Goblins strong together.

EDITS:
The Pride of Kezan (Quest 25066) is doable, but just like the Mechashark X-Steam, one hit and your plane is out. Be prepared for fall damage and a walk back up the hill to get another plane.

Final Confrontation (Quest 25251) is just… Don’t even bother taking the Ultimate Footbomb Uniform. It dies in 2 hits and do around 10 damage, while Gallywix has around 7K HP. Your auto-attacks probably does around the same amount of damage, if not more. While the attack power of Gallywix is way lower than the Hammer, you’ll receive damage as soon as you get aggro so you’ll need healing, or a few dead walks. Thrall keeps Gallywix in combat, so no HP reset until he drops to around 600HP (Better be near him, or you’ll miss the quest state change!) Took me around 10-15 minutes to down him while writing this at the same time.

While all of this fixes the issues, I can’t say the problems are solved. This content was left behind for so long that it is currently just broken until Blizzard itself tweak some numbers here and there. Until then…

FREEDOM! And… Good luck!

2 Likes

To this day (august) is still scaled pretty bad, 2 shot and the mechashark is gone. My Goblin is stranded on that island…

This is fixed! Thank you Blizzard, Goblins are now free. :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.