[ A / N - RP ] Splintering Warp

I’ve got it! I found the solution!

Excuse me… perhaps I should start from the beginning.

Couple of weeks ago, the Botany Band went to the Botanica. I know, a little on the nose, but we were tracking the corruption that we’ve been seeing recently in Feralas, and we found satyrs spreading much of the same corruption in there. Moreover, we found the Ancient of the Arcane, Warp Splinter. And he was sick. And confused. And very aggressive. And most importantly NOT DEAD. Warp Splinter died years ago. And he died again couple of weeks ago, but he shouldn’t be alive - or at least full grown yet. He must have been regrown from a corrupted cutting. So we did the only sensible thing - we took a cutting of our own and burned the rest!

The past couple of weeks me and my assistant Sharon have been working on diagnosing the new sapling and finding the cure for his affliction. I recently discovered what was wrong - Kael’thas’s blood elves who were working with the satyrs in the Botanica have been experimenting on poor Warp Splinter, who the naaru left behind as a magical gardener. They’ve implanted him with cuttings of Netherbloom, a highly invasive and devastating weed, and observed the results. The enzymes of Netherbloom digested the nether energies around the Botanica and twisted the poor ancient. But fear not! Thanks to a renowned gnomish scientist and the alchemical expertise of my student, we’ve discovered a cure! The ritual will only require a couple of druids - and some people to observe the rebirth of Warp Splinter!

What could possibly go wrong? Join us in this happy ritual, welcoming Warp Splinter back among us.

Now for the OOC part. Hey, this is the Botany Band’s event for the week of Monday 17th. We gather on the coming Monday, at 8 PM, in the Dalaran (Broken Isles) greenhouse - so the usual time and place. Needless to say, something can go wrong - and probably will.

The event is designed for Alliance, but friendly Horde folks are welcome. If Horde members do arrive, equip yourself with 2-3 Elixirs of Tongues and your own means of getting to central Kalimdor.

I learned a few things from the way other RP guilds are doing it, so I’ll be trying to do it more of their way. I hope to see all the usual faces, and maybe some new visitors! See you all on Monday!

Recommended add-ons:

• TRP or MRP
  • Dice Master
  • if Horde shows up, Cross RP
5 Likes

Inkeri will be there! To learn all she can and try to help in her own way.

2 Likes

I will hopefully have someone attending, though who that will be will remain a mystery for now (even to me at the moment).

2 Likes

Really cool idea behind this! I enjoyed reading the little introduction.
It’s fun to see more and more events opening up for both factions, as well.

3 Likes

Here’s a necessary question to know if I need to prepare something. Is there going to be a Horde group coming? Because if yes, I’d need to test some addon functionality.

2 Likes

I am considering it. Severe altoholism makes it difficult, if not plain impossible, for me to stick with one character… Outland presumably still is a somewhat dangerous place, so I figure an experienced fighter might come in handy, if the Alliance’rs will trust a Hordy half-demon to guard their backs :sunglasses:

Which addon did you have in mind?

2 Likes

We are not going to Outland on Monday. The character at the center of the story is from there, but we’re not going there.

I would prefer an Alliance only group, because that would make a few things easier. But if a Horde group shows up, I’d need to test the Cross RP’s functionality of linking raid groups from opposite factions, so they get my /rw.

3 Likes

Blizzard: “Other faction bad, now go and fight the war! Grr! War crimes! Hate each other!!”
Sha’glade Cartel: "Hey, let’s be friends! :two_hearts: "

Not gonna lie, I’m 100% here for less faction war and more faction cooperation. It’s better together!

4 Likes

I didn’t know that was possible :dizzy_face:
If it turns out I’m the only Hordie, I’ll just relog to an Ally :hugs:

2 Likes

One of my other guilds was testing Dice Master. And while I am not in the position to institute the usage of the add-on in the guild at large, it has some very useful tools and would let me show you NPCs that aren’t in the actual game world. I.e. with an actual model and map marker.

So here’s a new recommendation: install Dice Master add on. It will not be necessary to know what’s going on, but it will help with immersion.

3 Likes

I will go if … faction difficulties … prevent Meloren from attending. We have an understanding.

Besides, Alunaria left before I had the opportunity to speak with her last week. There is something she should know.

1 Like

Just letting you all know i won’t be about for this one, sorry.
Work’s killed me off a bit, and left my as brain mush.

2 Likes

Well, I guess I got another shot at raising a kid. This one’s gonna be a real hit with the family. “Hey, fam, remember when I told you about the half-orc kid? Well, I got a new kid. And this one’s a TREE!”

2 Likes

Thank you for the event, Ethan, it was an adventure! :butterfly:

1 Like

Cherwina shakily left the greenhouse and headed toward the tavern. She looked pale and murmured unfinished thoughts as she walked.

“It’s OK. They didn’t come. They didn’t see. Rest up. Keep going. Find him.”

It was a really good event. I definitely enjoyed the road trip to Feralas, a place that’s always been important to Cherwina’s background. You’ve given me ideas for how to tackle a story thought I’ve had for years but couldn’t think of how to transfer that thought to the game.

Thank you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.