A NON-gaming laptop to play WoW

I’m currently looking for a new laptop, something in the 500-600€ range. Mostly for work but I’d also like to bring it to holidays for some light WoW action (no raid or mythic+, but mostly doing WQ and small grind).

Anyway, the Huawei Matebook D 14 looks ok, but is it good enough for WoW? And if not, do you have another suggestion in this 500-600€ price range?

Its specs: Integrated Radeon Vega8 Graphics, AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U mobile processor, 8 GB DDR4, SSD.

Vega 8 is quite capable integrated graphics and should work just fine. Desktop variant can handle WoW on lower settings rather “easily”.

With such price range it will be hard to find a good and slick laptop with dedicated graphics - but you may check if there is a sale for something with GTX 1050 / 1050 Ti or 1650.

1 Like

Noted. Thanks for your feedback ^^

I am currently in the same position as you, I am looking to buy a laptop for when I travel and to bring to work, for a light load of playing, non-raiding etc. I am currently looking to buy a Lenovo V155 (3500U CPU and about the same specs as the one you linked).
I am ordering the laptop today, will report back to you if you’d like with what performance I am getting. (Should be 4-5 days until I get it and am able to test it out).

Go to “overclockers” couk website.

Go to the catogry “gaming laptops” and then select “offers”.

There’s a few at the upper end of your price range. And this is a great company that Iv used several times.

Im currently using an ASUS TuF with an i7 and 1060 graphics card. I love the TuF keyboards… all the non-gaming laptops Iv had in the past needed frequent keyboard replacements with WoW due to constant pressing on a few keys, like the up arrow for forward movement. These dont :wink:

Ok so I finally bought this Huawei Matebook D 14 (for 550€) and it runs WoW smoothly even on wifi. I got ~50fps easily while graphics pref are set to 8. Note that I only do questing, dailies and one heroic warfront on it. I didn’t raid. But for playing WoW on the side, this laptop is cheap and does the job perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.