A little interesting project for new players

Hello gamers!
I have this little project (is not little by any stretch of imagination) in mind and I don’t know where to start…
But first…this project’s goal is not to min-max stats,builds,DPS out put,MDI results.This project is about building an Hpal “no target” “no need to know” "Press buttons " “Get loot”
What do I mean by that?well the core idea is that the tank knows what is what AND (very important) the Hpal will have the tank @ focus
Step 1: set tank @ focus (there are just 2 steps)
Then,macros
Holy Shock :
#showtoltip
/cast [mod:shift,@focus] holy shock; [@focustarget] holy shock
Jugment :
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@focus] Eternal Flame ; [@focustarget] judgment
Holy Prism :
#showtoltip
/cast [mod:shift,@focustarget] Holy Prism ; [@focus] Holy Prism
Blessing of Summer :
#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Blessing of Summer
Blessing of Sacrifice :
#showtoltip blessing of sacrifice
/cast [@mod:shift,@focus]Blessing of Sacrifice ; [@mouseovertarget] Blessing of sacrifice
Tyr’s Deliverance + Beacon of virtue (yes,we are picking these talents because the purpose is to push trough not to maximize DPS)
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] tyr’s deliverance ; [nomod] beacon of virtue
Now,step 2 :
get an addon like VuhDo and setup holy shock on mouse 1, eternal flame on mouse 2,shift+ mouse 1 flash of light,shift+mouse 2 Holy light.( recomanded mouse wheel up/or down Cleanse)
The idea of all of this is pretty simple…no matter what button you press,if you Shift press it,it will heal,if nonShift,it will do damage.
Can we improve on this idea?
Disclaimer,I play high end Resto dru,I’m just messing around with this idea but I find it pretty interesting
Thank you for your time!

This eliminates the need to set a focus at all, just press your dps buttons as if you’re healing people.

:slight_smile: y for your time !
and yes…but your solution is about @mouseovertarget and that is good but what I’m trying to build is a “no target” “no Tab” no nothing solution.
I’m trying to build a bot…no need to move your mouse…:slight_smile:

These are my main issues with your solution:

1. None of your buttons work in a non-group scenario.
  2. You’re making assumptions with regards to @unitid. There’s no testing to see if they’re enemies or allies.
  3. You can’t heal anyone but the tank using these buttons, not even yourself. What do you do if anyone else takes damage, as they’re incredibly likely to do in any group scenario?

You’re not going to get out of Normal/Heroic dungeons with the solution you’re proposing.

Yes, all your 1,2,3 are correct but it was my bad,my idea is just for dungeons.I assume the player can do quests on he’s own on a diff spec (ret/prot,what ever is just questing,no matter what non macro buttons u press during questing,it will work)
And for the last part…I honestly think you can KSH with it…
The new comer needs to remember 1 thing…Shift is for heal,non shift is for dmg…please remember that I stated above that this is not MDI,it heavily relies on the tank,is a “Bot” like setup…I assume the player will move out of AoEs and just nomod press or Shift press the buttons that are not on CD in a dungeon setup…
Plus…your setup needs Xpearl or plater with very specific setups,@mouseover dose not work with Blizz’s default…Blizz’s default is a cluster F<3k of red bars that are just moving around on your screen with no logic nor an intuitive feedback ,unless you play the game since TBC there is very little chance a new player can @mouseover do something…but with @focus (tank) the chance that a new player will actually hit a key mob in that cluster F<3k of red bars is pretty decent ,assuming the tank is targeting key mobs.

Yes it does. While unitframes eat mouse clicks by default, keybinds work just fine. If you want to have stuff bound to mouse clicks you can either use the Blizz click-casting stuff they implemented or use the Clique addon which works with any frames.

thank you for your time again!
But I don’t think the purpose of my initial post is about how broken Blizz UI is and how @mouseover some red or green bars can or can not work…Yes! you can make it work with that silly Blizz implementation of “What ever is called in the game’s option Clique addon”
I fail to understand why are we talking about Blizz stolen Clique code…
I’ve stated @ “Step 2” VuhDo for @mouseover.
This is not about Xpearl,Plater,implementing complicated [Mod shift] [mod alt] [@mouseover] exist,nodead,help cast
this is about
#showtoltip
/cast [mod:shift,@focus] holy shock; [@focustarget] holy shock
press X key for dmg, press Shift X key to heal the tank
my post is not about
#showtoltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [mod:shift,@focus,help,nodead] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] word of Glory; Crusader Strike
neither about
#showtoltip Rejuvenation
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Rejuvenation; [@player, mod:shift] Rejuvenation; [@focus, exists, nomod] Rejuvenation
and so on and forward…
My initial idea is clean and simple…press the button to dmg tank’s target or Shift press it to heal “something”…