A little tip for all the sweats in Plunderstorm

Lets make it short. Dont focus us PvE players with level 1. You dont get anything out of us. You waste your time, our time and and it makes this whole mode less fun.

We dont want fights and when it comes later to it, you will kill us in 90% of the time, get all of our loot and skills and get more experience yourself.

Its a win win for everyone.

4 Likes

It’s a pvp gamemode, you are supposed to kill other players. Simple as that.

5 Likes

Crushing noobs isn’t a waste of time, its the point of pvp. “I’ve entered a pvp game format, please don’t kill me”. :man_facepalming:

What are the stages of grief?

• denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.<<<<<<<<<<< You are here.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.
10 Likes

By renown 25 or so, I think I had reached the “acceptance” stage and decoupled emotionally from what other people in Plunderstorm did. The sole objective became to optimize my plunder-per-minute rate.

So whereas early on I’d waste time running away (if they were of a higher level and fighting was futile) or killing myself in the storm so I’d not reward anyone else, I started to just do my quest and then run into a mob or a player. I also rationalized that if I “share” my plunder with others, more people would be done with the grind faster and stop contributing to the activity metrics. This shift in mindset made the journey to 40 much less draining.

Aim for indifference and focus on the goal (presumably the cosmetics). And if you must resent someone, resent the company for designing this content and putting all the cosmetics into this mode. Not the players who PvP in PvP content.

7 Likes

To be honest, killing scared PvE’ers is the most fun thing to do in Plunderstorm.

4 Likes

That is the whole point of pvp. I had seen similar threads when war mode on was introduced. If you dont enjoy pvp you should not be playing it .

1 Like

Blizzard just announced their next experiment will be pve focused. This one is pvp with all that comes.

Learn to run away. I had a level 2 chase me for almost 2 minutes once. I guarantee you they didn’t win considering the time they wasted in the early game.

Also divebomb a mob to make sure you have at least one skill from the beginning.

4 Likes

Imo its a fun casual way to pvp, no buttonbloat and easy games. I would hate not being able to kill off the lowlevels :smile:

Yes. and after that, i started to be more efficient.

It’s going to happen anyway. If I land in a bad spot or someone targets me the first seconds, I just leave the match and go back in queue. It’s faster. This up until I’ve completed the quest, after that, it’s all bonus time so I just keep going on until eventually there’s no more plunder and then I either run into the storm or jump into people killing each other - chances are that you may get some more plunder from people dying before you die as well.

This hardly ever happens to me. I don’t want to start P2W drama but I have maxed out settings so I can see people from absolutely miles away.

I just land at an edge where I haven’t seen anyone else land. Then once I’m on the ground I keep an eye on any Andys. If I can I also yell “Noob” or “Baldy” at them if they come at me.

I’m getting to at least the second half of the game and over 500 plunder pretty much every game (Usually 800-1000 since the latest buff) without ever engaging with other players.

When the call of The Storm is too strong I enter it to offer my Plunder.

2 Likes

Kinda toxic.

You assume you’re behind everyone else on the plunder grind and everyone else will stop playing when they reach 40. That assumption is very unlikely, and if everyone would play like that, everyone’s grind will take longer.

I reached that after 2 matches. 7 plunder and 0 plunder. I accepted I could not do this game mode.
Frankly it saved me a horrible grind so every cloud and all that…

2 Likes

Same here. I wanted the end rewards but, after 2 attempts, I realised have neither the ability nor the patience to go for them (and I’m a casual pvper so not totally out of my depth).

3 Likes

The event in itself is good, but it’s bad that it’s only PvP. I don’t like PvP, yet I’m doing this because of the mogs, but it’s a terrible experience. I know no one but myself is forcing me to do it, yet I do it anyway.

It’s a good experiment, but it’s a shame. If there was a PvE mode, something like comp stomp, I would actually have fun too.

1 Like

Reading peoples posts in threads like these saying they hate the mode for its pvp, also reading same hate towards the mode from retail pvp crowd cause its separate mode with no impact on retail pvp, so if both the pve and pvp players of retail mostly write resenting the mode I cant but wonder to who is it for. I cant but wonder if this is something they should do from here onwards, perhaps the focus should be more inside the retail as that seem to be what I see people asking on forums. There seems to be various amount of bugs and issues still inside retail that could use their time and effort.

2 Likes

We don’t really know how it’s been received. People will take to social media to complain about something they dislike.

I think reception is fairly mixed. Participation is no guarantee of whether or not people enjoyed it either. Many collectors endured the mode to get their rewards but didn’t touch it again after.

Even if you enjoyed it you may have felt you had enough by the time you hit the max renown.

So who knows.

2 Likes

I agree, we cant take participation as indicator for metrics for this if they bate it with fomo for tmogs. But I commented regards what I gather reading usa and eu forums as I personally dont use any other platforms related wow nor social media. I mostly see both pve and pvpers write their dislike for the mode and the dozen likes these type comments and posts gather so it do seem like mutually shared opinion which I notice and cant but wonder if both pve and pvpers hate the mode then who is it really for, personally I would like to not see any separated modes outside of retail in future :thinking:

No but you see… it’s… it’s really really fun killing someone who’s clueless